From the current crop:

Ryan Esson

Jonny Tuffey

Johnny Hayes

Aaron Doran

Nick Ross (If played correctly)

Shane Sutherland (If played correctly)

Billy MacKay (If played correctly)

Roman Golobart (Needs a decent centre back partner, Williams looks like he fits the bill currently but will we ever see this?)

Andrew Shinnie

Owain Tudur-Jones

Undecided:

Steve Williams - Flashes of good play against Rangers, but far from blame free for that game.

Sam Winnall - Not seen him at all

I suppose those good at deduction can deduce that the rest are simply not good enough (polite version). Massive rebuilding needed this summer, the question is, is Butcher going to fill the empty slots with more dross? I worry that we won't be keeping all the players in the team currently who are worthy of a first team place.

I've no doubt, those who cannot see the wood for the trees will decry this, but I'm genuinely interested to see if my assessments match those of others. This is easily one of the worst ICT squads I have seen for around 10 years. The team of Season 03/04 would chew this current team up, spit them back out before chewing them up again and the current squad still wouldn't know what was happening.

Edited by Jay_7

Chippendale left 2 months ago.

After tonights showing i'd bin most of them.

Dont know what you mean re Ross/Shane? Shane has almost zero ball skills and would struggle to get into County's first team squad!

Ross has lost something, mojo??? cos he looks not-interested most of the time, they both have played in various positions and have not been any better imo.

Edited by caley100
  • Agree 1

Chippendale left 2 months ago.

After tonights showing i'd bin most of them.

Dont know what you mean re Ross/Shane? Shane has almost zero ball skills and would struggle to get into County's first team squad!

Ross has lost something, mojo??? cos he looks not-interested most of the time, they both have played in various positions and have not been any better imo.

Updated my original post to reflect the lack of Chippendale action..... ahem.

What I mean re: correct positions; Shane is not a winger, never has been. The best I've seen him play was as a target man, which is exactly how he should be used. He can hold the ball up well and lay off to someone who knows where the net is (step in, Billy MacKay...) Ross plays best in the hole behind the front men but ahead of the centre midfield pairing and given a license to roam. Certainly from what I've seen of him in the past anyway.

Why assume Billy MacKay knows where the net is? He's scored 14 goals in the whole of his career (83 appearances).

A fair point. I don't believe MacKay has ever played along side a proper targetman who lays the ball off to his feet for MacKay to put in the net. Therefore, he's fed off scraps for pretty much his whole career. Given the correct service, MacKay can do a job for us.

Esson and Hayes are definitely our class acts. I know our back line is leaking badly but individually they can be decent players so I would keep Meekings, Golobart, Gillet and Graeme Shinnie and add a couple of experienced heads to that, possibly Hogg if he can make a full recovery. Midfield I would look for a completely new set up I'm afraid including Ross unless he beefs up. We have no drive in the engine room and need a couple of battlers along with playmakers. Half a dozen Ian Blacks should sort it. Up front is the same. A complete new batch required apart from Andrew Shinnie, Doran and Hayes, the rest need to look elsewhere. Tuffey, waste of time having a quality keeper to warm the bench every week, either or for me.

Difficult times I'm afraid.

Shane shows in patches that he can be a tremendous player. He will make an impact coming on in a couple of games, then get a start, but not then start the following game.

I would like to see him get 5 or 6 starts in a row, even as a two up front, and believe we would find his form and potential. He is powerful and direct, defenders dont like that combination.

TADE has done well enough.

I completely disagree. Yes he gives 110% just like Bayne did. Bayne for me was never SPL quality. Neither is Tade.

I would say Gillet has been one of our most consistent performers

When he first arrived I liked Gillet because he was better than Golabek and Shinnie. Now... I'd say with a lack of serious competition for the left back slot, Gillet has degraded to Shinnies level.

And yes, I'm saying both Gillet and Shinnie are both not SPL quality and neither are worthy of being in this squad.

Edited by Jay_7

I completely disagree. Yes he gives 110% just like Bayne did. Bayne for me was never SPL quality. Neither is Tade.

I would say Gillet has been one of our most consistent performers

When he first arrived I liked Gillet because he was better than Golabek and Shinnie. Now... I'd say with a lack of serious competition for the left back slot, Gillet has degraded to Shinnies level.

And yes, I'm saying both Gillet and Shinnie are both not SPL quality and neither are worthy of being in this squad.

Tade is top scorer and Gillet has been arguably our best player this season...i suspect someones on the wind up.

• Agree 6

Well enough for what ?

Unfortunately he's reverted back to his early season donkey status, i thought for a while i hoped he was going to prove me wrong... but alas....

Ever since we have lost the big Shinnie we have totally lost our way up front, but in reality TB should have had a better replacement for Rooney.

Gillet has been brilliant, probably our most consistant player.

Tade is top scorer and Gillet has been arguably our best player this season...i suspect someones on the wind up.

Are you on whacky baccy or something? I only intentionally wind up folk on P&B and even then, that's when I can be bothered. When I rant about the team, I damn well mean it.

Tade being top scorer means nothing. Absolutely nothing at all. Rooney was our top scorer in our relegation season with 6 (six) goals. Was he good in that season?

Tade being top scorer means nothing. Absolutely nothing at all. Rooney was our top scorer in our relegation season with 6 (six) goals. Was he good in that season?

Well actually, yes, he was! The problem was Brewster and then Butcher didn't play him. He only had about 10 starts and had he been starting instead of Barrowman, we would not have gone down that season.

Edited by DoofersDad

Are you on whacky baccy or something? I only intentionally wind up folk on P&B and even then, that's when I can be bothered. When I rant about the team, I damn well mean it.

Seems like a touched a nerve :tongueincheek: . 8 goals is already more than he managed at Raith all of last season, he may not be playing very well just now but there has been times this season where he has been the best player on the pitch. He may not get it right all the time but neither does anyone else. Tbh i think his slump in form ties in with him being punted onto the left wing, he dosent look comfortable there. The few times Adam Rooney was given a game that season he was decent. Never got many chances.

And your comments about Gillet are absolute bull. He has played all across the back four this season and has probably been the one player to add any credibility to a defence which has struggled all season and has literally saved some games with his performances.

And for the record i know what 6 is, you dont have to spell it out in writing for me :slapme:

• Agree 4

And for the record i know what 6 is, you dont have to spell it out in writing for me :slapme:

You suspected I was on the windup so I then gave an example of me being on the windup. To be honest I thought it'd be fairly easy to spot!

• Agree 1

Tade: unfortunately he's reverted back to his early season donkey status

I think he's always going to be a player that will have good and appalling spells.

TB should have had a better replacement for Rooney.

Who? Look at the players that have scored more goals than Tade - how many could we have afforded? Unrealistic expectations here.

You suspected I was on the windup so I then gave an example of me being on the windup. To be honest I thought it'd be fairly easy to spot!

Good for you.