ICT -V- Hearts : Matchday Thread

Scotty

Went to get a cuppa and nearly swallowed the cup when I came back in when I saw the score.

Well. if Tichy can talk about tennis is it O K, Scotty, if I tellthe fans that the Vancouver Canucks victory 4-3 over the Chicago Blackhawks last night now put them 2-0 up in the ice-hockey Play-Offs .

What a game!--end to end stuff and enough thrills and spills to satisfy any fan. The third period was absolutely frenetic with both sets of players going flat out. My eyes were popping and I was afraid to draw a breath in case I missed something.

Fastest game on earth, eh, Scotty? These players skate faster backwards than the ponies at Hastings Racecourse in full forward flight. :wave:

matchday thread is pretty 'loose' in terms of moderation....

for example, just to bring another team into the mix, its pissing rain in Toronto today so right now I am debating what to wear to the TFC -V- DC Utd game tonight (and whether anything needs to go in the washing machine) and whether or not to go via public transit (and therefore beer) or to take the car (no beer) .......

PS Scarlet - not really into hockey. been to one game ever and didnt really understand or enjoy it so give it a miss ..... Toronto Maple Laffs are pretty bad anyway and 70% of the tickets are corporate and therefore mega expensive .....

Och Scotty Life is short---just go!

Today Vancouver Whitecaps take on the Chivas team ain Vancouver.I was wondering what thefam\ns do for comfort in the rain because all games to date have been dry, sunny and balmy. Such a change from tyhe normal weather her.

From where? Dunno.

Maybe it will be a Regal contest though. When you watch it on the big flat screen TV in HD it is awesome.

We don't get the Eastern conference results here in the West, Scotty, so if you want to send them to me on an irregular basis that would be appreciated.Have no idea how Toronto are actually doing as a result.

Och Scotty Life is short---just go!

Today Vancouver Whitecaps take on the Chivas team ain Vancouver.I was wondering what thefam\ns do for comfort in the rain because all games to date have been dry, sunny and balmy. Such a change from tyhe normal weather her.

From where? Dunno.

Maybe it will be a Regal contest though. When you watch it on the big flat screen TV in HD it is awesome.

We don't get the Eastern conference results here in the West, Scotty, so if you want to send them to me on an irregular basis that would be appreciated.Have no idea how Toronto are actually doing as a result.

http://tfcpics.com is a site we do with pics and results/stats from TFC games (sometimes takes me a day to update it though)

http://mlssoccer.com is the league site which has info up straight away.

TFC are 2nd in the east after drawing 0-0 with LA Galaxy on Wednesday night.

A good point in the end, although we should have been well ahead in the first half.

indeed. frustrating that we could not get that 2nd goal from one of those first half chances. if we did I think we would have won it 2-0 as Hearts would have given up (nothing to play for and all that).

Never mind, it means that neither myself or "GaryJambo" will have the upper hand when we meet up before the TFC game tonight.

Tichy==Good. Enjoy!

I personally enjoy all sports but some tennis rallies can be great to watch, I agree.

Scotty, I have only been to one game myself and it was pretty pedestrian stuff. Mind you that was donkey's years ago.

Since then I have advanced my knowledge and find the skill and pace has improved and is fascinating. There is no doubt that when there is a prize at stake it can get very exciting. But I still don't fully understand all the terms. e.g. what is offside?--I thought I understood that but in hockey it appears to be something else?

During the regular season I saw only a very few of the games but now that Vancouver have their best team ever, have won the North American League and have a very good chance of winning the Stanley cup this year, then I will be glued to the screen for sure.Because I doubt if they will ever have as good a chance of taking home the silverware as they do this year.

In the unlikely event that you could get away with selling bootleg T-Shirts with Maple Leaf logos and trademarks on them, a T-Shirt with the expression "Maybe Next Year" underneath a TML logo would be good for about 40 years !!! Toronto FC will hopefully be the first Toronto sports team to reach any sort of end of season playoffs for a few years .... I have a feeling.

And to bring all this Toronto talk back into the thread and establish even the remotest of links to ICT, I have to mention that TFC signed Richard Eckersley on loan from Burnley yesterday so with ICT having MacDonald and TFC having Eckersley, there is at least a tenuous link between the sides :lol:

Point but could have been three. Goal from Doran was a great start, didnt have a good view of the potential penalty. Duff made an excellent goal line clearence on half time.

