Dear Mr Cameron,

Renegade

Going by papers and radio, its more likely to be a halfway house result. Servco admitted to SPL, then to appease fans, a demotion to 1st Div. Coincidentaly, asuming Servco get promoted, the new SKY deal would be due then. Not very satisfactory IMO. The SPL must think fans are stupid if they think we can't see through it. Its all but giving in to Servco. No vote should mean, No compromise, No more chances, No easy way back, No Newco in SPL, Div 1, Div2

• Agree 7

Going by papers and radio, its more likely to be a halfway house result. Servco admitted to SPL, then to appease fans, a demotion to 1st Div. Coincidentaly, asuming Servco get promoted, the new SKY deal would be due then. Not very satisfactory IMO. The SPL must think fans are stupid if they think we can't see through it. Its all but giving in to Servco. No vote should mean, No compromise, No more chances, No easy way back, No Newco in SPL, Div 1, Div2

Correct.

Disagreeing here boys. There's six weeks until the start of the season and there is no way that Pariah FC will be ready by then. I reckon suspended from all competition for a year while league reorganisation and funding rationalisation takes place. Where they go depends upon what further skeletons rattle their way out of the cupboard - and there is the potential for some feckin huuuuuge ones, never mind what Charlie Greens or Strathclyde Polis's next move might be. £124 219 412.37 in debt, of which 94 426 217.22 is due to the nice tax man? There are questions in there that are going to take a lot longer than 6 weeks to answer. Oh aye and the SFA have still got to give a new, approved punishment? Take a year out please chaps, and get your sh*t together.

• Agree 4

If they are allowed into the 1st Division then every team in that league should refuse to play them. The argument is that there would be a lack of competition if they went down to the 3rd division. At least they have playoff places there. In the 1st division what would the other teams have to play for? Avoiding relegation. 3rd Division to start as all new teams to the Scottish Leagues that have come before them have had to do.

Disagreeing here boys. There's six weeks until the start of the season and there is no way that Pariah FC will be ready by then. I reckon suspended from all competition for a year while league reorganisation and funding rationalisation takes place. Where they go depends upon what further skeletons rattle their way out of the cupboard - and there is the potential for some feckin huuuuuge ones, never mind what Charlie Greens or Strathclyde Polis's next move might be. £124 219 412.37 in debt, of which 94 426 217.22 is due to the nice tax man? There are questions in there that are going to take a lot longer than 6 weeks to answer. Oh aye and the SFA have still got to give a new, approved punishment? Take a year out please chaps, and get your sh*t together.

That's a fair shout Davie.

If they are allowed into the 1st Division then every team in that league should refuse to play them. The argument is that there would be a lack of competition if they went down to the 3rd division. At least they have playoff places there. In the 1st division what would the other teams have to play for? Avoiding relegation. 3rd Division to start as all new teams to the Scottish Leagues that have come before them have had to do.

Dude, Joe, I can't see any way they would get into div 1. If the SPL kicks them out, their say in the matter is over. It's the member clubs of the SFL that have the next say. I'm sure it would be against the SFL constitution for a club to start anywhere but the bottom, unless somebody thought of this when the constitution was drawn up.

Disagreeing here boys. There's six weeks until the start of the season and there is no way that Pariah FC will be ready by then. I reckon suspended from all competition for a year while league reorganisation and funding rationalisation takes place. Where they go depends upon what further skeletons rattle their way out of the cupboard - and there is the potential for some feckin huuuuuge ones, never mind what Charlie Greens or Strathclyde Polis's next move might be.

That's a fair shout Davie.

Nope, disagree. We have a new company and an old company. You can't punish the NewCo for any misdemeanors by the OldCo. That's why the starting off position of the NewCo is so important. It is the only opportunity to punish Rangers for what they have done, and the only way to appease supporters of all clubs so that they might not turn their back on attending games for good.

NewCo Rangers must start in Div 3 season 2012/13.

• Agree 1

Guys and Gals, this is a thread that was started with the intention of communicating thoughts and opinions with the Club Chairman. He (the Club) and the other SPL Clubs and the SPL Board only have a say on whether or not a NewCo can be admitted to the SPL. Can we keep discussion to that point on this thread to allow us to keep track of the pertinant issues.

There is a general thread running on "Other Football" for the wider discussion -

Thanks

Don't know about others but I was very disappointed with Kenny Cameron's statement. To me there seemed to be a clear message that whilst the strong feeling of supporters was acknowledged, this was to be first and foremost a business decision on what the Board consider best for the club and Scottish football. It sounds as though the Board has been listening too much to Green who has asked Boards to make a business decision when they vote on July 4th.

Let's be clear. This is not about business. Business is about making money and giving shareholders a return on their investment. Since when have any shareholders in ICT ever expected a return on their investment? Shareholders in ICT have put money into the club to help bring a standard of football to Inverness that they and the rest of the paying public want to see. Our return on investment is entertainment and hopefully success on the park. There will be no entertainment if ICT play Rangers newco because nobody will be there to watch the game.

It may be that the Board is persuaded that an SPL without Rangers will not be in the best financial interests of the club, but so what? If that is the case then it will be the responsibility of the Board to cut expenditure to match any loss in revenue. That is a small price to pay to behave in a principled way by saying "no" to a newco that has absolutely no right to a place in the SPL.

