The "Signed Up For Next Season" Thread

Renegade

It's heading to that time again for the contracts to be signed up and the anticipation and trepidation starts as to who will be sign up and who might be offski.

As far I'm aware, the following players are signed up for next season:

Signed up till the end of season 2013-14:

• Ryan Esson
  • Billy McKay
  • Richie Foran

(Butcher and Malpas are also in this category)

Signed up till the end of season 2014-15:

• Josh Meekings 
  • Nick Ross  
  • Gary Warren
  • Graeme Shinnie

Joining next season:

• Ben Greenhalgh

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The following players are out of contract at the end of this season:

• Andrew Shinnie
  • David Raven
  • Owain Tudur Jones
  • Ross Draper
  • Antonio Reguero
  • Simon King
  • Daniel Devine
  • Aaron Doran
  • Shane Sutherland
  • Gavin Morrison
  • Chris Hogg

Loan deals expire at the end of this season:

• Charlie Taylor
  • Philip Roberts
  • Jordan Gibbons

Deals unknown:

• Scott Mathieson
  • Martin Laing
  • Liam Polworth
  • Conor Pepper
  • Matthew Cooper

Not really that many players signed up so far.  Hopefully some people will be able to shed more light to those that are unknown and I'll update the list accordingly, and also when new deals and decisions are announced.

Besides that though, who would you keep and who would you punt?

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1

KEEP

• Andrew Shinnie
  • David Raven
  • Owain Tudur Jones
  • Ross Draper
  • Antonio Reguero
  • Daniel Devine
  • Aaron Doran
  • Shane Sutherland
  • Gavin Morrison
  • Scott Mathieson
  • Martin Laing
  • Liam Polworth
  • Conor Pepper
  • Matthew Cooper

Getting rid of the three loanees Taylor, Gibbons and Roberts as well as Hogg and King.

Edited by ICTPAISLEY

Apparently Raven and Draper are very close to signing (or have signed) new contracts.

That would be fantastic.  Two of my favourite players this season.  Out of our starting back 4 or G. Shinnie, Meekings, Warren and Raven, how refreshing it would be to have them all signed up for the next season by March.  We've had such a high turnover of defenders in recent years.

• Agree 1

It's funny isn't it?  When Raven first started, almost everyone (myself included) thought he was trash!  Now he's one of our most consistent players!

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 6

Sorry to put a dampener on the raven ravings, but in the last two games his distribution has been gash, lots of poor passes and aimless punts to nobody, hope he sorts it out!

Hope they keep King as well, as long as his injury isn't too bad.  Seemed to be a fixture in the team before that.  King and Warren would be solid, with Meekings in there too (well, we can't just go with two defenders).

Sorry to put a dampener on the raven ravings, but in the last two games his distribution has been gash, lots of poor passes and aimless punts to nobody, hope he sorts it out!

:laugh: Wasn't it a pest that he got his head in the way of the ball on Saturday...............bloody nuisance :sad:

Ach, caley100 just needs a hate figure, for Raven read Hastings, now where's oats when you need him :ohmy:

• Agree 1

Draper deal not signed yet but looks pretty close:

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/Draper-set-to-stay-with-ICT-04032013.htm

"Talks have been going for a while and if I’m honest it’s going to get sorted in the next couple of weeks for another year," said the 24-year-old.

"It’s not certain yet, but it’s progressing nicely.

:smile:

delighted to hear Draper is one of the players set to re-sign with us. He's been a great signing for Butcher and has been one of our best players so far this season

Delighted to hear we are getting more of the lads signed up. We've built a lot of our good form in the past on keeping the same set of players for as long as possible. 

Agreed with Renegade about Raven, thought he was gash at the start of the season but he has won me over, one of our most underrated players at present, solid and consistent, cant ask for much better in a defender. 

I would keep most of the current squad, bar the loan signings and id probably let Hogg and King go. Its unfortunate that injury has disrupted their time here but in Warren, Meekings and Devine we have 3 good centre backs, dont think we have the luxury for more than that, the money freed up by them going could be better spent elsewhere. 

It will be ironic if Tel lets Chris Hogg go after sticking with him for so long, especially if he is reaching full fitness again.  I've a feeling Tel will stick with him and let King go. Isn't Devine on loan? Therefore he could well be offski at the end of the season anyway.

It will be ironic if Tel lets Chris Hogg go after sticking with him for so long, especially if he is reaching full fitness again.  I've a feeling Tel will stick with him and let King go. Isn't Devine on loan? Therefore he could well be offski at the end of the season anyway.

Having had another think about it what would be the point in letting Hogg go if thats him just getting back to full fitness.  That would have been a waste of a years wage.  After playing in the U20s match i would like to see him get some more match fitness before the end of the season, and if he is injury free then i'd give him a 6 month deal to run him over until January and see what he has in him.

• Agree 1

He was freed by Fleetwood Town after a spell on loan to Wrexham.

Wrexham wanted to sign him but he knocked them back to sign for us.. His performances so far have been excellent, has good potential and looks to have settled very quickly. I hope he can stay.

:laugh: Wasn't it a pest that he got his head in the way of the ball on Saturday...............bloody nuisance :sad:

Ach, caley100 just needs a hate figure, for Raven read Hastings, now where's oats when you need him :ohmy:

Im still here, i didnt hate Hastings, i had one Corkies fueled rant at his inability to run and pass at the same time and politely asked him to return from where he came :lol: that was a log time ago, i have mellowed a fair bit since then.

Edited by mikeyrob73
  • Agree 1

If Devine stays it might limit the opportunities for both Hogg and King despite both being more experienced, so it will be difficult decision but it would look like one of our unsigned defenders will be moving on.

To be honest I would be happy with Warren, Meekings, Hogg and Devine as CBs for next season. Whether Hogg and make his way back to the first team and recapture his best form remains to be seen. I certainly hope he does.

Anyone even know what is wrong with King? I cant remember the last time I saw him in the team

I think Rugero will be away, as will King. Shane is a continual bench warmer and sadly think he will be released but no sure about Morrison as he hasnt really had much of a first team chance.

Anyone know whats the next generation of young players like - have we anyone in our youth teams as good as those on the bench to step up?

Im still here, i didnt hate Hastings, i had one Corkies fueled rant at his inability to run and pass at the same time and politely asked him to return from where he came :lol: that was a log time ago, i have mellowed a fair bit since then.

F**k of back to the pub!  :tongue:

No....he signed for us till end of season "for footballing reasons"

Having had another think about it what would be the point in letting Hogg go if thats him just getting back to full fitness.  That would have been a waste of a years wage.  After playing in the U20s match i would like to see him get some more match fitness before the end of the season, and if he is injury free then i'd give him a 6 month deal to run him over until January and see what he has in him.

Personally I think that the club, possibly with input from Butcher, kept Hogg on the books because he was injured in the services of the club and to give his family some security during his rehabilitation. Whether or not he's kept on will depend on whether he fits into Butchers current plans and whether he is fully recovered from his injury. It would be a very callous club that would let him, or any other player, go under similar circumstances.

In the new setup its envisaged that there will be more mid week games so the more defenders we can afford the better the chances we have. If Both Hogg and King prove to be back to full fitness then I'd like to see them stay along with fit ones we have.