There goes another Lib Dem .....

PaderbornCaley

So Chris Huhne has resigned after being charged. He claims that his ex wife is lying about the speeding offenses. Now she is being charged as well... irony!

IMO the cabinet have lost 2 of the best Lib Dem MP's since the coalition was formed. Chris Huhne and David Laws. Probably the only 2 that were competent enough to challenge President Clegg in a potential leadership challenge.

Laws was replaced by the ginger rodent and Huhne is being replaced by an unknown Lib Dem MP.

It will take 1 more Lib Dem Cabinet member to fall before a general election. My money is on Vince Cable.

I'd even put a wager that before the end of 2012 we will have a snap general election, President Clegg will lose his seat, the SNP will take Sneck from the ginger rodent and if the boundaries aren't re-drawn, Charles Kennedy will win his seat again and lead a group of about 7 (at the most) Lib Dem MP's in Westminster.

The media are far too quick to condemn and MPs get hounded into resigning over what are basically relatively trivial matters. In general, if people are good at their jobs then it is surely in the public interest to allow them to continue to do that job and for the public to acknowledge that the MP or whoever has been punished sufficiently by accepting whatever sanctions the courts impose. If I was being accused of doing what Huhne had done nobody would suggest I should resign my job. Why should a politician be any different from the rest of us? As an elected representative why not just leave it to the local electorate to give their opinion at the next election?

We are in danger of restricting membership of the House of Commons only to really boring people who have never done a thing wrong in their lives - people like me. :crazy:

For pity's sake, let's judge politicians on the policies and actions in government and not on silly mistakes in their personal lives.