Butcher hits out at fans.

madsooz

Bit of an OG tbh.

If Eden court had a very passionate Manager who wanted to make it run as well as he could and was disappointed that  it wasnt always full, I dont think  telling the public that they dont deserve to have a theater in Inverness would be the answer but I would have to have access to the whole conversation  as it may just be taken out of context to make a better story.

The ironic thing is, considering  it was an absolutely miserable wet and windy night  with hardly any away fans  I thought the attendance wasnt that bad.  Kenny  who manages another of the smaller SPL clubs summed it up pretty well.

Its a bit of a storm in a tea cup  or perhaps more of  a storm in a stadium. 

• Agree 3

If I had my way, those sitting in the areas designated for home support who then abuse the home team and management on a match day should be removed by the stewards and dumped into the areas designated for the away support.  The only people who benefit from their ill considered behaviour is the away team so they might as well sit there.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but in my view, this is the place to express it.  I certainly don't agree with everything the manager does and have been very critical of him at times.  But at least on the website you can make your point in a civilised way and debate the issues.  Offering constructive criticism is actually a supportive thing to do because it allows those that the criticism is aimed at to consider a different point of view. 

And just a brief word on booing.  Someone said on another thread that the booing of Philip Roberts when he came on a sub was more to do with expressing displeasure at the fact that a substitution was being made at all.  Some will saying that booing at the end of the game on Wednesday was directed at the referee. What complete b*llocks.  When you are on the park and hear booing, that's all you hear.  You don't get a little message with it saying that it is directed at someone else.  It's ignorant and only serves to anger those who we should be supporting. 

No doubt there are those who will say that we pay good money to be entertained and if those being paid don't deliver the goods then we have every right to boo.  I understand that point of view but what purpose does it serve?  Will it help them play better next time?  No.  Will it encourage them to stay at the club? No.  If the performance doesn't warrant staying to cheer them of the park then just stay silent.  The lack of applause will make it clear to them that they've let the fans down - that's quite enough without having abuse hurled at them.

• Agree 8

DD I agree with all you say on this. I can't see TB reacting like that to plain criticism so I'm assuming it was abusive and if it was the club should look at it. People booing our own players is just embarassing for the rest of us and it's not "just lads being silly" if its picked up by the media and used to make us look bad.

Sad to see us once again on TV for the wrong reasons. TB was aked the question and gave his view right or wrong, as he's entitled to. Then BBC Scotland wandered into the town and asked the first three folk they found about club attendances....another highly professional disection of the biggest problem in the Scottish game - not.

Outside the OF every club ground has acres of empty seats, it's just the way it is now. We go to TCS while back in town they sit in the pubs in their OF tops watching Man Utd cuff Fulham or some other Premier League no hoper. I wish I knew the answer to it.

• Agree 1

Clearly the crowd against Killie was unusually low and is  probably one of the lowest at TCS in the SPL. We all want the club to maintain their good form and stay near the top off the table but the players are sure to get dejected when the stadium is only a third full.  I can totally understand TB comments. I think extra effort from the fans is needed at out next home game.

Maybe someone should explain to TB (talks bollox) that the reason nobody goes to the games is the fact most people in Inverness find the existence of this club a total disgrace. Someone should tell him the team he manages was formed against the will of the vast majority of true Caledonian fans and that's why the only people desperate enough to follow them are incomers to the town and menopausal fat women. ICT could be around for 200 years and they'd never recreate the atmosphere and history of the mighty Caledonian fc and any former fans of Caley who disagree with me should hang their heads in shame.

Maybe someone should explain to TB (talks bollox) that the reason nobody goes to the games is the fact most people in Inverness find the existence of this club a total disgrace. Someone should tell him the team he manages was formed against the will of the vast majority of true Caledonian fans and that's why the only people desperate enough to follow them are incomers to the town and menopausal fat women. ICT could be around for 200 years and they'd never recreate the atmosphere and history of the mighty Caledonian fc and any former fans of Caley who disagree with me should hang their heads in shame.

post-5792-0-31114700-1360963718_thumb.jp

• Agree 1

:laugh:

That is absolutely feckin disgraceful from Butcher and sorry but pure narcissism. He is going down the pan in my estimation. IT NEVER HAS ANYTHING TO DO BUT WITH FECKIN HIM. That stoopid, pathetic outburst totally smells of denial and projection and will be a ready used excuse fer feckin off in the summer. Fer fecks sake TB - start taking some of the blame and the responsibility. Be a feckin MAN - that does not mean flattening yer critics - it means taking a portion of the feckin blame , shouldering it and protecting yer players. :yellowcard:

• Agree 2

Clearly the crowd against Killie was unusually low and is  probably one of the lowest at TCS in the SPL. We all want the club to maintain their good form and stay near the top off the table but the players are sure to get dejected when the stadium is only a third full.  I can totally understand TB comments. I think extra effort from the fans is needed at out next home game.

Let me know what train you'll be on from Yorkshire, son, and I'll pick you up at the station :lol:  :lol:

Hey come off it IHE that is not like you, If you can use your favoured media to slag TB off then TB can use whatever means he likes to slag back.

Anyway you must admit there is a lot of truth  in what he says, yes the truth may hurt but it works both ways.

Look at our position in the league, look at the quality of football we are playing. TB and his team are doing the best job any managing team has ever done for ICT and ultimately TB must take responsibility for that. If he thinks a wake up call to the Inverness public is the right thing to do then I for one will back him.

Look at what the current feeling of frustration is doing to you, so what the f do you think it is doing to him. A little less pseudophsyochoanalyssis from you and a bit more encouragement for the man leading your team would be more fitting at a time when the team is in most need of it.

Enjoy the match tomorrow.......... :cheer01:

picard-facepalm-o.gif

post-4861-0-77609000-1360966492.jpg

post-4861-0-99633000-1360966615.jpg

• Agree 1

You are missing the point as usual !! There is a fair modicum in truth in what he says but the media is not the place to air it and it is a clear attempt to project the blame. There is no in depth psychology about it. And again I have never slagged off TB - I have always pointed out his many positives but have tried to highlight his faults. He should not be "slagging back" fer fecks sake. He is losing the support fer fecks sake.

How about - " I can appreciate the frustration of the fans but find the abuse difficult to deal with. I may have made some tactical misjudgements recently but I have learned from harsh lessons. Some of the players have let me and the fans down with some preformances and are as frustrated, if not more, than the support that we are out of two cups when we had enough chances to win all of the last five games. We need your patience and your support even more in the coming weeks."

You are talking absolute rubbish, and it only goes to prove the underlying problem with poor attendance. Proper football fans go to see live football. There is a hard core of 3000 fans who support INVERNESS. It is now time to drop Caledonian and Thistle and just call our team Inverness FC. I guarantee that the 3000 will still turn up, and I am sure it would encourage more fans to turn up. We should be proud of how Terry, Maurice and the  team are performing. I would liked to have watched Man U. and Real , but supporting Inverness was more important to me. 

Edited by redandblack
  • Agree 3