The Highland Derby Ticket Fiasco

dougal

Maybe someone in the know on here can confirm this or tell me a mate was trying to wind me up which I believe the latter I may add

Friday 4th October will be the biggest and most important Highland Derby to date, and if what I'm hearing is correct the peg seller fans will be housed in three of stands in our ground!!!

My mate has told me they have already sold out the away stand even at this early stage as all their season ticket holders 2500 have snapped up their allocation

Fair enough but he also claims they will also be allocated the uncovered wing of the main stand plus the stupid singing stand or whatever it was called

Surely there would be enough interest from ICT fans to prevent this from happening or is this reality and the need to sell tickets regardless to who sits in them a priority

Thoughts?

Dougal

• Agree 1

Maybe someone in the know on here can confirm this or tell me a mate was trying to wind me up which I believe the latter I may add

Friday 4th October will be the biggest and most important Highland Derby to date, and if what I'm hearing is correct the peg seller fans will be housed in three of stands in our ground!!!

My mate has told me they have already sold out the away stand even at this early stage as all their season ticket holders 2500 have snapped up their allocation

Fair enough but he also claims they will also be allocated the uncovered wing of the main stand plus the stupid singing stand or whatever it was called

Surely there would be enough interest from ICT fans to prevent this from happening or is this reality and the need to sell tickets regardless to who sits in them a priority

Thoughts?

Dougal

I think a lot of our fans will buy tickets nearer the time. If County have sold their allocation, I'd assume that our club will hold off before giving them extra tickets. We wouldn't want them getting extra then a late surge from our fans trying to get tickets but none left!

Maybe Friday 4th October is the biggest and most important Highland derby to you Dougal, and perhaps you are genuinely concerned about the ticket allocation on that day.

But when the real Highland Derby comes along on Friday 5th October, I am sure all will be well! :lol:

What you seem to be fussing about is your understanding that Ross County may be allocated the 2500ish seats in the South Stand, around 300 in the south wing of the Main Stand and about 200 in the uncovered West Stand. If this is so, that would be a total of about 3000 seats for Ross County fans, leaving something like 4500 for ICT.

Now of course we can expect an enhanced interest from ICT fans and indeed from both sides for this unprecedented occasion. But you also have to take into account the fact that, for the two home games so far, ICT fans haven't actually been flocking to the TCS so it might be unwise to allocate too many tickets to home supporters, especially when there may be a more reliable alternative market.

Because whether you (or your persona) like it or not, Ross County have got 2800 season ticket holders alone so it might be worth suggesting that the ICT board are actually being quite prudent and responsible by trying to maximise income (and cash flow since these are all one off sales) by allocating tickets in such a way as to ensure that the ground is as full as possible.

Now if it irritates you that one way of doing this is to give a generous allocation to Ross County, then that's just too bad but this is the way the world has been working in recent months. However I do of course also realise that you may simply be fishing for a reaction here.

But the reality is that there can be no complaint from ICT fans if this is the way that tickets are going to be allocated. Because firstly, on recent form, they may well not have bought up a more generous allocation. So as long as season ticket holders are accommodated (which they will be) Caley Thistle should feel under no obligation to hold back theoretical seats for glory hunters, or those who have stayed away for other reasons, (which DON'T include disaffection with the merger nearly 20 years ago :lol:) who have been conspicuous by their absence even against Celtic but who may decide to grace the club with their presence on this very special occasion - and then disappear again.

I have to say that I was not aware that tickets were available yet for the "ICT end" although there is a general awareness that they are on sale to County fans in Dingwall because Ross County issued a widely used press release to tell us this a couple of weeks ago.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

Thanks Don

Dougal - I believe sales in Dingwall are going well, but I can assure you that they have not sold all of their allocation and at this point in time, no additional areas have been allocated to 'away' support. If, however, they do require more tickets, I'm sure we will do all we can to accommodate them.

