Emergency Board Meeting?

Renegade

I dont think that was what was being voted on. I think that was put out two days before the meeting as an attempted sweetener. That whole statement talks about puting together a working party to look at league reconstruction.

The two votes on the table were 'to allow Rangers into SFL' and 'which league they should be put in'.

The SFL couldn't alone vote on the linked proposals as these need to be agreed by all registered football clubs in the country. The proposal will effect the junior leagues as well as the 42 senior clubs so cannot be voted on by only the SFL

Of course it was on the table...how could it have been rejected if it wasn't?

Did they reject the proposals or did they ignore them on the day? Did they realise that those proposals were put in front of them to attempt to sway judgement on Rangers? My point is those proposals should not have been handed to SFL alone but sent to all SFA registered clubs to allow them all to digest the content and then look at how best to make the way forward a sensible and productive one.

My understanding is that it was sent to all SFA registered clubs.

My point is that, if that was the case, then it must be discussed and decided upon by all SFA registered clubs and not the SFL as one body. The first sensible thing after the proposals were published would have been to put together a conference of all clubs to discuss and debate. But no!! The idiots who walk the corridors of Hampden, who think they know all, and who believe themselves to be superior to everyone else and unaccountable for their actions make a total balls up in thinking this proposal will sway decision.

Like many others I had to read this a few times as I thought I'd missed something, but please remember that in Chinese writing/symbols part of the word for crisis means opportunity..........

Also, I'm fed up reading all this nonsense have we signed another striker yet?

Whether or not Kenny Cameron or the board have been trying to mislead fans, this was an extraordinarily naive statement to release, and it's already done a load of damage to the club. Why couldn't they have done the sensible thing and just kept their mouths shut?

• Agree 2

If Kenny Cameron is capable of coming out with a poorly timed and constructed press statement which makes the club look an unprincipled joke then no, he is not good for the club. If he has not played the fans for fools by pretending to be onside with them but hoping that others do what he actually fervently wanted to do but could not be seen to do, then he needs to explain himself urgently.

• Agree 2

Neither ICT nor the other SPL chairmen said they wanted Rangers to start again in Division 3. All they could do was deal with the matter in hand that they had influence over, which was to vote on whether to accept them into the SPL, and they voted no.

Of course it would have been vastly prefereable for ICT and most of the other SPL clubs if the SFL had voted for the package of measures that would have helped us to survive as a full time club. Nobody ever said anything to the contrary. Cameron made the mistake of saying in public what most other Chairmen are saying in private. This isn't about Rangers any more, it's about ICT's survival. Shouldn't that be the focus of our discussions?

SPL ARMAGEDDON says The Sun apparently.

Cameron doesn't have the right to say anything about a vote regarding SFL clubs and criticising their decision when the SPL sides already booted Rangers out. I am particularly uneasy at the quote "Scottish football was at a crossroads on Friday in terms of what was on the table for all clubs regarding reorganisation and financial distribution that would have taken the game forward" which to me suggests that reconstruction was only going to be taken forward if Rangers were allowed into SFL1. If they weren't then tough there would be no league shake up or am I reading too much into this?

I've said it already but the fact that, if the rumours are true about a few SPL clubs, then weaning ourselves off this TV deal may be the best thing that has ever happened to clus in Scotland. It's is ridiculous that Sky money is essentially our life support and we can no longer sustain ourselves. With the lack of matches on TV maybe you'll actually get more punters going through the gates. Optimistic maybe but the TV deal, abysmal as it may have been, has crippled our game.

• Agree 2

The way Sky / ESPN cash is talked about so much in a lot of todays papers you would honestly think that the clubs would be happy to keep the TV money pouring in and play games without any fans.

I bought my season ticket yesterday! I decided since the board seems to have listened to us I had better put my money behind the club now all this I am sure I'm not the only one who feels conned. If this crew decide to vote newco either back into the spl or into division 1 I will be looking to cancel.

So we voted the same as your and the other SPL clubs and now we are getting it in the neck?! How bizarre.

I can only take from reading the above posts how concerned your supporters are at this statement from your own club. Makes ye wonder eh?

OK folks, let's keep it clean and less of the personal insults. Until we know exactly where the club stands on this, I suggest we tone it down a little, frustrating as it is. It would appear that others are coming to similar conclusions, but then again you don't have to be brain of Britain to see that the sums won't add up.

OK folks, let's keep it clean and less of the personal insults. Until we know exactly where the club stands on this, I suggest we tone it down a little, frustrating as it is. It would appear that others are coming to similar conclusions, but then again you don't have to be brain of Britain to see that the sums won't add up.

Is this not a press statement from the feckin club ?

I've heard today from a usually reliable source that ICT's disappointment with the SFL decision was all to do with the rejection of the league restructuring proposals (expanded SPL, play offs, fairer distribution of income etc) and most definitely NOT because of what league Rangers were put in. When you actually read the statement with that in mind it makes a lot more sense and seems to stack up. Hopefully we'll get some further clarification after the emergency board meeting.

I'm also quite reassured to see that we had a trialist at Elgin today, which we surely wouldn't have done if we are on the brink of financial meltdown.

• Agree 5

I've heard today from a usually reliable source that ICT's disappointment with the SFL decision was all to do with the rejection of the league restructuring proposals (expanded SPL, play offs, fairer distribution of income etc) and most definitely NOT because of what league Rangers were put in. When you actually read the statement with that in mind it makes a lot more sense and seems to stack up. Hopefully we'll get some further clarification after the emergency board meeting.

I'm also quite reassured to see that we had a trialist at Elgin today, which we surely wouldn't have done if we are on the brink of financial meltdown.

I recieved a response to my email. I am reassured by this response and I appreciated how quickly it came. It is along those lines but I don't think it would be fair to post it on here.

Edited by Proctor
  • Agree 2

IF that was indeed the case - and I've been told by an ICT official too - then why was this proposal laid on the shoulders of the sfl only? Surely the SPL vote would have had this put in their lap too? IMO this whole fiasco re your clubs statement is that the sfl didn't let the bullies and intimidators win. We all know that these so called new structures and possibilities are just to enable newco to shoehorn their way back into the SPL no matter what is on the table.

Repeat - The bottom line is that the statement should NOT have been made - FULL feckin STOP.

But if the recent revelations are "correct" then indeed it could be the media wording that has driven this down a different track. But if the club are so quick to deliver a personalised e-mail why havent they issued a formal statement of retraction and clarification ?