• Create Account
  • twitter
  • facebook

WELCOME GUEST

Hi there Guest .... Welcome to CaleyThistleOnline (CTO), the #1 online resource for Inverness Caledonian Thistle fans since 1994. We Highlanders are known for our hospitality so please enjoy your visit and feel free to have a look around. We hope you like what you see and that you decide to return soon and maybe even take part in our discussions.

As a guest, you are permitted to browse the main areas of our site without registration, and to read the topics our members are discussing in the main forums ... but if you feel the urge to respond we do require you to register. You can do this manually or you can use a pre-existing Facebook, Twitter or Google account to kick start the process. Registration is free and easy and you can start the process just by clicking the green "create account" box up there on the right.

Photo
- - - - -

The Highland Derby Ticket Fiasco

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#26 Kingsmills

Kingsmills

International Player

• 08: Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,496 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:58 PM

Surely, in the current difficut economic circumstances, the priority has to be to fill the ground with fans of whatever persuasion and thus maximise income

Anyway, a roughly equal split of fans makes for a much better atmosphere.
  • kencar and gordieict like this

#27 CaleyD

CaleyD

Erse Licking Happy Clapper

• +07: Player Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,812 posts
  • Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/CaleyDon
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/CaleyD

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:20 PM

I wasn't suggesting that the club was faultless in any way....nor did I seek to defend the tardiness in getting the information online. I was, in fact, the one who highlighted that it should have been up but wasn't...and there's likely someone at the club cussing me for that, but hey ho!!!

Nor do I think that the fans are to blame for everything, but I do think that their needs to be a bit of movement from both sides if we are to start improving things. There's certainly nothing to be gained from spending more time on the blame game than on striving to put things right, especially if that involves hammering the people who are trying.

The information wasn't put online when it should have been...that's a screw up, but nothing can change that and I'm sure it will be looked in to by the club to see how and why (something I would not have been confident of happening a couple of years back). However, the information did go out to the press and was in at least one of last weeks local papers...so the failure to communicate was not total (of little consequence in the eyes of some I am sure).

I totally get (and share) the frustration from fans when things, sometimes simple things, don't go/get done as the should. I just choose to deal with it different these days. I could have come on and done as others did by bitching, moaning and complaining about it and I would have been just as entitled to do so as anyone else. Instead I chose to use that bit of time and energy to go find the information and get it online. In deciding to do that I somehow become the villain and the next thing Caley Jags Together are being blamed for the screw up...how does that work? I could have just ignored the situation, done nothing, posted nothing and left fans without the info to continue to bitch and moan (seems that would have been the outcome either way) and saved myself the grief.

People want to know how they can help....take a little bit of that time you were going to spend a rant and use it instead to spread the information instead. Not saying people shouldn't complain when things get screwed up, but we all have the power to help negate the effects of that if we just approach things with a slightly different mindset.

Fans should not be viewed, or be viewing themselves, as "just customers". They are so much more than that, they deserve to be treated as so much more than that, but they also have to behave in a manner which is so much more than that.
  • Bush, old caley girl and cal234ey like this

#28 Laurence

Laurence

Super Sub

• 05: Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Facebook:Laurence Banks
  • Interests:Books
    NFL
    Wine
    France
    Marilyn Monroe
    Lens Football Club
    Bury F C
    New Orleans saints
    Poem Young Lochinvar
    My Lovely Wife
    Glasgow
    Contract Bridge (Local Master)
    Duncan Edwards

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:32 PM

Whatever is agreed should be reciprocated for the next match betwween the two clubs in Dingwall , Ganders and Geese come to mind

Edited by Laurence, 11 September 2012 - 03:34 PM.

#29 12th Man

12th Man

First Team Regular

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

Im giving you a green dot Dougal as you made me chuckle, when you mentioned 3 stands I immediately thought of main, north and south stands and thought yes, you have taken the bait. You have also inadvertently highlighted that the tickets are on sale.

If their that keen to start buying tickets then the only thing to suggest is buying a ticket early and keep them in the south stand.

• dougal likes this

#30 DoofersDad

DoofersDad

First Team Regular

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:51 PM

How our friends across the bridge must be laughing at this! But hey ho, who cares? If you've got something to say you should be able to say it and I have to agree that Dougal has a point here. For me the issue is a bit more than just one of communicating when tickets were on sale. We are constantly being told the club has no money and we have threads on here looking for fund raising ideas etc etc. But when we have a forthcoming match which is the first SPL derby between us and our very in form local rivals and when we desparately need a full home support, what does the club do to stir the local population? As yet, sweet FA by the looks of things.

This is a huge match. Apart from the local rivalry and it being our first SPL derby there are other issues: the return of Munro and Tokely (and others) and the fact that County may be going into this game still unbeaten in the league for over a year. How difficult should all that be to market? And with tickets on sale last week what an opportunity to market the match with a weekend break from SPL action due to the internationals. There could have been a great piece in the Courier, for instance, about the game with quotes from Butcher urging the fans to get their tickets whilst there were still some left (ha, ha!) and really get behind the team. But what do we get, a silly non-story of Richie Foran urging the fans to get behind Billy MacKay.

This is a hugely important game and it is vital we sell out the home allocation. The earlier tickets start selling well, the sooner people will commit to buy. Leave it too late and folk decide they won't bother after all. For a club that needs the money, its lack of activity in ensuring we get a sell out for this game is disappointing to say the least.
  • Gringo, Kingsmills, Renegade and 3 others like this

#31 TopSix

TopSix

First Team Regular

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,196 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:48 PM

Will this one be on ESPN or Sky?

