The "Signed Up For Next Season" Thread

Renegade

Keep all squad together. I would re sign Charlie Taylor and Phillip Roberts. Undecided on Gibbons as only seen him in one U20.

Sorry but are you genuine.? Roberts is the most Pish player we've ever had.

Maybe not the best but that comment is just ridiculous and don't forget, he is still a youngster. He does have fair bit of skill but needs to improve his workrate and the defensive side of the game.

Keep all squad together. I would re sign Charlie Taylor and Phillip Roberts. Undecided on Gibbons as only seen him in one U20.

I thought Phillip Roberts was decent in the Oct-Dec period. After Semi final he's faded since that penalty miss. He definitely has potential, I mean why would a team such as Arsenal sign him if he didn't have any potential. Robert's position is a striker and he's played with us on wings, give the boy a chance in his natural position then make judgement. Robert's is currently injured at the moment aswell hence his absence. 

To say he's "most pish player we've ever had" Very harsh comment to make, you'd be singing his praises if he scored the penalty at Easter Road and won that shoot-out!

Edited by ICTRoughi

So as things stand:

Signed up till the end of season 2013-14:

• Ryan Esson
  • Richie Foran
  • Ross Draper
  • Conor Pepper

(Butcher and Malpas are also in this category)

Signed up till the end of season 2014-15:

• Josh Meekings 
  • Nick Ross  
  • Gary Warren
  • Graeme Shinnie
  • Billy McKay
  • Daniel Devine
  • David Raven

Joining next season:

• Ben Greenhalgh

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The following players are out of contract at the end of this season:

• Andrew Shinnie
  • Owain Tudur Jones
  • Antonio Reguero
  • Simon King
  • Aaron Doran
  • Shane Sutherland
  • Gavin Morrison
  • Chris Hogg
  • Scott Mathieson

Loan deals expire at the end of this season:

• Charlie Taylor
  • Philip Roberts
  • Jordan Gibbons

Deals unknown:

• Martin Laing
  • Liam Polworth
  • Matthew Cooper
Edited by Renegade

I could live with bringing in Taylor full time.  He's looked pretty good every time I've seen him play and can play on the wing as well apparently.

Roberts is lazy.

Agree totally, he backs out of tackles and doesnt run with the ball. I know he is young but he should be loaned to a lower team first..

your right i would be singing, but I can only remember 2 games where he was good. Its not his fault that this quality is too much for him but he never really tries

I thought Phillip Roberts was decent in the Oct-Dec period. After Semi final he's faded since that penalty miss. He definitely has potential, I mean why would a team such as Arsenal sign him if he didn't have any potential. Robert's position is a striker and he's played with us on wings, give the boy a chance in his natural position then make judgement. Robert's is currently injured at the moment aswell hence his absence. 

To say he's "most pish player we've ever had" Very harsh comment to make, you'd be singing his praises if he scored the penalty at Easter Road and won that shoot-out!

I could live with bringing in Taylor full time.  He's looked pretty good every time I've seen him play and can play on the wing as well apparently.

Roberts is lazy.

Agree totally, he backs out of tackles and doesnt run with the ball. I know he is young but he should be loaned to a lower team first..

Why do you think he is with us!.

I could live with bringing in Taylor full time.  He's looked pretty good every time I've seen him play and can play on the wing as well apparently. Roberts is lazy.

Agree totally, he backs out of tackles and doesnt run with the ball. I know he is young but he should be loaned to a lower team first.. Why do you think he is with us!.

Lower team than us

Nothing mentioned at all in regards to Sutherland and Morrison.  Take it they'll both be offski then.

If they were going to be kept on, I'd presume that they'd have been mentioned by now in the coverage and probably would have been signed up already.

Anyone genuinely see a future for Gav and Shane at the club though, much as they seem like decent lads I think the writing might be on the wall for the pair of them. Shane needs regular games in the right position to get the best out of him and Gav can't get ahead of Draper or OTJ. I'd be tempted to give Shane another 1 year deal just as back up or get him out on loan somewhere.

But he didnt score the penalty did he ? And if he did i wouldnt be singing his praises. Are you suggesting that if McKay, the Shinnies or OTJ missed the penalties I would be slagging them? No. They have been a big help this season. Roberts has been utter pish and who knows how the hell he plays for Arsenal. Couldnt get a game for Golspie Sutherland.

Dean McDonald played at Arsenal when he was about Roberts' age.  He may have potential (and I believe he could be a good player if he wanted to be), but whether he is being out of position or not, he's hardly looked interested.

Dean McDonald played at Arsenal when he was about Roberts' age.  He may have potential (and I believe he could be a good player if he wanted to be), but whether he is being out of position or not, he's hardly looked interested.

Yeah exactly, he never runs at players and never tackles, hes a wimp and that wont help you when yourbplaying at any level

Guest Mahonio

I would be inclined to let both Shane and Gavin leave, Gavin for the same reason as mentipnef above and Shane for the same reason, its not fair on the boy to only gey reserve matches and regular sub appearances.

Wouldn't be too disappointed it both stayed, mind you.

Shane and Gavin are no longer youngsters really...certainly not in this team. They are good squad players but i really dont see them amounting to anything more than that.

Ive been informed that Roberts has already returned to Arsenal.

Edited by ajsict92

No real debate about the loan players as they will all be going back. Gavin and Shane should be off if they are seriously thinking about their own careers?. A.Shinnie is defo on his way and Tenpole is waiting for interest from elsewhere. We have really supported Hogg and King but can't see either staying unless Hogg gets a coaching position. Reguero sounds as if there has been a fall out.

Although I don't agree TB will be trawling the lower English leagues again and you can't argue against that given the success this season - unfortunately any of the yoof will be squad players.

Doran is the one that I feel is important to sign.

So as things stand:

Signed up till the end of season 2013-14:

• Ryan Esson
  • Richie Foran
  • Ross Draper
  • Conor Pepper

(Butcher and Malpas are also in this category)

Signed up till the end of season 2014-15:

• Josh Meekings 
  • Nick Ross  
  • Gary Warren
  • Graeme Shinnie
  • Billy McKay
  • Daniel Devine
  • David Raven

Joining next season:

• Ben Greenhalgh

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The following players are out of contract at the end of this season:

• Andrew Shinnie
  • Owain Tudur Jones
  • Antonio Reguero
  • Simon King
  • Aaron Doran
  • Shane Sutherland
  • Gavin Morrison
  • Chris Hogg
  • Scott Mathieson

Loan deals expire at the end of this season:

• Charlie Taylor
  • Philip Roberts
  • Jordan Gibbons

Deals unknown:

• Martin Laing
  • Liam Polworth
  • Matthew Cooper

I know it's a rubbish source but according to Football Manager 2013, Martin Laing's contract is up in May and Liam Polworth and Matthew Cooper are here till the end of season 2013-2014.

Edited by ICTRoughi

Hope that's correct! Would be happy to have Polworth and Cooper in the squad for next season. I've never seen Martin Laing playing, so I don't know about him! As well as it's going for us regarding re-signing players, we're still around 14 players 'light' for a squad for next season at this time!

What's the situation regarding the Georgian fellow in the U20s?  From what I remember, he hasn't officially signed up, rather training with the younger players since being released by Dinnington Town.

From what I've seen of this guy, he looks the business.  We should sign him up for next season I reckon.