The Highland Derby Ticket Fiasco

dougal

I wasn't suggesting that the club was faultless in any way....nor did I seek to defend the tardiness in getting the information online. I was, in fact, the one who highlighted that it should have been up but wasn't...and there's likely someone at the club cussing me for that, but hey ho!!!

Nor do I think that the fans are to blame for everything, but I do think that their needs to be a bit of movement from both sides if we are to start improving things. There's certainly nothing to be gained from spending more time on the blame game than on striving to put things right, especially if that involves hammering the people who are trying.

The information wasn't put online when it should have been...that's a screw up, but nothing can change that and I'm sure it will be looked in to by the club to see how and why (something I would not have been confident of happening a couple of years back). However, the information did go out to the press and was in at least one of last weeks local papers...so the failure to communicate was not total (of little consequence in the eyes of some I am sure).

I totally get (and share) the frustration from fans when things, sometimes simple things, don't go/get done as the should. I just choose to deal with it different these days. I could have come on and done as others did by bitching, moaning and complaining about it and I would have been just as entitled to do so as anyone else. Instead I chose to use that bit of time and energy to go find the information and get it online. In deciding to do that I somehow become the villain and the next thing Caley Jags Together are being blamed for the screw up...how does that work? I could have just ignored the situation, done nothing, posted nothing and left fans without the info to continue to bitch and moan (seems that would have been the outcome either way) and saved myself the grief.

People want to know how they can help....take a little bit of that time you were going to spend a rant and use it instead to spread the information instead. Not saying people shouldn't complain when things get screwed up, but we all have the power to help negate the effects of that if we just approach things with a slightly different mindset.

Fans should not be viewed, or be viewing themselves, as "just customers". They are so much more than that, they deserve to be treated as so much more than that, but they also have to behave in a manner which is so much more than that.

• Agree 3

Im giving you a green dot Dougal as you made me chuckle, when you mentioned 3 stands I immediately thought of main, north and south stands and thought yes, you have taken the bait. You have also inadvertently highlighted that the tickets are on sale.

If their that keen to start buying tickets then the only thing to suggest is buying a ticket early and keep them in the south stand.

• Agree 1

How our friends across the bridge must be laughing at this! But hey ho, who cares? If you've got something to say you should be able to say it and I have to agree that Dougal has a point here. For me the issue is a bit more than just one of communicating when tickets were on sale. We are constantly being told the club has no money and we have threads on here looking for fund raising ideas etc etc. But when we have a forthcoming match which is the first SPL derby between us and our very in form local rivals and when we desparately need a full home support, what does the club do to stir the local population? As yet, sweet FA by the looks of things.

This is a huge match. Apart from the local rivalry and it being our first SPL derby there are other issues: the return of Munro and Tokely (and others) and the fact that County may be going into this game still unbeaten in the league for over a year. How difficult should all that be to market? And with tickets on sale last week what an opportunity to market the match with a weekend break from SPL action due to the internationals. There could have been a great piece in the Courier, for instance, about the game with quotes from Butcher urging the fans to get their tickets whilst there were still some left (ha, ha!) and really get behind the team. But what do we get, a silly non-story of Richie Foran urging the fans to get behind Billy MacKay.

This is a hugely important game and it is vital we sell out the home allocation. The earlier tickets start selling well, the sooner people will commit to buy. Leave it too late and folk decide they won't bother after all. For a club that needs the money, its lack of activity in ensuring we get a sell out for this game is disappointing to say the least.

• Agree 6

I've noticed the county v united match tonight isn't being covered by sky or ESPN. They're obviously not a very attractive proposition. Just hoping our match against them will be on ESPN or Sky - I doubt I'll be able to make it to the match.

I've noticed the county v united match tonight isn't being covered by sky or ESPN. They're obviously not a very attractive proposition. Just hoping our match against them will be on ESPN or Sky - I doubt I'll be able to make it to the match.

ESPN and our Friday away to Dundee is Alba

Oh dear.........tickets went on sale over a month before a game and someone forgot to publicise the fact till three weeks before the game. How much notice does anyone actually need? Going by attendances at other 'big' games this season I doubt the home stands will sell out anyway so anyone who does want to attend will easilly get a ticket. If County sell their allocation plus some then I'd be very happy for our club. We will be adding to our income.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

How many of you people who are so worried about it bothered to phone or contact the club directly to find out if tickets were on sale before now? You're not all babies that need spoonfed everything here on the forum are you? If one person had did that then they could have come back and shared the information and been a help instead of being a little wah wah baby about it all.

Ok so someone blooped and it's not the first time and I don't think it will be the last time but the moment it was spotted it was sorted out and yet the person who sorted it gets jumped on by all the playground bullies.

BEST POST IN AGES

Every ICT fan no matter where they are in the world should make the extra effort to attend this one seeing it's the first ever SPL highland derby

Yes the game is being shown live to a world wide audience via satellite tv but I'm genuinely worried that we will see a half full north and main stand

Let's not beat about the bush here had the game been in Dingwall it would already have been a sell out weeks ago

There is a real opportunity that these Highland Derbies could be shown live on a regular basis but I have my doubts ESPN will be back if there are scenes of mass empty seats

Dougal

Got to laugh at Dougal getting on his soapbox about turning out to support ICT when he turned his back on the team earlier this season to go and watch County instead.

Anyway, according to the online ticketing system there are just under 1,300 seats left for the home end still to be sold before Friday. County only have 94 tickets left for the South stand.