THE WINTER BREAK - ICT TRIVIA

CELTIC1CALEY3

Apart from the transfer window, the next few weeks could be quite lean on this site. So let's start our own game.

Question Number 1 - Mark Brown is known for his inability to save penalties but against which leading team did he keep ICT level with a top penalty save?

Question Number 2 - Which former ICT player has the nickname 'The Butcher' because of his sturdy tackling?

Question Number 3 - This former ICT Midfielder joined a Saudia Arabian team and then returned to his roots?

Question Number 4 - Which ICT player was Ian McCall describing ...'' without a doubt the best distributor of a ball from defence, bar none"

Question Number 5 - Name the four Robertson's to have been on the ICT books.

Question Number 6 - How many MacDonalds have been on the books as opposed to Campbells?

Question Number 7 - Who scored the winner for Falkirk in May 2009 to ensure our relegation?

Question Number 8 - This ex Ross County and ICT player is now playing centre half for Dover Athletic.

Question Number 9 - How many ex-ICT players have captained their full international side?

Question Number 10 - Name the best 11 players who have played for Ross County and Inverness.

• Agree 1

Question Number 1 - Mark Brown is known for his inability to save penalties but against which leading team did he keep ICT level with a top penalty save?

Celtic

Question Number 2 - Which former ICT player has the nickname 'The Butcher' because of his sturdy tackling?

Pavels Mihadjuks

Question Number 3 - This former ICT Midfielder joined a Saudia Arabian team and then returned to his roots?

Richie Hart

Question Number 4 - Which ICT player was Ian McCall describing ...'' without a doubt the best distributor of a ball from defence, bar none"

Bobby Mann

Question Number 5 - Name the four Robertson's to have been on the ICT books.

John Robertson (in a friendly!)

Question Number 6 - How many MacDonalds have been on the books as opposed to Campbells?

Alex MacDonald (defender who never played), Alex McDonald (on loan from Burnley), Dean McDonald (rubbish English striker), John MacDonald (trialist I think but did play in two competitive matches, one of which he scored in).  That's all I can think of!  Unless it is just "Mac"'s you're looking for, then it's just one or two!

Can't think of any Campbells!

Question Number 7 - Who scored the winner for Falkirk in May 2009 to ensure our relegation?

Michael Higdon

Question Number 8 - This ex Ross County and ICT player is now playing centre half for Dover Athletic.

Steve Watt?

Question Number 9 - How many ex-ICT players have captained their full international side?

Mihadjuks, Fetai, Niculae, MacSwegan, Hastings?  Make that five?

Question Number 10 - Name the best 11 players who have played for Ross County and Inverness.

Depends what you describe as best!  I'd say - 

Nicky Walker; Ross Tokey, Grant Munro, Stuart Golabek, Richard Hastings; Barry Wilson, Richie Hart, Iain Vigurs; Graham Bayne, Stevie Hislop, Gary MacSwegan (at least he was capped!)

Apart from the transfer window, the next few weeks could be quite lean on this site. So let's start our own game.

Question Number 1 - Mark Brown is known for his inability to save penalties but against which leading team did he keep ICT level with a top penalty save? Rangers

Question Number 3 - This former ICT Midfielder joined a Saudia Arabian team and then returned to his roots? Ritchie Hart

Question Number 4 - Which ICT player was Ian McCall describing ...'' without a doubt the best distributor of a ball from defence, bar none" Blobby Mann

Question Number 5 - Name the four Robertson's to have been on the ICT books. John, Wilson, Hugh, Sandy

Question Number 6 - How many MacDonalds have been on the books as opposed to Campbells? Seven to Nil

Question Number 7 - Who scored the winner for Falkirk in May 2009 to ensure our relegation? Higdon

Question Number 8 - This ex Ross County and ICT player is now playing centre half for Dover Athletic. Steven Watt

Question Number 9 - How many ex-ICT players have captained their full international side? One

Question Number 10 - Name the best 11 players who have played for Ross County and Inverness. Cant be bothered

Whats the prize?

Alex

Correct in most respects like Renegade but

Q1 - Celtic when Juanjo was sent off. I am not aware Mark had ever saved a penalty although a few seconds after saving it Celtic scored from the ball not being cleared. 

Q6 - is surprisingly 7-0

Q9 is Marius Nicolae as far as I know. He is actually scoring quite a few goals and is the only player through our books with a transfer worth in excess of £2m if things are to be believed. 

Q10 is quite surprising with them considering they currently have two current ex ICT goal keepers. Brewster played for both teams too. 

The prize is for you to produce five more questions that demonstrate how far ICT has come in its short history!  

The prize is for you to produce five more questions that demonstrate how far ICT has come in its short history!  

What percentage of its history has ICT spent in the SPL? .....or...... What percentage of all league matches have been SPL matches.

One of the shadows produced a table (possibly on P&B) showing RCFC had won marginally more league points than ICT. I would have been too embarrassed to post that, given that nearly 300 ICT games were in the SPL.

Alex

Correct in most respects like Renegade but

Q1 - Celtic when Juanjo was sent off. I am not aware Mark had ever saved a penalty although a few seconds after saving it Celtic scored from the ball not being cleared. 

Q6 - is surprisingly 7-0

Q9 is Marius Nicolae as far as I know. He is actually scoring quite a few goals and is the only player through our books with a transfer worth in excess of £2m if things are to be believed. 

Q10 is quite surprising with them considering they currently have two current ex ICT goal keepers. Brewster played for both teams too. 

I did actually start to compile an answer to Q.10 but, bearing in mind that the question asked for 'best', I couldn't include Vigurs nor Fraser bur I did have Cowie, Rankin, Wilson, Tokely, Munro, Golabek, Hart and Duncan

1. During our time in Div 3 what was our biggest ever crowd?

2. Which ICT player scored a hat-trick against Aberdeen?

3. What was unusual about this match?

4. Who were the opponents for Alan Herchers testimonial?

5. Since coming into the Scottish senior leagues ICT have played the shadows 38 times and won 19. What is the aggregate number of goals scored in all those games.

Edited by Alex MacLeod
Sp.

How many players won a winner's medal for all three entities - Caledonian FC, Inverness Thistle FC and (Inverness) Caledonian Thistle FC - and in which tournaments?

Mike Noble? Captain of D3 winning ICT side in 1997. I think he was still at Thistle when they won the Highland League in 87 and the Q Cup in 88 and he had definitely gone to Caley by the time they won their very last trophies such as the 1994 North Cup.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

Which ICT player played a full match against the club whilst a signed player and not out on loan ?

Kyle Allison.  He played against ICT as a "guest player" a few years ago for Clach at Grant Street.  It was because the regular Clach goalie was on holiday at the time IIRC!

How many players won a winner's medal for all three entities - Caledonian FC, Inverness Thistle FC and (Inverness) Caledonian Thistle FC - and in which tournaments?

Mike Noble? Captain of D3 winning ICT side in 1997. I think he was still at Thistle when they won the Highland League in 87 and the Q Cup in 88 and he had definitely gone to Caley by the time they won their very last trophies such as the 1994 North Cup.

PMF said CC which i agree with but I have in my head also that Mikey Noble did the same but could be wrong....probably am.... :-)

Mike Noble? Captain of D3 winning ICT side in 1997. I think he was still at Thistle when they won the Highland League in 87 and the Q Cup in 88 and he had definitely gone to Caley by the time they won their very last trophies such as the 1994 North Cup.

PMF said CC which i agree with but I have in my head also that Mikey Noble did the same but could be wrong....probably am.... :-)