ICT v Celtic Match thread

Of course this game is up fer the grabs - let's face it Cellic have individual talent and skill in abundance on that pitch but are showing that as a team they are strangers. The central defenders are also there for the taking. If we were playing lower lights today we would be up in arms. As ever I expect Lennon to get his troops out fer the kill from the off - and that is where we should do likewise - if we sit back we will suffer. I also feel that we should be more direct.

Celtic are the better team but I can't fault ICT too much.  A leader like Foran would have been a difference but they tried to compete.  It was just a case of Celtic having a few wayward geniuses that would be the best player in every SPL team but Celtic getting a chance.

Tactics and player-wise, I don't think ICT got it far wrong.  Just that difference in quality.  A few players switched on or switched off.

But it's Celtic.  You try your best and think of the next game.  It's always EMI v Factory Records.  Only one usually at the top of the charts bar the odd Blue Monday.

Four defeats in a row. Not good.

Lets face it our season has disintegrated and is really in danger of getting a lot worse. We have never had a better chance in our history to do something significant and we have blown it. I really do think that we have the players and the Option A system but we really are sadly lacking tactically and our system has been Sussed by most of the SPL and we simply don't have any other options. We have become too much of a tippy tappy team and when wee Billy isn't clicking we are fecked - but look at today -how the feck is he expected to deal with two big central defenders.

The subs are abysmal and to me that was one of the worst today - Doran was taking them to pieces down the rite - so we take on the derided and totally lacking in confidence Roberts - put him rite and swop Doran. And then we take on Shane on the wide rite and put Roberts in the hole - feck me !!

Can't wait fer the TB excuse today - probably the players or the atmosphere ?

Celtic are the better team but I can't fault ICT too much.  A leader like Foran would have been a difference but they tried to compete.  It was just a case of Celtic having a few wayward geniuses that would be the best player in every SPL team but Celtic getting a chance.

Tactics and player-wise, I don't think ICT got it far wrong.  Just that difference in quality.  A few players switched on or switched off.

But it's Celtic.  You try your best and think of the next game.  It's always EMI v Factory Records.  Only one usually at the top of the charts bar the odd Blue Monday.

That was Cellic Reserves !!

3-1 to Celtic is not a fair reflection of the game. A draw would have been a much fairer result. Our team played some good stuff but didn't get the breaks while Celtic did. There were a lot of good performances - Aaron Doran in particular. 

The real disappointment for me was the size of the home support (especially after deducting out the Celtic and County fans from the North and Main Stands). The size of our support was pathetic!! This was our first ever top-of-the-table clash - with probably our best ever team - and the size of our support was pitiful. Fair play to those who made the effort to be there - especially those in wheelchairs and their carers. For those who could have been there, who live locally, who were physically able and could afford admission - but chose rather to watch the game on TV - shame on you!!!

• Agree 1