Chairman

givmeaccccc

I think if this is true it could be a good move. I seem to recollect the club itself being a bit more forward thinking when he was in charge. It wasn't that long ago he wanted to built a proper shop at the stadium.

If Sutherland and Savage can work together then I think we have the best of both worlds ..... I know Sutherland may be in the background but until such time as he (or his companies) get rid of their shares he casts a large shadow and one which you cannot ignore.

Savage was potentially the most forward looking chairman we hav had with big ideas in his last term (perhaps bigger than we could afford?) and it has always been Sutherland who has been the fiscally prudent one who tries to keep us in line with income/expenditure so we dont almost go to the wall like we did in the past.

If these two can work together and give us a forward looking board with some bright ideas that try to develop the club whilst staying fiscally responsible then we are onto a winner !!!

ICT have been treading water in all areas of the club since we got to the SPL....although maybe a little less so since the reality check that came from relegation which seemed to inspire some positive change that can be built upon.

We're about to witness a change of direction on the field, so it wouldn't be beyond the realms of reasonable thought to think we might see the same off the field.

I have no idea who, what or why...and there's nothing to say that the current chairman/board/shareholders couldn't implement changes...but I do have a hunch that something is on the horizon.

What the club needs is SERIOUS investment, something the Builder is not prepared to do. We are at a stage where we need to kick on to the next level or we will lose our fine management team and stagnate.

• Disagree 2

What the club needs is SERIOUS investment,

When someone makes an investment in a company they normally expect a return. What serious return are you sugesting here for the serious investment you want. Or do you mean that the club need's a large free handout from someone who is prepared to subsadise it?

Edited by mainstander

Realistically....I don't think the club needs all that much additional (financial) investment. We're seeing a lot of change in the way clubs are run and many are moving away from business models that rely on continual investment....we are already ahead of the game on the front, and always have been, even if it has cost us all our assets.

I'd far rather see us growing the business to support growth on the playing side...and any investment should be directed to doing that.

I'm probably a bit of a nerd when it comes to my choice of football related reading. Whilst most are reading the match reports and player stories I tend to seek out articles which are written around the business side of football....and there's plenty of them out there. Unfortunately, the bulk of those articles are stories of clubs who have found themselves in serious financial difficulty because the business has been grown using cash from owners/benefactors and that suddenly dries up for one reason or another and I don't want to see that happen here.

One of the most unfortunate catch 22's in football is that investors tend to be fans and as fans their passion for success can often overrule their head for business. ICT spent 10 years chasing Sutherlands promise of SPL football....and, IMO, I think we were guilty of putting that promise ahead of other things and some mistakes/unwise decisions were made along the way. In saying that, hindsight is a wonderful thing, and compared to most other clubs we've rode our mistakes pretty well and (some) lessons seemed to have been learned.

David Sutherland could have cut his losses long time ago, indeed we have seen "offers" over the years and they have been rejected as they weren't felt to be the right thing for the club....and rightly so. We don't want/need a Whyte coming in and promising to feed money into the club to keep it going, we want/need someone with plans, good plans, for growing the club properly and in a manner that means we can continue when they depart. We need to be tapping new markets and casting our net a little wider in order to realise and maximise the potential that already exists.

• Agree 2

What the club needs is SERIOUS investment, something the Builder is not prepared to do. We are at a stage where we need to kick on to the next level or we will lose our fine management team and stagnate.

And do a Gretna?

I'm more in favour of long-term planning a la Steve Paterson / Jim McLean but that doesn't seem to be happening.

And do a Gretna?

I'm more in favour of long-term planning a la Steve Paterson / Jim McLean but that doesn't seem to be happening.

I didn't say anything about a "quick fix". There was absolutely nothing geared to infrastructure / long-term planning since the club was formed and that includes however much the Builder or his companies invested. Duncan Shearer is a good start but I'm sure many would agree that we are still seen as a Premier League TEAM but not a PL CLUB. Investment can be made in many ways and yes any investor needs to see a return on their input. As Sutherland says himself, everyone has a "sell by" date and maybe now would be as good a time as any for him to move on and let fresh blood in.