#32 Fraz

Fraz

First Team Regular

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,442 posts
  • Interests:Football
    The wife
    My wee girls
    Gaming
    Whisky & beer
    That's about it really.

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:13 PM

Will this one be on ESPN or Sky?

ESPN I believe.

#33 RiG

RiG

Shinniesta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,289 posts
  • Twitter:@ASutherland1983

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:25 PM

Oh no not that roaster Burley!

#34 IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

Global Superstar

• 12,585 posts
  • Facebook:Johndo Ihe MacKenzie
  • Interests:Psychology, Smirnoff, Talking Tactics, Fishing

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:05 PM

Lets wait and see the weather forecast. If it is going to be high winds and torrential rain then put the feckers in to the West Paddock - it would be akin to a feckin paddock on a filthy gypsy farm.

#35 tm4tj

tm4tj

World Class Player

• 10: Site Admin
  • 9,506 posts
  • Interests:Proper Music
    Football
    Judo
    Golf
    Guiness
    Not necessarily in that order.

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:15 PM

Can you make your writing smaller please :blink:
  • TopSix and old caley girl like this

#36 IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

Global Superstar

• 12,585 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:15 PM

What ?
  • northstandfan likes this

#37 bughtmaster

bughtmaster

First Team Regular

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts
  • Interests:ICT, sport in general, art, angling, golf and a good bottle of malt.

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:16 PM

He said can you speak a bit louder please.

#38 IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

Global Superstar

• 12,585 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:43 PM

I feckin heard ya

#39 BornCaley

BornCaley

First Team Regular

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:58 PM

on a side note; thanks very much for moving this game to a Friday night, cos i will miss it

* sarcasm implied*

#40 TopSix

TopSix

First Team Regular

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,196 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:54 AM

I've noticed the county v united match tonight isn't being covered by sky or ESPN. They're obviously not a very attractive proposition. Just hoping our match against them will be on ESPN or Sky - I doubt I'll be able to make it to the match.

#41 12th Man

12th Man

First Team Regular

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:22 AM

I've noticed the county v united match tonight isn't being covered by sky or ESPN. They're obviously not a very attractive proposition. Just hoping our match against them will be on ESPN or Sky - I doubt I'll be able to make it to the match.

ESPN and our Friday away to Dundee is Alba

#42 Alex MacLeod

Alex MacLeod

Global Superstar

• 12,695 posts
  • Interests:ICT, Walking, ICT, Drinking, ICT

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:17 PM

Oh dear.........tickets went on sale over a month before a game and someone forgot to publicise the fact till three weeks before the game. How much notice does anyone actually need? Going by attendances at other 'big' games this season I doubt the home stands will sell out anyway so anyone who does want to attend will easilly get a ticket. If County sell their allocation plus some then I'd be very happy for our club. We will be adding to our income.
  • Kingsmills likes this

#43 ferben1994

ferben1994

First Team Squad

• PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:23 AM

exactly how much notice do ya need. i never intended buyin mine until september payday anyway an now i got my 4 tickets hassle free from eden court.
now am excited 1 week to push
get rite in about the tinks

#44 Iain

Iain

Super Sub

• PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:27 PM

Notice the servers for buying online are down.....could be missing out on people making a sudden decision to go after yesterday.

#45 Croylo

Croylo

Reserve Team

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:32 PM

How many of you people who are so worried about it bothered to phone or contact the club directly to find out if tickets were on sale before now? You're not all babies that need spoonfed everything here on the forum are you? If one person had did that then they could have come back and shared the information and been a help instead of being a little wah wah baby about it all.

Ok so someone blooped and it's not the first time and I don't think it will be the last time but the moment it was spotted it was sorted out and yet the person who sorted it gets jumped on by all the playground bullies.

BEST POST IN AGES

#46 dougal

dougal

Super Sub

• PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:05 PM

Every ICT fan no matter where they are in the world should make the extra effort to attend this one seeing it's the first ever SPL highland derby

Yes the game is being shown live to a world wide audience via satellite tv but I'm genuinely worried that we will see a half full north and main stand

Let's not beat about the bush here had the game been in Dingwall it would already have been a sell out weeks ago

There is a real opportunity that these Highland Derbies could be shown live on a regular basis but I have my doubts ESPN will be back if there are scenes of mass empty seats

Dougal

#47 old caley girl

old caley girl

First Team Regular

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,792 posts
  • Interests:supporting the mighty ICT,

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:32 PM

Would be good if the telly didn't come back as folk would have to attend in person to actually see it!

#48 RiG

RiG

Shinniesta

• 9,289 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:30 PM

Got to laugh at Dougal getting on his soapbox about turning out to support ICT when he turned his back on the team earlier this season to go and watch County instead.

Anyway, according to the online ticketing system there are just under 1,300 seats left for the home end still to be sold before Friday. County only have 94 tickets left for the South stand.

#49 CaleyD

CaleyD

Erse Licking Happy Clapper

• 16,812 posts
  • Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/CaleyDon
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/CaleyD

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:42 PM

Would that be the South Stand they were claiming they had sold out weeks ago by any chance?
  • IBM likes this

#50 RiG

RiG

Shinniesta

• 9,289 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:45 PM

Yup. Don't know how accurate the system is but apparently there is 1 seat in B and now 85 in C.