Wouldn't it be nice if the home fans filled these additional areas, so that we had no more to give to 'away' fans, and I don't just mean County here

• Agree 1

I thought Dougal was going to the County games anyway. So I guess you'll be happy wherever you sit eh? ;)

I'll be sitting in the main stand now I know that home tickets are on sale and for your info I've only been to one County game this season and that was their opening game at home to Motherwell

I do find this breakdown of communication or lack of it quite concerning though regarding the sale of derby tickets

A bit of an early own goal for the newly merged caleyjagsforever but I can only hope they learn from this and make sure the fans are kept up to speed in future

My fear now due to county being so far ahead in ticket sales is that we will have a situation like we had when the orcs were in town ie a large number of away fans purchasing tickets in the home areas which could easily result in flash points

Let's just hope for once the dormant ICT fans make the effort again and snap up our tickets

Dougal

Without meaning to go off topic tt really gets my goat when fans on here feel the need to chastise the ICT support. Especially so when the person doing it is someone who turned his back on his team when they were playing in the season opener to go and watch their rivals play on the same day!

I thought Dougal was going to the County games anyway. So I guess you'll be happy wherever you sit eh? ;)

I'll be sitting in the main stand now I know that home tickets are on sale and for your info I've only been to one County game this season and that was their opening game at home to Motherwell

I do find this breakdown of communication or lack of it quite concerning though regarding the sale of derby tickets

A bit of an early own goal for the newly merged caleyjagsforever but I can only hope they learn from this and make sure the fans are kept up to speed in future

My fear now due to county being so far ahead in ticket sales is that we will have a situation like we had when the orcs were in town ie a large number of away fans purchasing tickets in the home areas which could easily result in flash points

Let's just hope for once the dormant ICT fans make the effort again and snap up our tickets

Dougal

Why is this an "own goal" for CaleyJagsTogether? They have nothing whatsoever to do with the physical selling of tickets.

Dougal

Why is this an "own goal" for CaleyJagsTogether? They have nothing whatsoever to do with the physical selling of tickets.

Maybe not Don but you do keep backing those who make these cockups.

I would say that the use of the word "fiasco" in the title is a touch over dramatic, however once again County seem better organised than us on this side which is disappointing.

Does it really matter that their tickets went on sale before ours? Its not a race to see who sells out first as the game is weeks away yet. As long as we have ours sold by the game thats what counts.

I think this topic has changed slightly from the op anyway as Dougal was concerned about their allocation originally not about how the tickets were being sold.

I would say that the use of the word "fiasco" in the title is a touch over dramatic, however once again County seem better organised than us on this side which is disappointing.

Does it really matter that their tickets went on sale before ours? Its not a race to see who sells out first as the game is weeks away yet. As long as we have ours sold by the game thats what counts.

I think this topic has changed slightly from the op anyway as Dougal was concerned about their allocation originally not about how the tickets were being sold.

Yes I do think it matters that before one of our biggest games of the season the tickets are on sale a week before anyone knows about it...its not the fact they will sell in the end anyway its the fact it could and should have been communicated better.

How many of you people who are so worried about it bothered to phone or contact the club directly to find out if tickets were on sale before now? You're not all babies that need spoonfed everything here on the forum are you? If one person had did that then they could have come back and shared the information and been a help instead of being a little wah wah baby about it all.

Ok so someone blooped and it's not the first time and I don't think it will be the last time but the moment it was spotted it was sorted out and yet the person who sorted it gets jumped on by all the playground bullies.

• Agree 2

Yes I do think it matters that before one of our biggest games of the season the tickets are on sale a week before anyone knows about it...its not the fact they will sell in the end anyway its the fact it could and should have been communicated better.

If you read my post at no time did I say that it didnt matter that the tickets were on sale for a week without anyone knowing.

How many of you people who are so worried about it bothered to phone or contact the club directly to find out if tickets were on sale before now? You're not all babies that need spoonfed everything here on the forum are you? If one person had did that then they could have come back and shared the information and been a help instead of being a little wah wah baby about it all.

Ok so someone blooped and it's not the first time and I don't think it will be the last time but the moment it was spotted it was sorted out and yet the person who sorted it gets jumped on by all the playground bullies.

I don't know who you are referring to as the "playground bullies" as I certainly wasn't jumping on the person who spotted it.

So by your way of thinking if Debenhams are having a sale and nobody turns up to it as it wasn't advertised it is the customers fault for not phoning Debenhams to check if there was a sale on and not Debenhams for advertising it.

I just feel that in the present climate where every pound is a prisoner the club failing to advertise the tickets for potentially our biggest gate of the season is amateurish. Some on here now seem to think on here now the club is faultless and the fans are to blame for everything now but they must remember the fans are the customers.

• Agree 4