"Charlie Isn't The Man For The Job"

RiG

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I heard it ....... and I completely agree with the caller.

As I have said on here previously, the only place Christie will take us is back down to the First Division.

I only wish the board had the courage to act now before it becomes too late.

Once more our organisation was shambolic, the team selection was poor - and to bring on Macallister when a fully fit Wyness was on the bench was little short of ludicrous.

The general fitness of Wilson and Tokely in particular was a major concern and raises questions about whether Charlie has led a return to training sessions at the Heathmount and Corrie.

Yes, I heard it ....... and I completely agree with the caller.

As I have said on here previously, the only place Christie will take us is back down to the First Division.

I only wish the board had the courage to act now before it becomes too late.

Once more our organisation was shambolic, the team selection was poor - and to bring on Macallister when a fully fit Wyness was on the bench was little short of ludicrous.

The general fitness of Wilson and Tokely in particular was a major concern and raises questions about whether Charlie has led a return to training sessions at the Heathmount and Corrie.

Agree about the Dargo for MacAllister sub - seemed odd.

Tokley seems out of sorts at the minute but as for Wilson! For me he has been one of our best performers of late. He is getting on so doesn't have the stamina for the full 90 but from the games against Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen he was our most creative player.

I completely agree that Barry Wilson is one of our most committed and determined players.

However, as each week passes his fitness seems to get a little poorer.

At his age he can't afford to let this happen - and he needs the leadership of a strong manager.

BONZO...... Where've you been....? How come we only seem to here from you when ICT have just been beaten..?

So.... "the board should act now before it's too late"  After a couple of poor performances and one bad result....

I've posted before... "When we have been languishing at the bottom of the table for a couple of weeks or more, then consider making a change...

Just because YOU were never in favour of CC's appointment from Day 1... do you really need to come on here each time they loose, and call for the guy's head..?  :020:

The problem is that we can't score goals - 372 minute and four games without a goal after today.  Denzil hasn't scored in 20 appearences in the SPL and missed several chances when given a shot last week.  Perhaps it's time to give Rory a start?  I'd also think about reshaping the midfield, maybe giving Sutherland or Hart a chance.

Harry and Johnboy ................. I don't post on here often, mainly because I feel I am just beating my head off a wall with guys like you who cannot see what is happening.

This is not a case of posting after one loss!

We have been poor ALL SEASON.

This season we have been playing the worst football I can remember.

Incredible good fortune got us into an ummerited high league position early on -

but we will continue to slide downwards and our only hope is that some other team will prove to be even worse than us.

We have failed to score in four successive games.

The fitness levels and discipline of our players is falling.

We are a team totally without direction - we play with NO tactics, and our solid back four is all that has kept us from isolation in 12th place.

Please open your eyes.

At the end of the day you cannot blame the manager if the players dont play. We are playing more or less the same team every week and more often than not they perform very well. Today was a bad one but no fault of CC.

Bonzo, your comments are totally out of order.

My comments are perfectly in order Alex.

We do play the same team most weeks.

I have no evidence of these players having played "very well" in any game in the current season.

We are tactically inept and players take the field with no give roles on instructions.

I am 100% behind the players.

It is a manager we need.

But you can blame the manager if he hasn't got the ability to change things around when not going well.  He should have done that at half-time.  He was also wrong to take Dargo off - it should have been one of the midfielders or Hastings at that stage. What happened to the 3-4-3 experiment that worked so well in the last 20 against Falkirk?

I would like to see the following line up for Tannadice next week: -

Brown

McCaffrey - Munro - Hastings

Hart - Black - McBain or Duncan - Morgan

Dargo - Wyness - Sutherland

Bonzo, we're playing with a team of 1st div players who are doing very well in this league. We are on the same points total as this time last season and sitting seventh in the league. You were very vocal in your contempt for CC from the day he was appointed and so I think your seeing through clouded eyes.

You say your 100% behind the players. Can you expand on that? After all its the players who are playing crap. They are all proffessionals and know what their job is. If I didnt do my job the way my bosses think I should I wouldnt have one.

I don't post on here often

Aye, you totally crawled back into your corner during our long unbeaten run. Bet you hated seeing Charlie getting his first Manager of the Month award, a mere 4 weeks ago. Presumably you were too embarrased to show your face round here.

Some of our performances have been really poor, and most of us have concerns about certain players, tactics or managerial decisions. It's the same every season, with every manager.

But the critics on this forum who earn the most respect are the ones who can either justify their views, or take the flack, when the team are doing well.