I was also very disappointed to hear that there had been a full and frank exchange of views in discussions between the club and the Supporters' Trust. That suggests that there were clearly differing views. But why were there discussions in the first place? There is nothing to discuss. Rangers newco is a club that has never played a game of football in its existance. It must start at the bottom like we and everybody else did. We expect the club to vote "no" and we expect the club to make an official statement to that effect in the near future.

• Agree 17

ICT will vote no. I am sure of that. Not because they necessarily want to but because it will be the only option.

It looks like there will be enough clubs who have publically said they will be voting no to make the result pre-determined. So for the other clubs they might as well vote no, even if they don't want to, to keep their fans happy as there is nothing to gain by voting yes. That would only annoy their own supporters.

Agree exactly with Doofers Dad

I second that!

Although i don't usually like to agree with the old man, i do on this. Well said!

Interesting to see the report thats been posted on here. Goes to show how much the fans want to see the newco in the 3rd division and quite right too. The chairman of the SPL clubs need to take note of this and react to it. Hearts and Dundee UTD have already said they are voting no and i hope that KC comes forward soon with a similar statement.

If more Chairmen come out now and say 'no' we will see an upsurge of season ticket sales in Scotland. There will then be a focus on Dundee or Dunfermline as Club 12 on 4 July and we can move on and let Sevco stew. If it is true that Green has transferred player registrations without their permission, we are witnessing a very amateur approach to football management.

So ICT, Aberdeen, Hibernian and Celtic speak now and lets clean up Scotland's tarnished image immediately. Let's make the vote on 4 July a formality. We have civil war currently. Do not let the principles and legacy of the Olympic flame die in Scotland. This is a proud country.

Let Dundee and Dunfermline know how the SPL decision making will be on 4 July and place Rangers (Cove) and other DESERVING clubs on standby for Division three. If it is true, we can hardly allow in a recently formed club seeking to buy Bury and which may have transferred player contracts already from another club without player permissions. Let Mr Green or the liquidator sell Ibrox and the other assets and let us move on quickly to repair enormous reputational damage. Hearts and Dundee United have acted in the only decent way possible.

Incase anyone hasn't seen them. Here is the fans survey results-

http://www.splsurvey...FFP-Results.pdf

Seems fairly clear what the fans want - although I had to laugh at the "Rangers" response to "I would continue to attend SPL fixtures as normal". Er, no you won't.

Also, why did we have the lowest number of respondents? Makes us look rather uninterested OR are we simply under-represented? Where and how was this survey collected anyway?

I have the horrible feeling that our Board will be waiting, hoping, for the critical 5 "no" votes to be announced by the other SPL clubs before they finally nail their own colours to the mast. It will be so much easier to vote "no" then when it is already more or less a fait accompli.

Just wanted to make a point about the meeting between the Club Chairman and the Supporters Trust. It was not a meeting where we had the Supporters Trust on one side arguing for a "No" vote and Kenny Cameron on the other arguing for a "Yes" vote. It was one where we took all the information available and discussed how it fitted in to the overall picture and what the potential effects were of that within various scenarios. I can assure you that we are definitely not in an "us and them" situation.

It is also not an argument pitting finances against sporting integrity, it's an argument about being in a situation whereby ICT (and others) can survive and give fans a club to support....get that wrong and nothing else matters.

It's an impossible situation, but we also need to remember it is not a situation of our making. The blueprint for this disaster was put in place when the SPL was formed and so much power and influence was placed in the hands of just two clubs. I think I am right in saying that ICT and C*unty aside, all the other current SPL teams are founder members....take from that what you will, but when it comes to being pissed off and angry about this whole sorry mess then it is not ICT who deserve to carry the burden or the blame, yet here we are and we need to be careful of what we wish for.

• Agree 3

Don't know about others but I was very disappointed with Kenny Cameron's statement. To me there seemed to be a clear message that whilst the strong feeling of supporters was acknowledged, this was to be first and foremost a business decision on what the Board consider best for the club and Scottish football. It sounds as though the Board has been listening too much to Green who has asked Boards to make a business decision when they vote on July 4th.

Let's be clear. This is not about business. Business is about making money and giving shareholders a return on their investment. Since when have any shareholders in ICT ever expected a return on their investment? Shareholders in ICT have put money into the club to help bring a standard of football to Inverness that they and the rest of the paying public want to see. Our return on investment is entertainment and hopefully success on the park. There will be no entertainment if ICT play Rangers newco because nobody will be there to watch the game.

It may be that the Board is persuaded that an SPL without Rangers will not be in the best financial interests of the club, but so what? If that is the case then it will be the responsibility of the Board to cut expenditure to match any loss in revenue. That is a small price to pay to behave in a principled way by saying "no" to a newco that has absolutely no right to a place in the SPL.

I was also very disappointed to hear that there had been a full and frank exchange of views in discussions between the club and the Supporters' Trust. That suggests that there were clearly differing views. But why were there discussions in the first place? There is nothing to discuss. Rangers newco is a club that has never played a game of football in its existance. It must start at the bottom like we and everybody else did. We expect the club to vote "no" and we expect the club to make an official statement to that effect in the near future.

These statements are always open to interpretation and reading between the lines. On this occasion you have come to the wrong conclusions.

As Don has clarified the meeting was not a yes v no meeting, it was a discussion about both scenarios. It was a worthwhile meeting and I for one am very pleased that Kenny took the time to meet with us at such length. Right now he is busy working with Terry to put a team on the park and get us ready for the season ahead. The extra man hours this Rangers situation has caused him is incredible, but he still to the time to speak to us as he felt it was important to do so.

• Agree 2