Invincible

davieB

Nah...not us, but Danny.

I see he's not renewing his contract at Killie at the end of this season, but says he wants to stay in the SPL.

He's always impressed me, and as a right sided midfielder he'd be an ideal replacement for Barry. I can't imagine he's on too much at Killie either.

A realistic/wanted transfer target??

Guest Rebelwithoutaclue

I'm not sure. Would invincible offer the directness that barry can give us.

Also if he's on a free will he not be looking for a bumper signing on fee.

He always seems do do quite well against us, maybe he's fishing for a move to a bigger club?

And the signing on thing made me think.. although we dont pay a comarative high wage, do we give players a lump sum for signing on? eg Duncan signed on till 2009 would he get a fat packet this week?

Guest Reefinweed

He always seems do do quite well against us, maybe he's fishing for a move to a bigger club?

And the signing on thing made me think.. although we dont pay a comarative high wage, do we give players a lump sum for signing on? eg Duncan signed on till 2009 would he get a fat packet this week?

His signing on fee would probably be a discounted Tulloch House :D

Golly got a Testimonial thrown in when he signed his last deal which Sees him contracted to us until Summer 2008 (if memory serves). A useful bargaining chip for some of our longer serving/older players but not sure I would want to see it being offered to younger players or players who have only been at the club for a short time.

What does encourage me though is that we now seem to be constantly on top of the contract issue. Too often in the past we have been unwilling/unable to secure valuable players on 2 or 3 year deals and found ourselves in the position where we end up getting nothing or very little for them. From memory I can't think of any of the first team regulars who are not currently on contracts till at least Summer 2007.

Also, has anyone been following Juanjo's progress whilst he's been on loan? I don't think he got off to the best of starts. He was on about wanting to stay in Inverness, and if he has re-captured any of his pre-injury form then I wouldn't be at all disappointed to see him offered a new deal.