whats happening with Johnny Hayes?

incafc

from what i know he hasnt been offered a new contract yet.

does the 'tansey rule' apply if we do not offer him a new contract within a certain time? thats my worry we could be losing out on some compensation.

hes said hes going to wait until summer to weigh up his options. itll be similar to rooney i think. there will be all sorts of speculation surounding him.

Scottish Sun online has Hayes being chased by Aberdeen, Hibs and St Johnstone. http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4282175/Dons-face-Hayes-fight.html

Hayes on twatter this morning says, " Don't believe everything u hear"

:shrug02:

• Agree 1

And Butcher has come out fighting on this one .... http://ictfc.com/news/club-news/474-butcher-blasts-hayes-report-

The Sun article smacks of an agent drumming up interest for his client to see what options are available. Dont know if thats what has happened, but it would not surprise me.

As for Hayes himself, the verbage sounds all too familiar and I think he is gone at the end of the season. I would love him to stay as he is probably our most talented player right now, but not going to hold my breath. If he goes to another team in the SPL i think it would be a mistake and he'd be better off staying here, if he does want to go he should be setting his sights higher like the Championship.

According to this mornings P and J we have made him the best offer that we can to persuade him to stay. Also says Aberdeen have made him an offer.

He`s recently bought a house in Inverness ?

His girlfriend is from the area?

Good  links home to Dublin from Dalcross?

He`s just been offered the best deal possible from TB.

He`s down to earth, laid back. probably lazy type (you do get them) he cant be bothered leaving?

He might realise another season here will be a good idea seeing Adam Rooney not really setting England alight!

I certainly cant see Aberdeen, Hibs or St.J being a good career move.

Bristol tho, hmmmm???

Someone was saying on Pie and Bovril that Bristol City have offered him a deal. That wouldn't surprise me at all.

No suprise cos McInnes loves him. He's tried to sign him twice already for St Johnstone. Championship is a desirable league, money is better, prospects are better. Would be no suprise to me either.

He`s recently bought a house in Inverness ?

His girlfriend is from the area?

Good  links home to Dublin from Dalcross?

He`s just been offered the best deal possible from TB.

He`s down to earth, laid back. probably lazy type (you do get them) he cant be bothered leaving?

He might realise another season here will be a good idea seeing Adam Rooney not really setting England alight!

I certainly cant see Aberdeen, Hibs or St.J being a good career move.

Bristol tho, hmmmm???

OT I know but what links are there from Dalcross to Dublin? I couldn't find any last time I was in Ireland and ended up flying to Belfast and getting the train down.

He would leave this club on a sour note if he was depart for Aberdeen, speaks more towards earning more money than players ambition and if that is the case i would be very dissapointed.

Just because Aberdeen have said they are going to talk to him doesn't mean the player has any intention of listening and/or agreeing to join them.

We need to get a bit more streetwise with these things. Aberdeen know that Hayes will have better offers from elsewhere (if his intention is to leave), but if they can distract an opponent by showing an intention to speak to their players then why not? We should be out there doing the same...looking at out of contract players of other teams in the bottom 6 and telling journos that we're interested in them. Plus, you never know, we might end up getting a surprise hit that we thought was otherwise out of reach.

• Agree 1

I wouldn't be disgruntled. He's not from Inverness and if he fancies a career at another team(s) then that's his choice. Of course, I also don't think it's the best move for him as i'm sure he can get better offers. Hopefully one of the better offers is from Caley Thistle!

Brown said: “I’ve now told Inverness manager Terry Butcher I plan to speak to Hayes. We didn’t have to do that but I believe it’s only good manners.”

Since his contract doesn't expire untill the end of the season, therefore he is currently under contract, doesn't Butcher need to give permission for another club to speak to him? Or is it legal if he is just about out of contract?

I wouldn't be disgruntled. He's not from Inverness and if he fancies a career at another team(s) then that's his choice. Of course, I also don't think it's the best move for him as i'm sure he can get better offers. Hopefully one of the better offers is from Caley Thistle!

Brown said: “I’ve now told Inverness manager Terry Butcher I plan to speak to Hayes. We didn’t have to do that but I believe it’s only good manners.”

Since his contract doesn't expire untill the end of the season, therefore he is currently under contract, doesn't Butcher need to give permission for another club to speak to him? Or is it legal if he is just about out of contract?

After January Hayes was free to speak to anyone he likes about his future.

Under 23 is it not? And do they not need to have been at the club for X number of years (5?) or been through the youth academy? Regardless Hayes wont qualify to get us any fee - but who said he will actually leave!!!!