2007 Transfer Targets

kencar

I read with interest today our manager saying he hopes to bring in at least 1 new face in January but 3 targets have been identified.

There have been quite a few names mentioned in the rumour mill but does anyone have a definitive answer to who they might be?

Dean Shiels we've been linked with before and would be an exciting prospect but would Hibs let him go?

Guest eriboll

Great idea and we could make a double swoop with Ronaldhino making up the difference then they could have Dods.

What ever happened the Clyde players who were being linked with Celtic and Hibs last season.

Notice Scunthorpe's Sharp is being linked to the Premiership so don't suppose he would be willing to come to a proper run club.

ICT got a double page spread in the Daily Ranger today so will we have to start calling it the Daily Highland News.

I think it would be highly likely that Liam Buchanan (Cowdenbeath) will join soon.

Apparantly his trial period went well, the fact that he went back to his club the following week

and scored a hat trick tends to make you think CC will take him. Unless of course some club nicks

him at the last minute.

I would assume the other two "identified" would be cover that will only be aquired should Brown

or Dods leave.

All guesswork mind.

Guest eriboll

If we want a proper Highland striker then we should go for Macleod at the MK DONS - with a name like mine he would be bound to make a big impression up here and he just might want to get away from all that smog down south :015:

arsenal are to recall stokes back to englandshire BUT still put him out on loan , Stokes has said he wants to stay in Scotland till end if season his loan spell finishes with Falkirk on the 01/01/07 with an option to stay, will he stay in Scotland  with Falkirk, will he stay in Scotland with another team, he said he does NOT

want to join old firm

Dean Shiels we've been linked with before and would be an exciting prospect but would Hibs let him go?

that would all depend on whether bompson and trown go to the old firm as i doubt hibs would let shiels go if they left

If Shields was leaving Hibs for another Scottish team I would put money on it being Aberdeen

Kirk Broadfoot. I thought he had a very good game today for st mirren. He is a good strong tall central defender. He also passes the ball really well and is not frightened to wander forward either. I think this is the type of defender we need to replace dods. Dods is a really good defender but his passing and movement forward is nothing like broadfoot. I am not writing this saying we should try and sign broadfoot but of his standard is what we should be looking at. When we replace dods and whoever else leaves it is critical in my opinion to replace these players with even better quality if not we will not be moving forward but i do think the time has come for us to be ambitious and try and get some real quality players within the budget that the club has. I know the clubs budget is not great but the players are out there and it important somebody finds them

i do think the time has come for us to be ambitious and try and get some real quality players within the budget that the club has. I know the clubs budget is not great but the players are out there and it important somebody finds them

:021: :021: :021:

Very good post Dan. Think the scouting thing was highlighted in the 'ask the chairman' segment and hopefully something can be done (soon).

You just need to look at Falkirk and Stokes to see the impact that even a short loan spell of a promising youngster can have. Did anyone know about this guy before he went to Falkirk ?

Think the recent signing of a promising youngster from down south and our interest in Liam Buchanan may be a sign that we are improving our scouting ?

From BBC Website

Christie also gave notice of a scouting mission in the lower leagues for Inverness.

"We are taking in three games tomorrow across Scotland with a view to looking at three players in particular and it would be nice if one of them made a real impression," he said.

Guest eriboll

I notice that Cowie and Buchanan both scored yesterday - SO BRING THEM ON :022:

Bet that LE GUEN would pay us personally to take Ferguson on loan for the rest of the season.

Chelsea seem desperate not to pay over the odds for a central defender at the moment - just hope they are not eyeing up a good one up here unless they give us Wright Phillips for the rest of season :021:

Surely CC can look at the contacts the club has established with Sheffield United, they must have some young players gagging for first team football

Do you not remember the player Sheffield United recommended to us in the summer>? He got cold feet half way up the road 'cos we are so far from 'civilisation'  :006:

Mind you Ross County have somehow managed to snag a Liverpool reserve on loan which must be somewhat of a coup  :crazy04: