Duplicate posts

tm4tj

I notice the last few days that there have been an increase in the number of duplicate posts. I have removed about half a dozen that I noticed or where people have removed their own but the post template is still visible for mods to see, prior to deletion from view.

It also happened to me in editorial where the match preview was duplicated. Is there an issue with the site at the moment? I have noticed when posting, it does not always return to topic, which is possibly leading people to re-press the post button causing duplication, often error messages shown etc.

nothing I am aware of that would be causing this on the site itself ..... but I too have encountered the odd issue recently due to a slowdown at our hosting company .... its too short lived and sporadic to actually complain about, but lets keep an eye on it ......

Oh Oh! Apologies in order.

I was accessing the site on an alternate expat wavelength and that was the reason for the extreme slowness of the various aspects of the ICT unofficial site.

This was done solely to allow me to get the commentary from Tulloch Caledonian stadium of the Aberdeen match today.

Having now switched back to normal transmissions, all seem to be just fine and dandy on here.

Still seems to be happening scotty. Quite a few overnight and this morning. Not removed them yet to see if you can find out why this is occurring.

Some on matchday topic.

To further add to this scotty, I have managed to replicate what has been happening. I posted on a topic (will butcher be here next season) but my page never moved, it still showed that I had not posted, no timer, nothing, it just appeared that I had not pressed the post button. I had a wee think about it and instead of re-pressing the post button, I opened another window and my post was already posted on the topic despite my first window still showing that the post never loaded? Does that make sense and does it give you any pointers as to where the problem sits?

This was the post in question

What is for sure, is that playing like this and lack of entertainment we have suffered recently will not make a great advert for next season ticket sales. I have also heard dozens of people questioning their sanity over the season ticket problem.

Shopping or football

Shopping or football

Shopping :bighug:

What was happening a lot for me over the weekend was exactly what Tm4tj describes in that when you type a post and click 'post', nothing happens. It is not until the second time you click post that you get returned to the thread showing that you have made the post you wanted, but twice

As I said above Libero, I have now started opening a new window to check if it has posted before re-pressing the post button. Not ideal but it saves duplication. A minor glitch somewhere I'm sure and Scotty/Don will be checking it out.

was happening for me in Chrome on the weekend but only when I was connected to the UK VPN .... when I reverted back to my normal connection, I had no issues ..... also seems to happen on "quick reply" function only ... if you click on the "more reply options" which loads up the full editor, it doesnt seem to happen .... not to me at least.

Its definitely an issue, and we will investigate .....

Just got another frozen page, but post had uploaded when I went back to ICT forum. Quite a few no shows as well could they be linked.

No shows as in page not found by IE, but on refreshing it usually appears.

Dont think that is linked, but going to upgrade forum, blog, and FrontPage systems to latest version to see if the errors ease up. There should be no downtime when this happens ... or at most a couple of minutes !

quick post is working for me .... but I have had a couple of double posts when i definitely only clicked once.

The top menu should be fine, but the new version of the board kills the menu below the logo ... I added all the menu items into the top menu.

I have disabled cloudflare for now to see if it is the culprit

ok, last time it posted 4 times ! using full reply this time to see if it only posts once.

Going to take a little time and go through the settings to see if anything silly emerges ..... will also disable anything we are not actively using.