aldershot v inverness ct

sotonict

Stinging shot from Mekki, parried out by keeper into the path of Connolly, who merely had to steer it in to the emtpy net but he half trampled on the balland it skewed wide....

seem to be giving a way a lot of chances

Monty almost scores with his first touch.....

Not quite sure how the scores are level here......but for the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half, Shots have been by far the better side throughout.....

Perhaps it's because both teams have scored one goal..lol

Caley almost grab a late winner.......shot well blocked by Clement though....

Terrific run and shot by Bradley Bubb, who looks to be an exciting prospect this season for Shots.

He's not tall, but he's good in the air, strong on the ball, is a powerful runner and undoubtedly has an eye for goal.

It's finished 1-1......very well played Shots.....

FT 1-1

From the Aldershot site Re: ATFC Vs ICT - Match thread icon_post_target.gifby Mytshot ? Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:55 pm Shots by far the better team. On this showing the S cottish Premier League isn't even league 2 standard!Don't think we have impressed many :irritated:

Atleast this is a step up. last year we weren't even Conference class after our game against Fleetwood!!

I'm still honestly very worried about our defence and i think these pre-season friendlies prove it. We should be pummeling these teams into the ground although it is a completely differnt team this season so.. I think if we plan on staying up this season we ATLEAST need another 1 or 2 experienced CB's and a RB. Also another tall, goal scoring forward would be good but cant see anymore forwards being brought in. Also dont see the point in Stevenson as we have plenty of good midfielders dont we?? Just my honest opinion though.

I suppose the way to look at it is this is our 3rd game in 5 days, one more so for generating match fitness so in that regard you could say that there may have been some tiring legs out there. I think fitness wise it's the only thing you can take from the game by the sounds of things and from what I have read along with Nick getting on the scoresheet again. I think we'll see him push up the park much more this season.

Still slightly concerned about our defence especially RB, hopefully we'll manage to bring another few in by the end of August.

Apparently the lads were all "******". Pretty busy schedule i suppose! It would have made sense for the young lads to start especially as it looks like they may be needed for next week. Can't quite get my head around the logic of putting the players through 3 games in 5 days as it really is risking injury.

Although I'll give the lads credit for trying to play football, this standard is just not good enough. Aldershot are a middle table FL2 side, but they outplayed us in the first half.

We only created a couple of chances in the whole game, one for the goal and one right at the end when their keeper made a good save.

Unlike against Bristol, this was a reasonably strong side we had out, and I expected better when I heard the team.

I didn't see Doran get injured. He hardly touched the ball whilst he was on. Could have still been in Blackburn for all the influence he had on this game.

There have been one or two plusses in the 3 friendlies I've been to this week - Nick Ross finding out where the goal is for one. Another is that Aldred has the makings of being a good defender. He seems to be becoming a favourite with the faithful already.

Still shaky at the back though, Gillet had a poor game today but Rossco very sound.

I know friendlies are mainly just for fitness and match practise, so I'm trying to remain optimistic that everything will be OK next Saturday.

Nick Ross with a goal straight out of Crimewatch

Thank you! A wonderful turn of phrase which I may well take the liberty of plagiarising in a report at some time during the season! (Although I'm sure someone else has got there first liong since.)

It would be especially suitable for Open All Mics!!!

Edited by Charles Bannerman

It's only a friendly. We've seen numerous big teams get pumped by lesser clubs. From Rangers to Liverpool. It doesn't mean it'll be like that at the start of the season. I see above Partick just beat Celtic. Again, it's funny but meaningless. At least give them a competitive game before getting depressed.

• Agree 2

the negatives we take from this game is a positive for me as we have a week to sort it out thats the point in pre season

also i feel the team could take a winning mentality from this pre season undefeated the biggest test for the lads will be how they react when we lose

• Agree 1

Nick Ross with a goal straight out of Crimewatch

Thank you! A wonderful turn of phrase which I may well take the liberty of plagiarising in a report at some time during the season! (Although I'm sure someone else has got there first liong since.)

It would be especially suitable for Open All Mics!!!

You'll need to credit the author and pay him Charles.

I'm still honestly very worried about our defence and i think these pre-season friendlies prove it. We should be pummeling these teams into the ground although it is a completely differnt team this season so.. I think if we plan on staying up this season we ATLEAST need another 1 or 2 experienced CB's and a RB. Also another tall, goal scoring forward would be good but cant see anymore forwards being brought in. Also dont see the point in Stevenson as we have plenty of good midfielders dont we?? Just my honest opinion though.

I believe we need more cover in defence but wouldn't say I was worried by what we've got. Last season we conceded 6 goals in 8 friendlies. This season we've conceded 6 in 7. Last season we scored 20 in 8. This season its 20 in 7. Last season was 4 wins 3 draws and 1 loss. This its 4 wins 3 draws. (Buckie to beat us)

Stats are only stats but I think we must be doing something right in defence this season to match what we had last.