Just a wee innocent query Bonzo- have you been watching away games, or just home?

However after the end of the 8 game unbeaten run I remember thinking we had been riding our luck a while and hadn't been playing that well.

Today I have to agree with Charlie that hardly anybody performed at all, whatever you thought of the tactics, he's not to blame for giving the ball away as often as we did.

But I was a bit disappointed to see Dargo/Bayne starting after Wyness got a shot last week. I'm like a lot of others, I think we get nowt out of Dargo with Bayne as partner. I felt sorry for the wee man being subbed when Dargo/Rory or Dargo/Wyness might have worked. I take it Hart for Duncan was a gamble to take the 3 points, as we all expected Barry to go off, even if Russell's passing was gash. And I was never a big Rankin fan but I thought we missed him-  whatever creativity we've had recently was often down to him. I wanted Roy dropped since about a month ago to accommodate Rankin, but to be fair Roy was OK today.

We really need another Barry Wilson, pronto.

I'm still in the camp that says we have the fewest resources, mostly first division players, etc etc, and the guys have been punching above their weight. We're as good as Motherwell but they got a break this week. These guys will be hurting and desperate to get on with it next week at Tannadeechay. So am I.

Yep, really pizzed off with the performance today, there was absoulutely nothing creative coming from midfield, Well were first to every ball and looked like they wanted to play a bit.

When will CC see that Bayne and Dargo do NOT play well together?

Dargs and Denzil are to me the way back, the subs were strange to say the least, as said above i cannot see why he took Rory on for Dargo - feckin suicide if you ask me.

:007: :008: :007: :008: :007: :008:

Doom & gloom merchants take a step back, ok things look bad after today but where do we expect to be, there seems to be plenty good about this club both on & off the field, October was a great month, November not so good, today well enough said, but i keep saying about footy unless you follow the old chestnuts ie, the celtics Rangers, Man u's, Chelsea's you aint gonna get full on success, what you gotta do is try and be realistic and enjoy the good times when they happen, there a long time comming and we have had our fair share over recent times. Pick your club love it, enjoy everything that goes with it and for christ sake don't be fickle.........After saying all this im as bad as the next man/women for wanting wall to wall success thats what supporting your team is all about.

Macca

Guest Sandy Cromarty

Now is not the time or place to point fingers, we have a major problem on our hands after todays game, if blame is to be appointed then it lies with all the playing and management staff, we hope that all will be resolved by the next game.

Midfield was posted missing today. Hard to criticise Dargo & Bayne cos they had next to no chances!! I hoped that the substitutions might have given us more creativity but they just didn't make any difference at all. Gutted to lose the game.....Motherwell were poor.

I don't agree with the calls for Dargo/Wyness partnership up front. Tried it last week and didn't really work and infact we looked more dangerous against Hearts when Bayne came on. It's obvious Wyness lacks confidence at the minute.

But to say CC isn't the man for the job...????????  :006:

I don't post on here often

Aye, you totally crawled back into your corner during our long unbeaten run. Bet you hated seeing Charlie getting his first Manager of the Month award, a mere 4 weeks ago. Presumably you were too embarrased to show your face round here.

Some of our performances have been really poor, and most of us have concerns about certain players, tactics or managerial decisions. It's the same every season, with every manager.

But the critics on this forum who earn the most respect are the ones who can either justify their views, or take the flack, when the team are doing well.

No embarrasment at all .......... to be perfectly honest, the reason I rarely post on here is that I think the forum is quite poor. Pretty much the same predictable drivel over and over again, with anyone who dares to stand out from the crowd shot down in flames immediately.

Anyway, I was AMAZED when Christie got the Manager of the Month award.

I felt it was based almost entirely on a fortunate result against a very poor Rangers side.

As for taking the flack when the team do well?

I would be HAPPY to take the flack.

If and when the team does well.

Certainly, this season, there has been no evidence of Christie's team doing well at any stage.

I find it very strange how so many people on here seem to think that a team's performance has nothing to do with the manager.

if that is the case, why do we bother employing them?

If that is the case, how have the same group of players who were a disorganised and poorly motivated disaster under Brewster become a cohesive and well directed unit under Craig Levein.

A good manager picks the team, decides on the tactics and makes sure all players are fully aware of what is expected of them during a match, he oversees their general fitness and preparation, and he is a motivator.

If that is the case, how have the same group of players who were a disorganised and poorly motivated disaster under Brewster become a cohesive and well directed unit under Craig Levein.

They played well in their first two games under Levein. Fighting for their jobs perhaps. We'll see whats true there at the end of the season.