Rangers v UEFA

RiG

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/4876118.stm

Now personally I hope they get hammered. Yes I hate the OF but all this garbage about looking to pick on them because they are small fish is ridiculous IMO. Other teams in Europe have been fined, banned from European competition or have have to play games behind closed doors. I get the feeling that Rangers are now bricking it because someone is taking this sectarianism stuff very seriously indeed.

How many times have we heard how you are up to their knees in Fenian blood at our games? This is why I can't go to Ibrox half the time because I would go insane at the guff spouted from the bigotted sections of their support - there are some decent Gers fans I know before anyone has a go at me - but it's about time something was done about the OF and thier disgraceful antics in Europe.

Quote from Bill Leckie in to-days Sun

And then we woke up and it had been all just a bad dream.

All those days and nights spent getting our ears battered with bigoted bile. All those paramilitary songs and scarves and badges.

All of it one big figment of the imagination

No one at Ibrox shouts F*** The Pope

No one at Ibrox sings about Dirty Fenian B******S

No one at Ibrox promotes the UDA or the UVF

It must be right, UEFA have said so. Not guilty of any sectarian crimes.

Who in the name of King Billy's horse are they kidding? I mean not even the maddest, mentalest,no one likes us and we don;t care Bluenose has the brass neck to claim sectarian songs don't get sung

Theres much more but I think you get his drift

Always not afraid to say the truth one of the few scottish football journalist I have any time for

Good on you Bill Leckie keep up the good work

Any form of bigotry is wrong, no question.

The problem may be that although Rangers and Celtic are the main offenders they are not the only ones.

Hearts, Hibs and many other teams have supporters who in the heat of the moment have let go a comment which dependant on the tone could be construed as been bigoted.

The cost of policing this problem is enormous 45,000 arrests at the next old firm game?

My opinion is that the bigots are a dying breed at football matches, any old timers like me who attended Parkhead or Ibrox in the 1970s would have noticed a great improvement in the number of party songs being sung when down there over the last couple of years. If the subject of Bigotry at football matches is not given the oxygen of publicity maybe it will have died out in the next 10 years.

One thing that has puzzled me is that Rangers seem to be getting all the bad press apart from the damage to the bus at the recent European game I cant see any difference in the behaviour of either sets of old firm fans. I believe their was a spot of trouble with the Celtic fans in Coventry the other night.

What I'm trying to say is that this is not footballs problem, football is an outlet but it is society's problem and should be addressed in the home, at school, by the Churches, etc.