Question Time ( The TV SHow)

SMEE

Can anyone tell me where BBC Question Time was based last night? It was in Inverness, but i have no idea where it was held, and its annoying me.

I havent watched it all yet (I recorded it) but in the bits i saw, the nearest "local" that seemed to ask any questions were of weegie origin. The rest came from further afield. Where was all the highlanders?

There were Highlanders, accents of more locality later. Think the main input was the guy that started the Really Garlicy company in Nairn, even if his accent is southern sounding, think he is from here.

Who do you think showed up best out of all 6 on the panel.

Thought it might have been Eden Court, in one of the cinema rooms

Im going to watch it properly on Sunday. I dont think it was in one of Eden Courts Cinema rooms, as the place last night had balconys, but i could be wrong

I presumed it was one of the small rooms at Eden Court.

Charles Kennedy: I'm a Highlander first, a Scot second and a citizen of the United Kingdom third. :clapping:

I thought Lamont was pretty poor compared to the other panel members If she is the best Scottish Labour have to offer then they will get no where.

• Agree 1

Capital Caley, I very much agree with you on Mrs Lamont. Charles Kennedy spoke well I thought, as did the SNP guy. That newspaper woman was a bit out of touch I thought. As for the audience, the first question was a bit of a suprise subdued response, but typical it was asked by an incomer.

The point about Tesco town not selling union jack bunting, wasnt aware of that but maybe Tesco are wising up. Hate when they have England related stuff on the shelves, and no Scotland things.

• Agree 1

The point about Tesco town not selling union jack bunting, wasnt aware of that but maybe Tesco are wising up. Hate when they have England related stuff on the shelves, and no Scotland things.

The Union flag is as much Scottish as it is English. And Northern Irish. Only the Welsh could really say it wasn't that representative as it has none of the attributes of their home nation flag.

But I'm a Highlander first, Scot second and then I am British. And I do not regard the union flag as Scottish. My point was when they have the English tops etc in Tesco with no Scottish tops. Slap in the face insult that just makes my blood boil.

The Union flag is as much Scottish as it is English. And Northern Irish. Only the Welsh could really say it wasn't that representative as it has none of the attributes of their home nation flag.

Wales has no representation in the Union Flag because Wales, having been annexed by Edward 1st in 1282 was recognised as a part of the Kingdom of England. The flag is made up of the St Andrews cross, St Georges cross and St Patricks cross.

Tesco are an English company, albeit one that bullied their way into every country they operate in by dubious means and hostile takeovers, so I suppose they have the right to sell 'England related' stuff if they so wish.