10p Bowling

Joonya

You have ?1, and only ?1.

That ?1 MUST be bet over the course of a weekend. Any funds not bet will be counted as a Loss!

No bet can commence before 6pm Friday, and all bets must end by 9pm Sunday.

Any bets placed that end AFTER the 9pm Sunday deadline will be classed as void bets, and 'stake' will be deemed as returned.

ALL bets must be stated on Twitter, so that others can varify if there so happens to be a discrepency, or a conspirecy about cheating. You must also declare your remaining kitty after each bet.

Your 'stake' cannot exceed 10p on any given bet. Hence the name of the game! (EG: if you bet on a horse each way, you must place the horse at 5p to make the each way bet total 10p. E/W 10p bets are not permitted, as this make the total 'Stake' 20p.).

Once your ?1 is spent, it's spent. IE you cannot 're deposit' funds. However, you can re-bet any winnings that may be forthcoming, so long as the bets comply with the previous rules. (EG: You win 18p from a 10p bet. You can then place 2 bets at 9p each if you wish, but if one finishes after 9pm Sunday, that 9p will return to your kitty.)

The person with the largest kitty come 9pm Sunday is the winner that weekend.

Results will be continued until the end of the season. The winner gets the bragging rights, the looser no doubt will get some abuse. It's merely a game to entertain over the sporting weekend, and it only costs ?1.

New players will start on the average score that current players have accumilated at the time you join.

I've no doubt forgotten something, so ask away any questions. Am sure current players can help me out with answers

I think you've covered most of it there, Brig; although I must correct you on one important aspect: new players join at the foot of the table, which means, a-hem, that they'll be sitting alongside yourself. What was it yow said about bragging rights and abuse?

Because you are limited to 140 characters on Twatta, you need to be smart with your twats. Here's an example of an acceptable format in an 3 game accumulator:

Man City @2/5 + Brighton @1/2 + Southend @8/13. 10p (34p). Kitty 70p.

All winnings must also be declared. Here's an example:

Man City/Brighton/Southend treble won for 34p. Kitty £1.04.

You can bet on any event, or combination of events, just so long as you can quote the odds from a reputable bookmaker. All of the current players have online accounts on their phones (William Hill is the preferred choice because they allow you to bet in units of less than 10p; Ladbrokes and Bet365 start at 10p).

The game relies on the complete honesty of the players although you will find that we do scrutinise each other's bets and you really don't want to be caught inflating the odds or declaring a false result. Transparency is everything; that's why we ask for the kitty to be declared on every bet and on every win.

One thing I'd add on the "must bet your pound" rule is that in the main, each of us loses money, ie we end up with less than a pound. Sounds daft but it's true. Therefore it's deemed unsporting to place a couple of bets then sit on the other 80p and declare that as your kitty come Sunday night. The spirit of the game is to get in there, punt your pound, then scramble about like mad trying to get back into profit on Sunday evening.

Please declare your final kitty at 9pm (or before if you've declared earlier) on a Sunday night so that we can get the league table sorted. I keep that on a spreadsheet and publish the table on Facebook (Steve Taylor).

The players to follow (currently) on Twatta are CaleyGringo, GringoJnr, CapitalCaley, Zinaad, ba_hm10, moraywanderer, taffytaylor89 and VonSchiehallion. MBeatonio was playing at one point but is currently sidelined.

What I will say is that once you start playing, your Friday's will never be quite the same again. The sense of anticipation and optimism as 6 o'clock approaches is quite addictive. But it doesn't last. Friday night has been the graveyard of many a reckless punt.

Edited by Yompa

italy@23/10+Paraguay@7/4+Greece draw @2/1=30p stake 70p kitty....let the 10p Bowling commence (on friday lol)

tothertuggles

right idea?

10p (maximum) per bet, so is that bet there 3 singles? If so, that's fine. Welcome to the world of 10p Bowling! You won't be able to stop playing!

Edited by CapitalCaley

10p Bowling Week 12:

VonSchiehallion -?0.90

--------------------------------

Gringo -?1.97

Capital -?2.18

Taffy -?4.03

MorayWanderer -?5.03

Flymo -?5.31

Zinaad -?6.50

Joonya -?7.69

--------------------------------

Tugger -?8.09 *

* Joined the league in W12 alongside Joonya

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone can play so long as they have a) an online betting account (such as william hill) b) a twitter account

Once you've got these, post your twitter name here, or alternatively add those already playing:

@CaleyGringo

@CapitalCaley

@Zinaad

@VonSheihallion

@GringoJnr

@moraywanderer

@ba_hm10

@TaffyTaylor89

New players start at the bottom of the table with the same score as the person currently occupying that spot (-?8.89)

Rule how to play are contained in this thread.

Anyone can play so long as they have a) an online betting account (such as william hill) b) a twitter account

Once you've got these, post your twitter name here, or alternatively add those already playing:

@CaleyGringo

@CapitalCaley

@Zinaad

@VonSheihallion

@GringoJnr

@moraywanderer

@ba_hm10

@TaffyTaylor89

New players start at the bottom of the table with the same score as the person currently occupying that spot (-?8.89)

Rule how to play are contained in this thread.

And @YorkshireCaleyT

<br />Thanks.??i'll play this weekend!??Can't wait!!!!??i'll create my twitter account in the morning!!!!??So excited!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I'm keen, just not that keen! Don't leave yourself signed on to CTO when CapitalCaley is lurking around.

• Agree 1