ICT -V- Rangers - Ticket Offer

Scotty

Rumoured that Rangers are travelling up today and staying over at the kingsmills cash on arrivall. If this is true is it right that they still owe clubs money (including our own?) but can afford to stay over?

Maybe the players are paying their own bills. They can afford it on the wages they get.

THIS IS FURTER DILUTION IN THE SAVINGS MADE BY THE SEASON TICKET HOLDERS NOT FOR THE FIRST TIME,

NO JUSTICE FOR THE REAL FANS - WHERS MY DISCOUNT NOW

No it isn't. ST holders make a saving of around £5 a game over pay at gate. This offer, if I was to take it up, would give me a discount for uncovered section of main stand only if I could find a couple of kids to accompany me. The other part of the offer, if I was lucky enough to be one of the hundred, would be cheaper for me but the full price would still be paid to the club. And if I was a 'real fan', as you so put it, I wouldn't be complaining about schemes that get ICT fans through the gates.

• Agree 1

well some 'real fans' locked out of the stadium today as no tickets on sale at the ground!

i suspect the ones who took up the offer were probably gers fans anyway and if there were any 'jonny come lateleys' they definately wont be back on todays performance.

vast gaps in the north stand indicate a severe lack of 'real fans'

I could argue every point you have made thus far...but I see little point as you seem determined to just add a new one every time you get an answer to a previous "complaint".

Damned when they do, and damned when they don't...try telling us exactly what you do want to see instead of just coming up with a list of moans.

• Agree 2

well some 'real fans' locked out of the stadium today as no tickets on sale at the ground!

i suspect the ones who took up the offer were probably gers fans anyway and if there were any 'jonny come lateleys' they definately wont be back on todays performance.

WTF is it with people on here lately... "real fans?" surely if they were real fans they would have bothered to find out prior to the game that there would be no tickets on sale at the gate. but no these are the same fans that will moan if they were on sale that the home end is full of old firm fans. i am getting really fed up of people on here whining and moaning about the club.... there is a hint in what we are supposed to do..its called support..that means we back the club up. through thick and thin. maybe the "part time fans" are to blame for everything as the "real" fans aren't getting in to support the team

or maybe its about time that certain people on this forum grew up and got behind the team instead of belittling everything the club does to try to bring people through the gates... i for one think the club work blinking hard to put on offers and entertainment to put cash in the coffers to fund the team but then maybe im wrong. maybe the club should do what i want as i am the most important person.or hang on a minute.. maybe the club is trying to look after the club so that we still have a team to watch. if it was as easy as people on here make out then we would all be chapping at the door of premier league teams saying gimme the managers job im great and whats more ill make you a few hundred million while im at it... get a grip folks and get behind the team

rant over

• Agree 9

Not sure why you'd need a ticket on the day if, as you claim, your an ST holder but your statement is very untrue. It was well publisised that tickets would be on sale till 11 am today. This was an all ticket game, as requested by the police, and all purchasers of tickets must be registered. That can't be done if pay at gate. As for your statement at the lack of 'real fans' get a life and learn about life mun. We were about 1400 short of a full house. The game is being played on a sunday at a ridiculous time. We actually have fans who follow their own religion and will not go at such times. We also have many fans, like myself, who dont live in Inverness but who couldn't get to the game because public transport on a Sunday is totally crap. Your so called 'real fans' of ICT are the 2500 or so who turn out for every game regardless of wind, weather, time or tide and that will never change. All the rest, every other week of the season are the 'jonny come lately's' you refer to. Thats the real world.

• Agree 3

well count me as 1 of the 2500, but why would someone who wanted to go to the game have to make 2 trips to the stadium on a Sunday with little public transport? The 'real fan' i refer to is one who comes to every game he can - work shifts permitting but is not a ST holder!

just reading that Bundesliga fans can stand behind the goals ( oh right thats what the old firm or anyone else at caley park in the south stand are allowed to do) for 9.50 euro

just added another moan in case you never noticed mun

Or a quick phone call would suffice. This game has been on sale for weeks now, so why such a rush to buy tickets on the day. There were a few (not many) turned away without tickets.

The offers did work as I know for a fact that there were people there who would have watched it on the tele, but the offers made it tempting for them and they turned out.

Not sure whether or not ictewd actually is a season ticket holder or not due to the mixed messages, but the offers did help to swell the crowd.

THIS IS FURTER DILUTION IN THE SAVINGS MADE BY THE SEASON TICKET HOLDERS NOT FOR THE FIRST TIME,

Dry your eyes.

It was an excellent idea on the part of the club to get more through the turnstiles.

Build a bridge and get over it. ICTFC needs all the support it can muster.

Its "real fans" like yourself that put me off going to watch Inverness at home. Poor football, poor footballers, poor weather etc can happen from time to time. But whinging "real fans" everytime, was the final straw for me. I can't get up for home games very often, but I stopped all together a couple of years ago because of the hollier than thou attitude of "real fans". It was delt with brilliantly by the club, and I appreciated the efforts they made to sort out the problem, but reading crap like yours, certanly puts me off returning to TCS anytime soon. More than any poor display ever will. Hope you are happy with the dwindling attendances, as you and your kind have to take the blame for some of the decline!!

• Agree 3

'Real fans' don't hide behind usernames and slag off their club and the supporters.

You shouldn't worry about other peoples levels of support.

Edited by CapitalCaley

Will resist temptation to post what I really think... given that under this scenario none of us ex-pats, or even "out of towners" could possibly be "real fans" and therefore our opinions are irrelevant !

Might I suggest that, if ictewd is concerned about a genuine dilution of season ticket holder's rights, he gets in touch with the supporters trust. We'd be happy to discuss this with him, and if you read this ictewd, PM me at your convenience.