Hospitality

caleyboy

I was hearing the Chieftain Hotel is laying it on for the County fans prior to the game and offering them all sorts before and after the game. Bit unreal how they would be doing this for them and not offering it to ICT fans as their regular clientele will be local to Inverness. This is their offer below

Come along to the Chieftain Hotel on Friday 5th of October from 4.30pm onwards to join in the Pre Derby Get Together for all Ross County fans heading to the first SPL Highland Derby! The Chieftain Hotel is putting on pre match entertainment in the form of Singer Hunky Dory who will get the party started and for all County fans heading to the game there will be free pies laid on by the Hotel! The Chieftain Hotel also boasts 5 pool tables and Darts and kids are allowed into the bar up till 9pm! If before the game you are looking to fuel up then the Hotel has just introduced a new menu which will fill you up ready for kick off!

A 78 Seater Staggie Special Bus has been arranged to shuttle County fans out to the game which will leave the Hotel at 6.45pm direct to the Stadium and return to the Chieftain straight after the game! Tickets for the bus are priced at £3 per person! To avoid disappointment tickets for the Bus can be booked by calling the Chieftain Hotel direct on 01463 232241 from 9am on Friday 28th September! For Staggie fans who are not able to get a ticket for the game the Hotel will be showing the game live on its Big Screen!

After the game the party will carry on with a Disco & Karaoke set from DJ Dave for any Staggie fans who still have a voice left after Cheering on the County! For any County fans who do not live locally and want to make a night of it the Chieftain Hotel have rooms available but please do not delay as Rooms are going fast in the build up to this massive game!

We look forward to welcoming all County fans to the Chieftain Hotel and helping them get into Good Spirit & Voice before Kick Off in which will be the first Highland Derby in over 2 years and the first in the SPL!

Trip adviser can be so cruel but Im sure the County fans will enjoy the homely atmosphere.

“BED BUG BITE FOR FREE”

x.gif Reviewed 11 September 2012

people found this review helpful

I have been making weekly visits here since May, When I first arrived the exterior of the Hotel was awful, but tried not to let me be put off, receptionist on duty was very pleasant, room very dated.

The first few visits were great, getting to be on 1st name terms with staff, and been told they were new to the business and the hotel was been refurbished, I really started to enjoy my weekly visits.

After a few weeks, started to notice a BIG CHANGE!

There seemed to be a lot of new faces, and the staff that were left had no charisma about them.

On my 3rd morning there I noticed I had some bites, I mentioned it later to the bar man, who said he would pass it on to the receptionist, when I returned from my meeting, I spoke with her, she knew nothing about what I mentioned, but assured me it would be passed on to Management and housekeeping.

My last night I was in the same room but assured my room was deep cleaned, everything was still in the same place, the only thing that looked clean was the new bed sheets.

Having started to meet a few of the guests who had been staying up there, they all noticed the change, the menu was changed, So was the chef, the food was just horrendous, I can truly say myself and another guest sat and watched the olympics, and of the very few that had meals in the hotel, most of them were sent back.

I did not take breakfast as I left early but my pack lunch if been made, was awful 2 slices of bread, chocolate bar, ocassionally fruit was terrible, I was lucky compared to the horror stories I heard from the guests with regard to there breakfast.

I started eating out, and going back to the hotel later, I would go into the bar for a drink depending who was in the bar, nothing worse than been on your own with the bar man, who quite frankly did not want to be there, and made sure you were out for 11.

I had 2 weeks holiday, and to be truthful did not want to go back, but as it was August every where was booked, I had a double room that I had not stayed in before, looked clean, how mistaken, on 2 occassions I had to ask for clean towels, but my guests were back, yes the Bed Bugs, I told reception and the manager, they assured me it was not bed bugs, and they could not shift me, as the hotel was full, On the Thursday I had enough, cancelled business meetings, and returned home, I felt awful that night and on the friday I went to my local GP who assured me it was bed bugs, and they had got infected, I was given a course of amoxicillin.

I phoned the hotel on the Monday as I still had my account to be settled, I told the manager of the situation, she said there was no bed bugs, no compalnts with regards to the food, I honestly could not believe what I was hearing, there were numerous complaints, her attitiude was awful, I ended the call without settiling my account.

I am waiting for an Invoice to arrive, believe you me I shall not be paying this,

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE! MAYBE A REFURB OF MANAGEMENT AND STAFF, BUT UNTIL THAT HAPPENS THIS PLACE WILL NOT WORK.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business

I take it that they have heard of the full stop! Every sentance ending in an exclamation mark takes away the emphasis and therefore the point of it! And just makes it look stupid, as if it was written by a 15 year old Media Studies student! Or perhaps it was!

I take it that they have heard of the full stop! Every sentance ending in an exclamation mark takes away the emphasis and therefore the point of it! And just makes it look stupid, as if it was written by a 15 year old Media Studies student! Or perhaps it was!

"sentance" :rotflmao:

Eye halve a spelling chequer,

It came with my pea sea.

It plainly marques four my revue,

Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a quay and type a word,

And weight four it two say.

Weather eye am wrong oar write,

It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid,

It nose bee fore two long.

And eye can put the error rite,

It's rare lea ever wrong.

Eye halve put this poem threw it,

I am shore your pleased two no.

Its letter perfect awl the weigh,

My chequer tolled me sew.

Sauce unknown

• Agree 2

I have to say it though, well done to the Cheiftan for using this as an opportunity to pull in the punters, there are loads of people from Ross shire living in Inverness so they now have somewhere to go.

I have yet to hear of any pub, club or Hotel promoting the derby game in the same way for ICT fans.

I have to say it though, well done to the Cheiftan for using this as an opportunity to pull in the punters, there are loads of people from Ross shire living in Inverness so they now have somewhere to go.

I have yet to hear of any pub, club or Hotel promoting the derby game in the same way for ICT fans.

Neither have I, a rather sad indictment of the attitude shown by many (both businesses and people in general) in our town toward ICT.

I phoned the Chieftan yesterday. The lady said the bus was for both fans and the evening was open to both fans lol. When I quoted from the advert she repeated that its for both fans. Obviously they dont want to lose customers but I wont be heading on the Staggie bus (for both fans) lol. It‘s a County Director that owns it now which explains the advert.

The most hilarious part of all of this is that this match isn't a big deal to us as it is to them. They've been behind us and in our shadow for so long it's unreal. Fair play to the chieftain though by cashing in on them.

The most hilarious thing is that, no matter the thread, and having been away from internet for quite a while now, there seems to be more of an obsession with whats happening over the water than whats happening with our own team. let them be what they are and do what they want, they'll never outshine us.

As for the Chieftain, back in the early days they tried to make themselves an ICT pub. Even suggested puting a bus on but nobody showed interest. probably because the place is a bit out of the way but more likely because its a dive more suited to OTB fans.

I phoned the Chieftan yesterday. The lady said the bus was for both fans and the evening was open to both fans lol. When I quoted from the advert she repeated that its for both fans. Obviously they dont want to lose customers but I wont be heading on the Staggie bus (for both fans) lol. It‘s a County Director that owns it now which explains the advert.

I reckon we should get so many ICT fans in there that there's nae room at the inn when their caravan(s) arrive. That would be a real shame.

edited for spelling after spilling lunch

Edited by davie
  • Agree 1