Referee was dire. So much was either not noticed or judged wrong. The throw in that led to Hearts goal was several feet from where the ball actually went out of play. Also Foran had a header that looked over the line. Hearts had struck the crossbar earlier but the game was still relatively open.

Tokely's red was Cox giving the ball away cheaply. Dont think Rosscoe needed to take the boy out but he did and as soon as he did you knew he would go.

A point isn't a bad result by any means but 3 were defnitely there for the taking.

Throw in taken.....ref blows whistle to tell the player to move back to where it should have been taken from.

Game must stop......oops no. I'm sorry, what am I thinking of :getmecoat:

Refs wonder why the don't get any respect. Tokely's first yellow card wasn't even a foul!

Should have been 3 up by half time, with better finishing. However, we had about 3 equally important clearances off the line, and Esson had a couple of cracking stops. Rosscoe's red meant that a point was, in the end, a good reward.

Crawford Allan really fecked it as a game for me, he was inept to the point of being laughable. How he missed the blatant hand ball from Hertz in the 2nd half is beyond me, and what he was doing at their goal was the same: he alowed the throw to be taken yards upfield from where it should have been, blew his whistle and then allowed the Jambos to score. Our defence had stopped, in the meantime, making the (unjustified) assumption that the idiot had made a decision. Never mind his completely inconsistent application of what constituted a foul, there appeared to be a ten minute spell in the 2nd half where he had lost it completely. It's this kind of display that really does give refs a bad name, because it was actually not a bad game but completely overshadowed by that plank of an official.

• Agree 4

Certainly a dreadful piece or refereeing at their goal (although there were a few others too). I think that, even with that a draw was probably fair. We were well on top early on - should have taken our chances though - but the hertz did improve as the game went on, aside from a lot of "gamesmanship"!

The refereeing at their goal will, however, overshadow everything else in the game!

Should have been 3 up by half time, with better finishing. However, we had about 3 equally important clearances off the line, and Esson had a couple of cracking stops. Rosscoe's red meant that a point was, in the end, a good reward.

Crawford Allan really fecked it as a game for me, he was inept to the point of being laughable. How he missed the blatant hand ball from Hertz in the 2nd half is beyond me, and what he was doing at their goal was the same: he alowed the throw to be taken yards upfield from where it should have been, blew his whistle and then allowed the Jambos to score. Our defence had stopped, in the meantime, making the (unjustified) assumption that the idiot had made a decision. Never mind his completely inconsistent application of what constituted a foul, there appeared to be a ten minute spell in the 2nd half where he had lost it completely. It's this kind of display that really does give refs a bad name, because it was actually not a bad game but completely overshadowed by that plank of an official.

This pretty much sums it up for me too. First half we looked confident and really looked like having a go created good chances, with a well taken goal to boot. Second half Jambos came out of the trap better and we were second too most balls. We then started to get into the game again and the referee lost the plot and they scored, the ref's/linesman;s performance then decended into what I can only describe as like a scene from the 'Chuckle Brothers', a complete farce. Not to mention a sending off and several bookings in a game with no nasty challenges that I noticed. I have to commend the Caley players cos if it was me I would have had a hard time not punching Crawford Allan in the face. If I put a performance like that in at my place of work there would be a P45 waiting for me at the end. :annoyed: Rant over.

Edited by fraz
  • Agree 1

so fed up with officails performance left 10 minutes early could not watch any more.

in the second half hearts player kicks ball into touch. standside lineman keeps flag down, obviously talking to referee, looks like ref didnt see it either so gave throw to hearts. linesman then puts flag up in hearts favour as if he had made the decision, what a pair of tossers. i am against the flack ref's have been getting this year but after witnessing these tubes today i can now see what everyone is on about.

i sit in the family section of north stand and i could hear the whistle being sounded to tell the hearts player to go back to the throwins correct place. no wonder our players switched off waiting for him to do so instead he just threw ball from where he was still standing.

not sure on rules of football but just watched game on alba and the throw in was taken from the gravel surrounding the pitch and not the grass. i think i have seen this done before and the referee make the player take again from the touch line.??

pathetic pass from cox,-- he seems to do quite often --- got tokely into trouble for second yellow.

dont know how we managed a point today , duff was duff, gillet was very poor when in possesion, maybe not match fit, hayes needs his op, lost possion quite a few times in critical areas, rooney not the same player this last few weeks, obviously tel agrees when he keeps subsituting him, doran scored a good goal but apart from cutting inside does not have the pace to go past defenders, how this boy thinks he can make in the premiership is beyond me.

ah well roll on the easier games!!!

• Disagree 3