Dear Mr Cameron,

Renegade

As far as I can remember from recent reports Dundee Utd, St.mirren,Kilmarnock StJohnstone & ICT would say no to a newco, so that would be enough

to keep them out of the spl ?

I fear for the future of the SPL and Scottish football in general BUT Rangers should not be treated any different to any other club and should be appropriately punished for their only too evident misdemeanours over some period of time now. They deserve the absolute disgrace of playing Elgin CIty.

• Agree 4

What exactly are you asking or expecting David Cameron to do here? Would you not be better writing an 'open letter' to someone who actually has a vote on the matter, like the SPL chairmen?

:lol: That particular Cameron would let them in stating that we're all in this together. Apart from his daughter, who was left behind :wink:

• Agree 1

Fully agree with Renegade and sincerely hope that the club take on board the views of the fans and Rangers are most definately not allowed into the SPL as a newco.

I noted Caley D's comments earlier today on another thread in connection with the SPL's own rules and current applications from Dundee and Falkirk. Interesting standpoint to consider if the chairmen bottle it and allow Rangers in as a newco with no sanctions applicable. I'm sure both of these clubs and of course Dunfermline as well would have something to say on the matter.

The Chairmen must vote against Rangers NewCo being admitted into the SPL. Caley D has eloquently laid out the reasons on another thread making the point that both Dundee and Falkirk have submitted valid applications within the time frame required. But for me there is a further important reason - one of precedent. If Rangers NewCo were accepted into the SPL it would be for one reason only - money. It would mean that the SPL chairmen felt that admitting Rangers NewCo would be to the financial advantage of other clubs in the SPL and therefore they would be admitting them for a reason other than merit.

Currently, teams are admitted on merit with the team that wins the SFL gaining promotion. If Rangers NewCo were to be admitted, not on merit but because of the potential financial advantage they bring to the other member clubs, then what happens next year when Cowdenbeath romp to the first division title with Dundee a distant 2nd? Do the SPL chairmen admit Dundee rather than Cowdenbeath on the basis that they will bring more money into the SPL than Cowdenbeath?

Admission must be as a result of merit and not of what is, to all intents and purposes. bribery.

• Agree 9

This is the team that wanted to leave Scottish Football for many years, and did not hide the fact that they wanted to play in England and Europe.They did not care what would happen to the other clubs left behind. I say good riddance.

Edited by finmack
  • Agree 3

What exactly are you asking or expecting David Cameron to do here? Would you not be better writing an 'open letter' to someone who actually has a vote on the matter, like the SPL chairmen?

Think the letter is directed at Kenneth not David. Who is David Cameron anyway?

Edited by Alex MacLeod

Totally agree, even more galling and dis-heartening is the fact we are still owed 40k, which we will never see again. Money like that to a team like us is a huge hit.

They paid all their debts to us I believe.

Did they pay up or did the SPL pay up on their behalf.