Scotty

Havent got the time to look through all the posts on here but I will proffer my words of wisdom. That has to be biggest disappointment that I can recall experiencing. I rarely feel "gutted" but did at the final whistle. I started having bad vibes the day before and kept on slapping maself cos I was having wave after wave of confidence and expectancy. I agree that there are loads of positives in that we got there, we are entertaining this season, we are in a great league position etc., etc.

Here goes fer a bollicking but I dont blame the players - I blame Terry and Mo who got the tactics and the selection all wrong. I felt that the players gave they had and here is the smileymometer - and it is based wholly on the semi final and nought else.

REGUERO :smile: :smile: :smile: The only thing that really baffled me was how he "behaved" during the penalty shoot out. After the second I wanted him to change but had NO confidence that he would save any kick. To me it was a PTSD flashback and there was a Fridge facing Alloa at Airdrie. Now I can appreciate that if ya stay on the spot you may have a chance of saving the down the middle attempt but even I had sussed that by penalty number two. Why didnt we have the eccentric Spanish antics - that must have been discussed prior to the game - NONSENSE

RAVEN :smile:  :smile:  :smile:  Made a few mistakes but they werent punished. Thought that he was carrying an injury late on or perhaps he was knackered.

MEEKINGS :smile:  :smile:  :smile:  :smile:  :smile:  My MOM

WARREN :smile:  :smile:  :smile:  :smile:  Again I felt that he did little wrong and looked the most likely from dead ball situations.

G.SHINNIE :smile:  :smile:  :smile:  :smile:  Thought that it was one of his best attacking games in an ICT shirt.

A.DORAN :smile:  :smile:  :smile:  Huge disappointment. Had an off day when he could have been a match winner.

TUDOR JONES :smile:  :smile:  :smile:  :smile:  Again worked his socks off and tried to play football. Why doesnt he put his frame in the box fer corners - even if it is front of the keeper.

DRAPER :smile:  :smile:  :smile:  Thought he was subdued and did not go forward as much as I would like him to

FORAN :smile:  :smile:  :smile:  Was he carrying a knock or did he pick one up. He was so, so lucky not to be red carded and sometimes he was more interested in berating than watching the ball. He should have been hooked a lot earlier.

A.SHINNIE :smile:  :smile:  :smile:  :smile:  Thought that he could have been utilised a lot more effectively when they went down to ten men.

B.McKAY :smile:  :smile:  Well he probably cost us the game in the end.

ROBERTS :smile:  :smile:  I suppose that theoretically he cost us the game. He was having an absolute mare apart from the through ball to Shane. But as soon as he strode up the pitch I had that negative gut feeling. WHY THE FECK WAS HE CHOSEN BY TB - It was OBVIOUS that he was having a bad day. AND WHY DIDNT THE LIKES OF RAVEN, WARREN, DRAPER take on the responsibility

SUTHERLAND :smile:  :smile:  :smile:  When he came on I though - good sub - stick him right up front alongside McKay and Shinnie in the hole and lets go fer it. And then we get him in the wide rite feckin TB stubborness nonsense.

I thought that we shaded it as the better team on the day - I thought that we should have won this in 90 minutes. BUT Terry and Mo simply do NOT have a Plan/System B and the continued "loyalty" to some players cost us a Hampden experience IMHO. Personally the game was shouting out fer a 4-3-3 and Nicky Ross.

Oddquine you are entitled to that opinion but I don't agree with it. If we had won I doubt this would even be getting a mention tbh

Likely not...but we didn't win and the 18 year old who lost it for us was a Marsella pick, endorsed by Terry,,,and not one of the homegrown youth players.  I feel for Roberts because I think that losing a match as a result of his failure is going to do bugger all for his confidence going forward....but I do wonder why he was picked to take the penalty  in the first place......I really do!

What makes you think that Roberts was picked to take a penalty?

Because the coach has to provide the referee with the five chosen players and the order in which they are going to take the kicks in.

McKay miss - I was in the Hearts end (long story!) and level with the 6 yard line. The ball was fractionally behind him (or he over-ran it, take your pick) which is why he had the extra touch rather than slide it into the empty net. That touch was a bit heavy, which let the defender get to the line.

I can't believe that we sprung the offside trap 3 times at that end and didn't score at least once.

And those having a go at Roberts - have a word with yourselves. At least he had the nuts to take one. His tactic was to do the stutter, hope that MacDonald went early and aim for the big space. Unfortunately, MacDonald stayed put, and that unnerved him.

Ach well, we could have won it, and probably should have won it. A bit more nous and using width at 11 v 10 could have done it, but I guess it was not to be.

I was in the Hearts end (long story!)

Go on, we've got time!

OK - long time subscribers will remember that pre 1994, Hearts were my big team, it's no big secret. And now they are my wee team, that's no secret either.

I was there with a mate who I had previously forced to watch a game at Tynecastle from our end. Saturday was payback. And it was one of the worst experiences I have had at a football match in a very long time.

And the really annoying thing? Hearts lost loads of poxy semi-finals when I was there supporting them!

I was in the Hearts end (long story!)

Go on, we've got time!

OK - long time subscribers will remember that pre 1994, Hearts were my big team, it's no big secret. And now they are my wee team, that's no secret either.

I was there with a mate who I had previously forced to watch a game at Tynecastle from our end. Saturday was payback. And it was one of the worst experiences I have had at a football match in a very long time.

And the really annoying thing? Hearts lost loads of poxy semi-finals when I was there supporting them!

Yer a feckin jinks!!!

Edited by Dewsburydude
  • Agree 1

Highlight for me at Easter Road (despite the agony of losing) had to be the wee guy in our end with the Hibs scarf supporting our team. I now find myself starting to like Hibs!

As for our boys in blue - you've all given us a fabulous season so far and we still have hope in both the Scottish Cup and League. You've all done us proud - TB, Mo and all our lads. So chin up please. Saturday is water under the Kessock Bridge. There are bigger prizes ahead of us to be won!!!

• Agree 1