Open Golf

Heilandee

After a great warm up at Castle Stuart, the big Open's warming up nicely after a benign first round at Lytham.Rory and Graham McDowell are my choices, Tigers looking ominous and would love Paul Lawrie to be there on Sunday, doubt he will have the staying power,but hope he proves me wrong!

BTW, can the Beeb no put Peter Aliss oot to grass,his inane rambling and ill informed drivel gets on my wick noo :irritated:

Edited by Heilandee

GMac for me also - if not then Scotty. Here's to another great day of golf.

Agree with that. I'm just going out to cut the grass so that I won't then feel guilty sitting in front of the box all day when it comes on at 11am.

My son and I were there on Thursday. We drove up to Preston on Wed night, got to the course 6am Thurs, stayed 12 hours and drove back down (4 plus hours) on Thurs night. A great day! Saw Lawrie at his best. Sadly he blew it late in his round yesterday.

I think Woods is playing too cautiously to win it, unless he changes his tactics today. I don't want him to win, but to be fair to him he has tried to change his demeanour on the course. No spitting, no club throwing, even the odd smile here and there.

So come on GMac, make it another major for NI.

Unbelievable, when Scott sank his putt at 14 that was it , done, finished, over, a stroll in the park surely!.....said earlier if Ernie had made his putts on the front 9 he might have had a chance!! Fookin love golf, 2 great tournaments last week and this but can ya imagine going for a few beers with Mark Warren and Adam Scott tonight!

Feel sorry for Scott. He's a very talented player and a nice guy by all accounts. Those last four holes will haunt him but hopefully he can redeem himself and win a major at some time. Great drama though. It is good for the watching public when the result is dependent on the last group and someone knows just what they have to do but yet has far too much time to think about it.

What spoils it for me is the morons who think it is somehow clever to shout "get in the hole" every time someone tees off on a par three or Tiger has a long putt etc, etc. These people should have their request granted by someone sticking a sand wedge up their backsides prior to being suspensed from the main scoreboard.