crowd today.

caley100

Crowd announced as 4500, looking at the south stand i would say Dons took 1900-2000, which look like we managed to get 2500 supporters on a nice day against near neighbours Aberdeen.

The home crowd -or lack of it shocked me today!

Where have all the people gone? cant call them supporters or ICT fans because they would have turned out to support their team, because thats what suppporters do -support their team

Never mind the 'teams playing poorly shyte' or dont like the players TB has signed etc etc.. its at times like this that ICT need fans to turn out and help support the club financially and the team on the pitch.

No doubt we will have these 'fans' turn up for the county game in october to support their team.

• Agree 5

Crowds have been inconsistent. We had 5888 on Christmas eve last season but only 3487 in April. The season before we started with 6144 in October and 4468 in January. I suspect the away support was a lot lower for the April and January matches and the number of home fans for our first home match against the Dons is way down on the last 2 seasons. Worrying.

I know i dont make many games these days....but there are all srts of reasons for that. Most cruicially, money.....i simply cant justify or afford to spend £20-30 on a game of footie.

i have to say...as an observation, based on many years of studying this....i reckon ICT have among the most apathetic attendees in football. notice i didnt use the word "supporters". I have always suspected that a fair chunk of those who used to attend ICT games...werent so much fans of the club, more just looking to see a game of football. There were a lot of "floaters" between us and C*unty. At the end of the day.....i believe that ICT's core support, is probably somewhere from 1600-1800. by that, i mean, these are peeps that would turn up, whether we are in the SPL, or 3rd Div.

I sed last season that C*untys promotion would damage our finances, and many ridiculed me. Well....lets wait and see at the end of the season whos right and whos wrong

Out of interest.....hows the traffic volume on this site compared to the past? I check in quite a lot of times per day....as i have done since the very beginning of this site, and i sometimes think its the quietest i have ever known the site to be.

Edited by SMEE

Interesting point Mr 100

The Aberdeen end was full but the home was half empty (forget the main stand) visiting fans must wonder some times

What really got me was the opening game of the season at home a truly beautiful day to watch footie and we had just over 3000?!? very very disappointing and makes you really wonder the real reason........

From what I understand, traffic on the site is as busy as ever, but as for the post before that I'll not ridicule you Smee, just query what kind of supporter (who doesn't go to games but still comments about terrible standards, players etc.) crows about their club's falling attendances and financial troubles simply because "I told you so"? I've no doubt you'll tell me that's not what you meant but that's how it reads. Yes, the crowd was abject yesterday. Poor numbers, no voice, no heart, no "support" - even Aberdeen players commented on it.

The only singing I heard from our end yesterday was a brief rendition of "you're not singing anymore" immediately after we took the lead. I couldn't help but have a wee smile to myself about the irony of that.

On the plus side it was great to be surrounded by folk who, whilst not singing, were actually shouting encouragement and were clapping anything remotely deserving of applause. No moaning minnies around me today - perhaps they didn't bother turning up which was why the crowd was so poor. If so, it was all the more enjoyable for their absence.

• Agree 1

From what I understand, traffic on the site is as busy as ever, but as for the post before that I'll not ridicule you Smee, just query what kind of supporter (who doesn't go to games but still comments about terrible standards, players etc.) crows about their club's falling attendances and financial troubles simply because "I told you so"? I've no doubt you'll tell me that's not what you meant but that's how it reads. Yes, the crowd was abject yesterday. Poor numbers, no voice, no heart, no "support" - even Aberdeen players commented on it.

Are you seriously saying that someone that no longer can go to games...for whatever valid reasons, isnt allowed to form and hold an opinion on matters??

Edited by SMEE

Are you seriously saying that someone that no longer can go to games...for whatever valid reasons, isnt allowed to form and hold an opinion on matters??

You can't pass judgement on team or player performance, you can pass judgment on a penalty decision and one or two chances from the highlights but that's it.

The only singing I heard from our end yesterday was a brief rendition of "you're not singing anymore" immediately after we took the lead. I couldn't help but have a wee smile to myself about the irony of that.

On the plus side it was great to be surrounded by folk who, whilst not singing, were actually shouting encouragement and were clapping anything remotely deserving of applause. No moaning minnies around me today - perhaps they didn't bother turning up which was why the crowd was so poor. If so, it was all the more enjoyable for their absence.

It was "your not famous anymore"

When people avoid the singing section because they want peace how are w supposed to make any noise?

There are rows and rows of empty seats in section e and they arnt getting filled, I just hope it's full for the c*unty game.

• Agree 1

You can't pass judgement on team or player performance, you can pass judgment on a penalty decision and one or two chances from the highlights but that's it.

Oh...ok...thats how it works is it....so...lets say...for example...i have no rights to hold and form opinions on human rights infringements in places like Burma etc....coz im not there in person?

Oh...ok...thats how it works is it....so...lets say...for example...i have no rights to hold and form opinions on human rights infringements in places like Burma etc....coz im not there in person?

You cannot possibly comment on a performance as a whole unless you see the whole game, you can't gauge how a team plays from highlights.

Out of interest.....hows the traffic volume on this site compared to the past? I check in quite a lot of times per day....as i have done since the very beginning of this site, and i sometimes think its the quietest i have ever known the site to be.

Site has twice as many visitors this year than it did in 2009, but what's interesting is that the actual pageviews has gone up by a multiple of 15 to 20 as people are spending more time (almost 5 times longer on average) on the site and reading more stuff.

You cannot possibly comment on a performance as a whole unless you see the whole game, you can't gauge how a team plays from highlights.

There are alternative methods for gleaning information apart from just actually having a physical presence at an event.

Sorry Smee- touched a nerve? I never once said you had no right to comment, I merely mentioned that you don't go to games (something that you mention yourself in around 90% of your posts) and the crowing tone of your post (which I may have misinterpreted) So no, not having a go.

Im not one to make comments about how the team/certain players played during any given game, unless i actually was there, despite what some would have you believe.. But.......i dont believe i need to be attending games to show concern or raise issues regarding ANYTHING to do with the club, especially if its an area of concern...... Which is what i believe Davie was getting at.

Sorry Smee- touched a nerve? I never once said you had no right to comment, I merely mentioned that you don't go to games (something that you mention yourself in around 90% of your posts) and the crowing tone of your post (which I may have misinterpreted) So no, not having a go.

I think your GROSSLY exhagerating there!

Edited by SMEE