tuffey to leave?

Tug

robbed from twitter

Been a pleasure inverness, met some lovely people, some people I'll remember forever,people I'll keep in touch with and others............

hope not but cant say i would blame him?

He's been brilliant over his 2 years here in essons shadow to most but for me he's been key in essons performances over the last 2 years. Having someone of tuffeys quality would have really made esson work and it speaks volumes of the man that he's never said anything about not being played. If he is going I wish him well for the rest of his career which And i think we will see him flourish in the future for northern Ireland and whoever he plays for.

• Agree 1

No surprise at all, from either his perspective or the club's (far more expensive than any previous back up keeper we've had).

We tried to sell him last summer but there were no takers, not helped by Tuffey being particularly poor in a couple of televised matches.

Quality keeper who suffered simply because Esson was already a quality and established keeper here.

He is too good to be an understudy so good luck to him wherever he goes.

• Agree 1

I'm not surprised really - I heard a while back he was off and his recent programme interview hinted at that when he said that he "very frustrated" at not getting a regular game. Shame he's away, he's a good keeper, but he's too good to be sitting on the bench and will get another club no problem.

I wonder if he'll be County bound. That'd be a good move for him actually.

i wouldnt blame him being number 1 at an spl club would be the platform he needs to push on and get a move to a bigger club.

i could see him going down to england.

if makalambay can go to swansea cant tuffey go to oh i dunno manchester city?

but i could see him going to lower championship or a league 1 club. anything lower than league 1 i feel would be below his ability. hes got international caps on his cv so that will help in his favour.

Funny i thought the same thing. Their back up keeper, Malin is pretty hurrendous at the best of times and he'd probably pip Fraser for number 1 spot.

Completely understand that he needs first team action, thats the price you pay when you have two very good keepers on the books

Wouldnt be suprised if he ended up at County although IMO we were very luck to have such a high quality 2nd choice keeper so i would have thought he could move to a bigger club

All the best either way

Malin signed a new contract this week, and apparently their third choice keeper also signed a new deal too, so I'd be very surprised if it's County, unless he's been promised a regular start ahead of Fraser!

Malins *****, I don't have a clue who their 3rd choice is and tuffeys better than Fraser.

But obviously they are happy with malin as back up to Fraser and that says to me that they arnt looking for a new keeper.

I suspect they will be looking to improve/ replace upon their outfield players. And look to have a strong squad ready for next year.

I'd expect st Johnstone to be looking at keepers for next season, perhaps hibs, but not many other spl clubs will be most have established number 1s

Because he's miles better than Fraser, that's why!

And of course, by the renegade way of thinking, that statement is based on a Fraser of four years ago in a relegation season. No chance that the guy could have improved a lot since he left us.

Lets look at Tuffeys record though. This season played 9, defeats 5, draws, 2, wins 2. Shutouts 1, goals against 11.

Rene, I think you are being blinded by Tuffey's reasonable record at Partick

And of course, by the renegade way of thinking, that statement is based on a Fraser of four years ago in a relegation season. No chance that the guy could have improved a lot since he left us.

Lets look at Tuffeys record though. This season played 9, defeats 5, draws, 2, wins 2. Shutouts 1, goals against 11.

No, just taking the words from people who have actually seen him play this season.

Essons records no better he went half the season without a clean sheet is that his fault? Is he worse than Fraser because of that? No and why? Because of his record from our promotion season and last season. Goalkeepers records mean nothing. To judge a keeper you have to actually watch them not their statistics.

• Agree 1