Tokely memorable moments

Yngwie

Time to recall his performances on the pitch*, almost 600 of them. What are your favourite, or most memorable, Tokely moments and achievements?

For me the highlight has got to be the beautiful strike from the edge of the box at Tynecastle when we won there in the cup, was it 2001? Even more notable because he was a Hearts fan playing there for the first time, I believe. Is that goal on You Tube anywhere?

* There are plenty of other threads discussing whether he should have been made a better offer to stay. This topic is all about Tokely ON the pitch and anything else will be removed and a topic ban dished out.

For me the highlight has got to be the beautiful strike from the edge of the box at Tynecastle when we won there in the cup, was it 2001? Even more notable because he was a Hearts fan playing there for the first time, I believe. Is that goal on You Tube anywhere?

About five seconds in.

I was wondering if he the only footballer to have played, scored and been sent off in all 4 divisions, for the same team - but I don't think he got sent off in Division 3, remarkably.

But the playing and scoring in all 4 divisions for the same team is a rare achievement.

I was wondering if he the only footballer to have played, scored and been sent off in all 4 divisions, for the same team - but I don't think he got sent off in Division 3, remarkably.

But the playing and scoring in all 4 divisions for the same team is a rare achievement.

can't think of anyone to do that, although Mcbain, Wilson, sheerin, Bingham, have done it with at least two clubs.

I think Gavin Skelton might have done it with Gretna.

His overhead against Dundee United and his awful strike against Dunfermline are 2 of my favourite goals, as well as the rasper against the Jam Tarts.

Oddly, most of my Tokely memeories are negative ones - red card against Ayr when we could have been going to Hampden for the first time, the red card that got us relegated, and the red card for chasing some ned (McGarry?) 40 yards to whack him (although that one is forgivable).

It's probably because the hundreds/thousands of tackles and balls won in the air are individually easy to forget, but it's the game changing moments that stand out.

His overhead against Dundee United and his awful strike against Dunfermline are 2 of my favourite goals, as well as the rasper against the Jam Tarts.

Yes, his o/h kick v DU and the Tynecastle goal are my two favourites. The o/h kick for me wins by a nose but Ross himself once told me that the Tynecastle goal was his own personal favourite.

Returning to the field with a bandage round his head after a head knock at Tynecastle a couple of years ago and a supporter starting the chant "there's only 2 Terry Butchers"! Sadly such "oneness" with the manager seems somewhat distant now.

• Agree 1

getting sent off against motherwell when we were three nil down and getting tanked....loved the fact he actually did something and the standing ovation he got on the way off

Oddly, most of my Tokely memeories are negative ones - red card against Ayr when we could have been going to Hampden for the first time, the red card that got us relegated, and the red card for chasing some ned (McGarry?) 40 yards to whack him (although that one is forgivable).

It's probably because the hundreds/thousands of tackles and balls won in the air are individually easy to forget, but it's the game changing moments that stand out.

getting sent off against motherwell when we were three nil down and getting tanked....loved the fact he actually did something and the standing ovation he got on the way off

Yeah it was McGarry. Maybe it is just me but that red card had me absolutely livid and smacked of a lack of professionalism.

Still, plenty of good Tokely moments. His cross for Barrowman to score the opening goal in our first ever competitive win over Aberdeen was a smashing bit of play.

His overhead kick against Dundee United was magnificent. Also, when we beat Dunfermline on penalties in the league cup, he chipped in the winning spot kick, tremendous.

The way he ran around kicking DeMarcus Beasley all game against Rnagers a few seasons ago was quite funny but less so when we got hammered.

Scoring against St Mirren in a 4-1 win at Love Street while Hendrie was manager.

Scoring the winner against St Mirren the first season at their new place.

Both late goals after getting dog's abuse from their lovely fans.

• Agree 1

Ross Tokely is superman, there's no doubt about it.. His own superman thread was a particular highlight of his career, and just knowing Ross Tokely was in the team was good enough for me.

• Agree 1