Claude Gnapka off to Iraq

Yngwie

According to the rather dodgy translation of an Iraqi fans site, Gnapka seems to have signed last week for Basra team Al Minaa. Can't find any mention of it elsewhere though, and the article does have some basic facts wrong, but it seems to be him:

"Originally from the Ivory Coast French nationality, started playing in France and in the 2003 go for the Liga Spanish and played for Racing de Santander and then for Deportivo Alavés, then moved to Scotland and played for FC Vaduz and then to England and played for Swindon Town. It screwed Walsall in the second degree and then returned to Scotland and played for the club and then for Inverness CT."

A soon to be disappointed fan then adds:

"They managed to get their hands on a Scottish Premier League players, thats pretty impressive."

Edited by Yngwie

As if they don't have enough bomb scares there already.

But you have to respect Claude and his agent as I am reliably informed that they had to go through a minefield of potential booby traps to secure the move, And let's face it he is the epitome of a human improvised explosive device.

I see Claude Gnapka has a website, where the autobiography part makes him sound like some sort of world beating nomad!

http://claudegnakpa.com/

About ICT he says this -

The chance to play in Scotland’s top-flight and against both Celtic and Rangers was a big draw for me. To play in front of over 50,000 at Parkhead is an experience that I will never forget.

The standard of football in Scotland is good and I enjoyed my time in the SPL, but the logistics of living so far north made it difficult for me to settle.

Aye, being so far north must be the reason. Not the fact he was rubbish!

I see Claude Gnapka has a website, where the autobiography part makes him sound like some sort of world beating nomad!

http://claudegnakpa.com/

About ICT he says this -

The chance to play in Scotland’s top-flight and against both Celtic and Rangers was a big draw for me. To play in front of over 50,000 at Parkhead is an experience that I will never forget.

The standard of football in Scotland is good and I enjoyed my time in the SPL, but the logistics of living so far north made it difficult for me to settle.

Aye, being so far north must be the reason. Not the fact he was rubbish!

What a tool.

• 1 year later...