A welcome for Rangers next week

old caley girl

Was chatting to some peeps yesterday about next Sunday and how we could have some fun regarding Rangers current predicament. Suggestions included tannoy song such as Money's too tight to mention and ice cream chimes. I'm sure the good folks of cto have lots more so post here.

Next week could be very tense. There is a lot of criticism on the web concerning the apparent sectarian singing yesterday. It will be interesting next Sunday if the away support do breach UEFA regulations and Scottish Law to see what happens. For instance, could the referee stop and potentially abandon a game if there is a breach?

Chick Young may find our singing silence does not in fact help the away team.

This must be a difficult week for Terry and the lads in terms of preparation. Ideally they block out what happens and focus on winning after our disappointing result last time around. Kilmarnock showed concentration is all. We need a result and as Terry has indicated before, football takes place on grass, not on a calculator or in the media. This is a big game for us and we need our supporters to show real support for the club and city.

• Agree 1

Let's not get too smug about the mess Rangers are currently in, we were not too far away from going into Administration ourselves, 12 years ago.

Dont think we were ever in thiis sort of mess and if it was the other way round so you think we would be getting the same sympathy? Anyway its not smugness just a bit of fun.

• Agree 1

not sure im entirley behind that idea to be honest..... anything that could be used to fire up there players is a bad idea in my books and to be honest if i was ally mccoist i would have them sitting in the dressing room and tell them to listen... someone out there is taking the mick out of you you need tto go out there and stand up and be counted...show them that this team is not dead etc etc etc.

it has happened time and time again that players open there mouths about an opposing team and it backfires massively

I think a few chants is a must as it would be shameful if we never let them know how much we find their predicament funny but I think we should not go overboard as we don't want to enflame an already tense situation

This will be the first away trip for the Orcs since entering administration and no doubt they will be tanked up on their buckfast

In a way I'm glad it's an early kick off on the Sunday as it could have been a lot worse had it been 3pm on the Saturday

Dougal

I think a few chants is a must as it would be shameful if we never let them know how much we find their predicament funny but I think we should not go overboard as we don't want to enflame an already tense situation

This will be the first away trip for the Orcs since entering administration and no doubt they will be tanked up on their buckfast

In a way I'm glad it's an early kick off on the Sunday as it could have been a lot worse had it been 3pm on the Saturday

Dougal

I will also be surprised if we don't have many broken seats in the away end. Expect more of this next week.

http://www.heraldsco...orance.16793838

Edited by CapitalCaley
  • Agree 1

Dougal

I will also be surprised if we don't have many broken seats in the away end. Expect more of this next week.

http://www.heraldsco...orance.16793838

is this not a fineable offence? where would that stand on the administrators scheme of things?

out of interest is it 2013/14 season where uefas financial fairplay rule thing kicks in? or 2012/13 ?

our very own TB will be very respectful to the gers plight -not only for obvious reasons but also suffering administration

with motherwell way back last decade.

I would say any noise from our end should be to encourage our own players to get the upper hand

as it wont be much fun taking the mik out of the gers if at the end to have lost the game

This, IMO, is part of the problem and one of the reasons for the lack of atmosphere at football matches these days. Everyone is far to "PC". Of course there needs to be boundaries in terms of what is acceptable in terms of songs/chants etc, but does it have to be the expense of having any kind of craic or banter at the expense of the opposition?

Rangers screwed up and are in an almighty mess. Nothing any ICT fan sings/chants about that on Sunday is going to make it any worse so...no harm, no foul.

• Agree 5

Agree with CaleyD. We can copy the Celtic "we're having a party when Rangers die" chant, but that wouldn't bother me if I were a Rangers fan for the simple reason that Rangers are not going to die. As has been said on other threads, Rangers have a high ongoing income and the adminstrators need that to continue to allow Rangers to pay their Tax debt. They will need to sell players or let the contracts of highly paid players lapse and so are likely to have a difficult 3 or 4 years. But once the mess has been sorted out they will be a much more attractive prospect for investors and they will come back leaner and fitter. By all means let's have a bit of fun at Rangers' discomfort and enjoy it whilst we can because at the end of the day they will have the last laugh..

• Agree 1

If it's a little bit of loving they need then I suggest we play "I will survive...." ....as I am sure they will.... :wink:

There's more to this little farce than is being revealed at present but I am sure with time things may well leak out...unless of course this new deal goes through in the next week or so....

I reckon we should re-generate an atmosphere that Celtic created, when they were up for the Cup game a couple of weekends ago. I don't like copying other teams but an atmosphere like that would certainly give our players a boost. The singing last Saturday was brilliant in our section but since Rangers are coming up we should make it 10 times better and hopefully we get a good turn out at TCS on Sunday.

Next week could be very tense. There is a lot of criticism on the web concerning the apparent sectarian singing yesterday. It will be interesting next Sunday if the away support do breach UEFA regulations and Scottish Law to see what happens. For instance, could the referee stop and potentially abandon a game if there is a breach?

This will be the last away game for Rangers before the new Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Act 2012 comes into force so I'd expect the full repertoire from them, especially after last weeks performance. What can the authorities do to the club anyway? No point in fining them, points deduction hardly matters now - even if they do finish 2nd they probably won't get a UEFA licence as they won't beat the date to come out of administration. Northern Constabularly will have their hands full next week methinks, early Sunday kick off or not!