Dave Grant

Alex MacLeod

I dont know if its been mentioned anywhere else on this forum, and I feel too shocked to troll through to see, but sadly I have just found out that Dave Grant, husband of Laura (L_G) lost his battle against cancer today.

I think, knowing what all this family put into supporting our club, it is right and fitting that mention is made on our main forum.

There are not many guys nicer than Dave nor many families nicer than the Grants and both my wife Aileen and I are deeply shocked and saddened by this news.

We give our deepest heartfelt condolences to Laura, Alan and Lynne in these sad times. Rest in peace Dave.

• Agree 3

Deepest and sincere condolences from myself and from Christe to Laura and family. Was shocked when I heard this yesterday and still really cant find the right words .... Its always the good ones that are taken too soon !

It was a pleasure to know Dave, a gentle giant if you like, and like the rest of you I was stunned and saddened to hear the news yesterday.

Thoughts go out to Laura, Alan and Lynn who will miss a lovely husband, father and friend.

RIP Dave, I'm sure there will be a singalong in heaven with you leading the way.

I'd like to once more offer my condolences and hugs to Laura, Lynn and Alan.

Echoing the words of CD and TM4TJ here perhaps, but he really was a nice guy and 'gentle giant' and will be sadly missed by many many people.

Sleep well Dave

Really devastated to learn about Dave's passing yesterday, i had spoken to him two weeks ago and i felt he was positive about the treatment that was taking place, and that he was looking forward to when he would be able to get back to the football and enjoy normal life again.

The guy was a gent, a mate and we will miss him and the craic in the Innes with him.

Much sympathy for Laura Alan & Lynn.

I'd only met Dave on a few occasions but it was enough for me to realise what a true Highland gent he was. Heart felt condolences to Laura and family. We are all thinking of you at this sad time.

This is so sad. Didnt know Dave well either but enjoyed the chats we had. I have known Laura a long time and as already posted there are no words to make things better for her and the kids at this sad time. All we can do is send our love and offer any support we can give at this time. RIP Dave.

Oh, forgot to add that Dave did post on the forum under the name 'morris' which referred to his 'other love' - an old morris 1000 convertible,

Dave loved the 'old inverness' thread in the memories section when old photo's of the longman appeared.

Thank you all so much, I've just came across this thread as I've not been online. Your support means a lot. It was such a shock for all of us, but we do take comfort from the fact that we left him on Monday night and he was in good form and had no pain. The end was very sudden which we believe is a blessing in the long run.

Just spoken to Laura and the funeral will be at the crematorium at Kilvean Cemetery on Monday at 2:00pm.

For those able to get along and pay their respects, I imagine this will be a very busy occasion with many many people looking to say goodbye to Dave and offer their condolences in person.