England need Ireland

Laurence

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:sleep:  :sleep:

Get thee to a nunnery - Philistine

Edited by Laurence

Get thee to Palestine - Numpty

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Get%20thee%20to%20a%20nunnery

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/philistine

If the cap fits !

You come on to a public web site you are particulary rude. You show no respect to the people who set up this forum, they provided a platform for discussion

If you do not wish to discuss it is particulary rude to yawn and make fun of the poster

I come from a different generation to you ( I think) where we had to work long hours, we had poor schooling, we did not have the oportunies that people have today, but most of all we were taught to respect older people

Edited by Laurence
  • Agree 3

Well said. However, not all of the current young generation should be tarred with the same brush. Not by a long shot.

Thank you - I agree or my 44 year old son and my 36 years old daughter would get quite cross with me

Regular refrain is " shut up Dad", I don't know why? lol

Anyway I can still beat my daughter at Badmingtion, but don't tell her I said so

Happy Christmas to all

I know Ed Joyce  Scored a lot of runs for both Ireland and England , but I'm not sure if  he got a century for both countries. He was quite a star in the One dayers.

It was thought at one time that Andy Goram  ( fast bowler) would maybe  play for both Scotland and England at cricket. However the Rangers management stopped him playing cricket for Scotland. It was thought he would get injured.

That may be a quiz question ( Name the Rangers player who played football and cricket for Scotland ) ?

Get thee to Palestine - Numpty

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Get%20thee%20to%20a%20nunnery

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/philistine

If the cap fits !

You come on to a public web site you are particulary rude. You show no respect to the people who set up this forum, they provided a platform for discussion

If you do not wish to discuss it is particulary rude to yawn and make fun of the poster

I come from a different generation to you ( I think) where we had to work long hours, we had poor schooling, we did not have the oportunies that people have today, but most of all we were taught to respect older people

O.T.

Sorry for dragging this off topic but what opportunities are there now that you never had?

As I see it you "oldies" could walk out of a job on Friday then start a new one on Monday. A new national health service and welfare system that todays workers are paying dearly to maintain because of an older generation draining resources. Council housing waiting lists were a new thing but councils were still building houses. Poor schooling is an excuse for being either lazy or hard of thinking, if you'd studied hard you'd be rewarded just as happens today.

I respect Scotty, enough not to post about cricket. Cricket on a Scottish Football Fansite? What reaction do you expect, seriously?

Me, particularly rude? Let's have a look at your links shall we?

Put together we have, Get thee to a nunnery - A literate way of telling a whore to GTFO. For the times when a simple "fuck off" just doesn't do it for you. Philistine - One uninformed in a special area of knowledge.

Respect is earned Laurence and you may earn mine one day when you stop posting pish.

Thanks Dougal and Alex

Pull my Finger has a chip on his shoulder about me

He sent me a most unpleasant e-mail some time back

He had a go at my education for one thing , anyway it might explain our feud

Thanks Dougal and Alex

No feud at all.

Here's the unpleasant email I sent. It was a response to outlandish comments you were making on Scottish Independence.

Sent 18 April 2012 - 06:16 AM

Hi Laurence, if you're going to try to be a WUM (wind up merchant) try doing at least a modicum of research. The points you make are ficticious and typical of the nonsence we are subjected to on a daily basis through the English based media. BTW you could also try using the spell checker so you don't come across as an old thick fecker.

My point stands. :tongue:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Dougal and Alex

No feud at all.

Here's the unpleasant email I sent. It was a response to outlandish comments you were making on Scottish Independence.

Hi Laurence, if you're going to try to be a WUM (wind up merchant) try doing at least a modicum of research. The points you make are ficticious and typical of the nonsence we are subjected to on a daily basis through the English based media. BTW you could also try using the spell checker so you don't come across as an old thick fecker.

You are asad person with a real chip on your shoulder.

• Agree 1

To go off topic all together for a moment, while it could have been more diplomatically phrased, I fully agree with what PMF  has to say on the matter of Unionists and their less than honest manipulation of statistics.

Now, back on topic, England didn't fare quite so well today even with assistance from their Hibernian and South African friends.

Thanks Dougal and Alex

No feud at all.

lockquote class="ipsBlockquote">

You are asad person with a real chip on your shoulder.

Lawrence, spell checker.....please! My eyes are bleeding at your posts as much as my heart is at England's loss. :lol: