Andrew Shinnie

DavidG

I would fully expect it to be true. The likes of Aberdeen, Hearts, Dundee Utd etc will obviously be interested in an up and coming Scotland player who is far better than their current duds and on a lower wage. At least if he goes to a club like that we'll have him for the rest of the season, as they couldn't muster any sort of tempting transfer fee. But if he wants to leave I'd be much happier to see him take a step up in footballing terms rather than do a Johnny Hayes.

• Agree 1

It would be more of a surprise if the Dons were not interested.  My hope is he stays with ICT.  If not, I hope he stays in Scotland.  No use complaining about the quality of the SPL if you want the best players to leave for the lower divisions of English football.

Anyone know his feelings towards his old employers? Would he consider a contract from Sevco? As we all know even in SFL3 they are still paying the 2nd highest wages in the country

Except they aint allowed to sign anyone.

Shinnie aint going anywhere. Apathy at Aberdire, Dismality at Dundee or Mediocrity at Motherwell versus A Crack at Europe.

Anyone know his feelings towards his old employers? Would he consider a contract from Sevco? As we all know even in SFL3 they are still paying the 2nd highest wages in the country

They cant sign anyone in this window, but they can agree pre-contracts for players who are out of contract at the end of this season (Bosman) or even arrange transfers to be processed on 1st Sept. Nothing is preventing them from doing this - which I believe is wrong.

• Agree 1

They cant sign anyone in this window, but they can agree pre-contracts for players who are out of contract at the end of this season (Bosman) or even arrange transfers to be processed on 1st Sept. Nothing is preventing them from doing this - which I believe is wrong.

lets be honest. no spl player is going to be daft enough to sign a pre contract with sevco, at this time.

can you imagine the abuse theyd get?

lets be honest. no spl player is going to be daft enough to sign a pre contract with sevco, at this time.

Even Ryan McGowan wouldnt join them. He'd rather play football on the other side of the world than play for them, he isnt even that good. 

Even Ryan McGowan wouldnt join them. He'd rather play football on the other side of the world than play for them, he isnt even that good. 

Is this the same Ryan McGowan that bolted along the M8 to run his eye over a contract before rejecting the move before the last transfer window closed?

Edited by RiG

he rejected them the first time, and from what i remember he only went because hearts needed the money. in the end he rejected it to keep his international career alive.

hes going to china now and hes going to earn a tax free 1.2 million. lucky sh*t.

anyway mcgowans a different case because hed be going away to come back and play for rangers. (if this wild speculation is true which i doubt)

whereas if any spl player was to sign a pre contract with sevco theyd have to incur the wrath of their own fans for the next 6 months. would any spl player be dumb enough to do that? it would create a huge ammount of unrest within the club. a.shinnies a good lad, cant see him doing this. plus hes just got his first chance for scotland he isnt going to give that up (i hope) he should wait, and sign for a god championship side, or if he feels hes good enough sign a new contract play as well as he is and get the club some moneys.

• Agree 1

Guest Mahonio

There's a wee paragraph regarding Shinnie in todays Record stating that Andy is mulling over his 2yr extension but is more in favour of a 1 yr extension.

From Highland News website.....

Malpas, meanwhile, denied that SPL rivals Aberdeen had made a pre-contract swoop for their Scotland midfielder Andrew Shinnie, adding: "There's nothing happening that I am aware of. We are trying to retain our best players and get going again."

Aberdeen, don't think even if there is any truth in the rumour that they have much chance of getting AS. Afterall look at their player retention for guys like Fraser who wants to move down south because there is so much more money - if AFC cant afford to keep their 18 & 19 year olds then how can they expect to get a Scottish International!!! If he leaves it will be England or the OF, hence my comment above regarding 'The Orcs'

Aberdeen, don't think even if there is any truth in the rumour that they have much chance of getting AS. Afterall look at their player retention for guys like Fraser who wants to move down south because there is so much more money - if AFC cant afford to keep their 18 & 19 year olds then how can they expect to get a Scottish International!!! If he leaves it will be England or the OF, hence my comment above regarding 'The Orcs'

They got Hayes no problem .

Shinnie IMO is a better player and prospect than Hayes. That's not saying that I wouldn't like Jonny to still be in the ICT team, but Shinnie can go onto better things in football.

• Agree 1

Shinnie IMO is a better player and prospect than Hayes. That's not saying that I wouldn't like Jonny to still be in the ICT team, but Shinnie can go onto better things in football.

There two different kind of players though.

I can see Shinnie leaving for the Dons or Arabs, but I can't see Hearts bringing in anyone major for a while. With the players Aberdeen are losing it would be hardly surprising if Shinnie went there, the likes of Fraser leaving, Magennis and Mcginn will presumably be targets of clubs down south. but I agree I can't see any of the three buying him in Jan.

Source?

Mary Jane

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  She's good but not that good!!

I heard from someone close to Aberdeen about Andrew Shinnie at the start of the season and have heard again in the last few days that it will be announced after the game on the 19th.

After the season he has had so far though you would expect someone to come in with a bigger cheque book and take him to England,Aaron Doran i was told about 6 weeks ago that he was somebody Aberdeen were looking at closely,think either Hughes or Rae could be leaving at the end of the season and Aaron is seen as a replacement.

Is his contract up at the end of the season or does he have another year,i wasn't 100% sure