Ian black

lukemackay

Would love to see him back playing for us, just cant see it. Given that championship, league one and some league two clubs can offer higher wages than us then i reckon he will end up in one of those leagues

Blackie left us solely for money. Maybe he's stashed enough away to be able to afford to come back to us for what we can afford to pay.

hearts are his boyhood club, sure he got probably a fair amount of extra income, but it wasnt the sole reason.

Doubt that, otherwise he wouldnt have got his overalls out for his painting career last season.

People still believe this story? Outstanding.

I had a chat with Blackie, as he stuffed himself with Burger and chips in Heathmount after he'd signed pre-contract for Hearts, and asked him why he was leaving us. His reply.......three times as much as the best offer from ICT.

To be fair, I think most folk would move on if someone was offering you three times your salary when you only have about 15 years of "work".