Dundee Utd want Dougie Imrie

Yngwie

Match winner on his day. Just a shame that it was rarely a Saturday :whistle:

A tad harsh perhaps :lol: .... I think a "journeyman pro" is maybe more apt a description. A decent player most of the time, and one who has flashes of inspiration on occasion which can turn or win games. Can play in several positions but is perhaps master of none of them. Also not to be forgotten that he has worked hard over the years to come from non-league to Premier League.

I think he will be a decent and versatile squad member for them, and if I am honest, would not have had a problem had we tried to re-sign him.

How much did we let him go for in the end?

Yeah I'm pretty sure Accies paid about £25,000 (the same as Dundee United) for him. I'm sure Brewster signed him for about double that mind.

Like others were saying, if you look at his actual attributes as a footballer, he's got qualities that make him very good - just a shame he doesn't seem to realise that there are other people in the team as well........

How much did we let him go for in the end?

Yeah I'm pretty sure Accies paid about £25,000 (the same as Dundee United) for him. I'm sure Brewster signed him for about double that mind.

Like others were saying, if you look at his actual attributes as a footballer, he's got qualities that make him very good - just a shame he doesn't seem to realise that there are other people in the team as well........

Was it not Christie that signed him? Maybe wrong. :ponder:

I'm pretty sure it was Brewster. He was signed on the last day of the January transfer window in Brewster's first season back after he'd replaced Christie after three games.

What was the deal with him leaving by the way? Seem to recollect Butcher singing praises and saying he should be in the Scotland team at one point. Did they not fall out or something in the end?

Brewster signed him after trying to sell Rankin before changing his mind and trying to keep him despite the fact Rankin was already on his way to Hibs.

Imrie had undoubted potential but he always seemed to be out for his own gain rather than the teams and in his later time at the club was proving to be a disruptive influence on the team imho. Hasnt been missed.

• Agree 1

never liked his me me me attitude, although he could do wonders but never frequently enough. Was glad he went, and has stewed in the first division for a while. Was it not once he jumped ship we properly hit form

Edited by bauhaus
  • Agree 1

Match winner on his day. Just a shame that it was rarely a Saturday :whistle:

A tad harsh perhaps :lol: .... I think a "journeyman pro" is maybe more apt a description. A decent player most of the time, and one who has flashes of inspiration on occasion which can turn or win games.

Matchwinner on his day indeed! Remember his goal in 39 sec on his first return North in red and white hoops?

Here's an interesting thought. Dougie possibly moving for £25,000? Fast backwards to 1995 when a pound was worth a lot more but Iain Stewart went from Lossiemouth to Caley Thistle for £30,000, albeit determined by a tribunal.

Sounds like Houston is taking a leaf out of Alex Smith's coaching manual and assembling a team of 'wee men'. Lets see how that works out.

When I left the stadium yesterday, Dougie was standing outside chatting with Hayes...

Hope thats not another "wee man" going there...

Houston certainly seemed to be saying on the radio on Saturday that £25,000 was his transfer kitty and if Hamilton don't accept then he'll go and spend it on a different player instead. Although you'd think that if Accies want say £30,000 he'd be able to find a wee bit more in the Tannadice biscuit tin, especially after the Goodwillie windfall.