Cox to Swindon

Tree

The stuff on Wednesday was hilarious...especially as I knew.

Think they might all have got extra training though as Butcher didn't seem best pleased due to the fact that he was being harassed all day by the press who also fell into the trap of thinking he was down for transfer talks :lol:

Given the fact that Hayes is the one tweeting, and his hooking a few on Wednesday, it wouldn't surprise me if Cox had only nipped out for a pint of milk or something.

Hmm Jonny Hayes says -

Just said goodbye 2 one of the best teammate/roomie/friends I could ask for! All the best lee lee il see ya soon its been emosh! Good luck x

As good as gone then by the sounds of things.

From the Swindon Advertiser. The bold bit is interesting.

SWINDON Town appear to be closing in on midfielder Lee Cox after Inverness Caledonian Thistle boss Terry Butcher confirmed the Robins' interest.

Town are understood to have had a bid rejected for the former Leicester trainee last week but recently returned with a new bid that has been described by Butcher as 'nearer six figures'.

And with Inverness recently signing Wolves midfielder Sam Winnall for the rest of the season, that could pave the way for Cox to move to the County Ground.

"I have been speaking to Lee’s agent, about another year’s contract but we wouldn’t be able to come anywhere near to matching Swindon’s wages," said Butcher.

"They are also looking at offering Lee a much longer contract. They are in the top six now and have big ambitions to go up this year.

“We could lose Lee but if that happens, it is great for him and it also sends out a signal to people who might want to come here.

“It will show players they can better themselves at Caley Thistle and progress their careers.

“Lee is approaching the end of his contract and if he walks away this summer, we get nothing.”

I'm curious as to how he got onto Swindon's radar in the first place.

He's a good solid player all right, but has never really been our stand out player, and has never really attracted any media attention. Add to that that he's missed most of this season to injury.

Good agent?

Yngwie, Swindon under Di Canio are a team now going places. These teams when they have some money in place will be trawling the market, to coin a phrase. Lee has been an outstanding player for us in my opinion, and has more than likely been earmarked by a good few scouts, who when asked by a club they would like a combative, young, creative and defensive midfielder they would have a list of players to suggest. Swindon then do their background and hey presto.

How do you think we got him in the first place, clubs will continually be updating lists of players. Look at how the English clubs are taking the young prospects from all over Europe just now, long before these players even play first team football.

Good luck to Lee, just proves that our scouting work is successful, especially if we are going to get near six figures for a player out of contract in 5 months