PLAYER SPONSORSHIP: 2012-13 Season

Scotty

• 2 weeks later...

Re sending more sponsorship if you have already done the initial players sponsorship bit via the link provided.....is it OK just to send whatever, as long as it is a multiple of £10, and marked as player sponsorship direct to the email address provided in the original link....and if sent as a personal punter initiated donation does anyone know if it will attract the £1 on £10 charge the official link does?

I have in the past made donations in US dollars, and had the option of paying the charges myself or taking it from the amount I was sending, but kinda assumed that it was a charge for currency conversion and paid it myself, but have never noticed an option to pay charges when sending money in £ sterling so always rather assumed there weren't any.

Edited by Oddquine

its complicated ......

Basically the fee can range from 0% to 7.4% depending on location of payer, payment method, amount and currency. There is also a transaction fee on top of that and a currency conversion fee as my paypal account is in Canadian dollars even though I maintain a balance in both US and UK currencies and it goes straight to one of those balances. On a £11 player sponsorship membership, our net fee received is a few pennies over the £10 required.

If you were making a straight payment and bypassing the player sponsor form, I believe there would still be fees involved based on location (ie. cross border), payment method, currency etc. I looked back on some transactions made from UK via paypal or echeque / bank transfer and it seems to range from 0.5% to 1.0% for those ... I dont actually see any payments made into my account where there wasnt a fee ... might be because I have an upgraded account that can take (a higher level and quantity of) credit card payments rather than a standard personal account.

its complicated ......

Basically the fee can range from 0% to 7.4% depending on location of payer, payment method, amount and currency. There is also a transaction fee on top of that and a currency conversion fee as my paypal account is in Canadian dollars even though I maintain a balance in both US and UK currencies and it goes straight to one of those balances. On a £11 player sponsorship membership, our net fee received is a few pennies over the £10 required.

If you were making a straight payment and bypassing the player sponsor form, I believe there would still be fees involved based on location (ie. cross border), payment method, currency etc. I looked back on some transactions made from UK via paypal or echeque / bank transfer and it seems to range from 0.5% to 1.0% for those ... I dont actually see any payments made into my account where there wasnt a fee ... might be because I have an upgraded account that can take (a higher level and quantity of) credit card payments rather than a standard personal account.

So basically you are saying do the link....it is less complicated! :lol:

Next question.........when is the cut-off date for donations to player sponsorship?

Edited by Oddquine

I've already committed us to covering Sponsorship for Shane Sutherland and Gavin Morrison. Someone else was looking to take them over if we didn't and I made the call that, as they were both "local" lads, then it would be important to people on here that we maintained our support of them.

The cost for that (including VAT) is £540. Scotty and I are normally happy to cover a small shortfall, but would prefer to get as many people involved as possible to cover the cost....so spread the word and let's see if we can't get a few more people on board.

P.S. I've not forgotten about the draw for last years items, just been uber busy and it's one of the things that keeps getting shunted down the list.

Just a suggestion regarding the players sponsored, if there is interest already in people taking up the option in these 2 players, would it be worthwhile for the site to pick different options? I don't know how much the uptake is, but do they sell all the sponsorship options each year? We could just wait to see what was left and vote on what option to take up, which would maximise the money going into the club. Just a suggestion.

When players leave and we need to find alternatives then we do generally hold back and allow others first bite for the reasons you gave.

We have always tried to stay faithful to the players we sponsor and we've always opted to support "local" lads....it's what's been the preference of those taking part in the joint sponsorship (in it's various forms) over the years. I don't think we've ever deliberately taken the decision to not continue someone we sponsored in a previous season.

If I thought for a moment that someone would not put their money in by sponsoring a different player then I'd maybe think about asking that we step aside, but I don't believe that was the case....it certainly wasn't put to me in that manner.

just for reference - the history of our sponsorship dates from sponsoring Grant Munro before he was a first team regular up until he left ..... reason we chose Grant when he was a raw youngster ..... because he was a raw local youngster

happy to be guided by the group as a whole, but no-one seems to have an issue continuing the sponsored player from last year

list now updated to include all subscriptions received up to today's date as well as 2 payments (plus her own) that Old Caley Girl received in cash

• 1 month later...

Scotty I'll take my usual 3, but link not working from membership page, it throws up this error message

Fatal error: Call to undefined method app_class_nexus::formatPrice() in /home/ctonline/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_12/skin_nexus_payments.php on line 3416

Missed this topic when I was on holiday, Can I still join in?

Yes, no problem.

Scotty I'll take my usual 3, but link not working from membership page, it throws up this error message

Fatal error: Call to undefined method app_class_nexus::formatPrice() in /home/ctonline/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_12/skin_nexus_payments.php on line 3416

Am checking out this issue, but a workaround is to change theme to default and it will work .. change back afterwards if you want the nice red and blue though.

down the very bottom of the page there is a link. sorry, its a little hidden as the text is black on blue ... but click it and you can change to default (not default-mobile). then, after completing the transaction, you click the same thing to go back (if you want).

post-2-0-85480000-1348858389.png

• 4 weeks later...

We have been invited to send two people to a Meet the Players evening on Tuesday 13th November, 6:30pm at the Stadium.

What I've done is fire all current (and paid) participants into a Random Picker to select someone to attend. I only drew a single entry so as to allow them to take a guest/partner with them.

The winner was "The Sponge" - I'll drop you an e.mail, if you can't attend personally then you can nominate someone (entirely of your own choosing) to attend in your place.

seal-en1.gif

The Sponge is unable to attend due to other commitments, and rather than choose someone to attend has asked that we re-draw the winner...which I have done.

Fraz was next out of the hat and I will drop you a message via PM with details.

seal-en1.gif