dunfermline away

maimie

who's all going and where's the meet? :)

Should be there.

Last time I think it was The Elizabethan, halfway between Queen Margaret station and East End Park. Not the most atmospheric of places - personally speaking I think I'd prefer a bar in the centre, but I'll see what the other central belters are planning.

who's all going and where's the meet? :)

Should be there.

Last time I think it was The Elizabethan, halfway between Queen Margaret station and East End Park. Not the most atmospheric of places - personally speaking I think I'd prefer a bar in the centre, but I'll see what the other central belters are planning.

Meeting 10 am in Counting House and heading to Eddinburgh between 10 and 11 then up to Dunfermline. You joining us in CH?

I'll see what the other central belters are planning.

Meeting 10 am in Counting House and heading to Eddinburgh between 10 and 11 then up to Dunfermline. You joining us in CH?

I'll more than likely be there. At the moment the thought of starting at that time horrifies me - still gettting over the stag I was on last weekend - but come Saturday morning that will probably have changed.

News just in from Dunfermline FC - This would seem to be a better pre match option

We are opening our Gallery Suite Bar situated at East End Park, to both home and away supporters for pre match drinks (cash bar) which shall be opening from 12pm until the match. We wanted to make you aware of this and welcome all away supporters.

Attempting to cycle to this one coz im tight, hopefully make it.

CYCLING WHILE DRUNK

Cycling is intoxicating, it gives a natural high but it?s also a very sociable activity and those who partake in the weekend ?pub run? will attest that cycling is easier after the odd drink or two.

A social tipple, imbibed in moderation (is that possible for Stirling Observer ?) ? the proverbial swift half ? will not lead to a massive impairment in your ability to ride home but, despite alcohol?s pain reducing effect, it impairs athletic performance so too much booze is bad for biking.

The Licensing Act 1872 makes it an offence to be drunk in charge of a bicycle (or any other vehicle or carriage, or cattle) on a highway or in a public place but this old law also forbids any public drunkenness ? even in a pub ? so is clearly never enforced.

In law a bicycle is defined as a carriage for use on the highway but cyclists are not in charge of ?mechanically propelled? vehicles so, in law, do not have to adhere to exactly the same ?drink drive? rules as motorists.

Section 30 Road Traffic Act 1988 says: ?It is an offence for a person to ride a cycle on a road or other public place when unfit to ride through drink or drugs ? that is to say ? is under the influence of a drink or a drug to such an extent as to be incapable of having proper control of the cycle.Mmm - slightly better news for SO !!

In Scotland a PC may arrest without warrant a person committing an offence under this section. There is no obligation for a cyclist to submit to a blood or urine alcohol test.

?Road? in the above bit of legislation includes a bridleway so don?t think you can get blotto at a country pub and ride home ?off road? without risk.

And here?s the rub. If you ride drunk you risk endangering yourself and possibly others by your actions. Would you ride home blindfolded? Beer-googles and bicycles do not mix. And, as stated above, cycling ?dangerously? can be fined by up to ?2500.