ICT Fans XI v ICT Legends & Friends

davie

ICT fans XI v ICT Legends & Friends XI

Come along on sunday to watch the match the weather never wanted you to see! A legends and friends XI including Charlie Christie, Jimmy Calder, Barry Wilson, Stuart Golabek, Al Hercher and others managed by Mike Noble are taking on a fans XI at Tulloch Caledonian Stadium at 1:30pm. If you want to know all of the legends that are playing, you'll just have to come along! It's organised by ICTFC and Caley Jags Together and sponsored by The Castle Tavern, MacDougall & Hastie, Paul Cumming and The Innes Bar. Entry is free, but Caley Jags Together would appreciate a donation which will be used to promote ICTFC and its fans throughout the Highlands.

Entry is through the away players entrance and the main stand will be open on the day. The sports bar will also be open for the duration of the game for food & drinks.

This is the first match of its kind that we have organised, and all of the fans have paid for the chance to play on the pitch against a legends side full of ICT heroes and we need you to come along and create an atmosphere that they won't forget. We can't promise SPL quality football (well I can't anyway!) but we can promise you a laugh and a bit of nostalgia on a football free weekend. We'd be really chuffed if you could come.

Davie Balfour

Chairman, Caley Jags Together

• Agree 1

I have been looking forward to this match since the idea was first mentioned way back in august.

Its been a wait worth having and i know itll be a great day on a 'football free' weekend.

Even if you cant make the game yourself, spread the word. Your bound to know someone who is up for a laugh...

Are there any plans to film this for those of us who can't make it?

Absolutely, all being well we'll have two main cameras, a roaming camera and also cameras behind the goals....maybe a couple of others as well.

If anyone has a decentish digital slr (or similar) and would like to assist with match photography then let us know.

Our intention is to give the players as close to the full pro matchday experience as possible, so pre/post match interviews etc. will also be done.  As will some video/photos from the fans (pro?) training session.

• Agree 3

Gutted to miss tonight's training, but to try and get from snowy aberdeen and back around my working hours is pretty impossible tonight.

Plus, the last training session I came through I ended up bringing near biblical rainfall with me which postponed the legends game days later! So by staying through here tonight, the weather will be fine...

• Agree 1

I can confirm that Ryan Esson and Gary Warren are sadists. At least the press up victims thought so. A good session tonight, and some lessons learned for sunday. We'll be ok if we keep our shape and talk to each other. All fans be at TCS by 1:00 pm at the latest - we have a game plan to talk over. Seriously, many thanks to Ryan And Gary for giving up their own time to support the fans side. Quality.

Your legs will be fine for tomorrow matey. Not to mention it's quite likely to be rolling subs with plenty chance to rest them tired limbs.

The weather seems to be on our side so far. The forecast doesnt seem to want to mess us about this time, although there may be disruption from the many many hundreds of fans travelling up from the South to witness this match.

I reckon by tomorrow I might have thawed out from last night's Scotland game...

Ach well, you can thaw, refreeze and become quite consolidated ross! My pace is glacial already, so if I froze I doubt if anyone would notice. Seriously though, we should be alright. No snow to speak of and the wind is doing a good job of keeping the worst of the frost off. Fingers crossed.......and it would be great to see a few hardy souls coming along tomorrow for an afternoon's entertainment and showing your support for ICT and Caley Jags Together. The more who come along, the more we raise.

Great day at TCS and everyone I spoke to enjoyed themselves....despite the cold weather.

Final score was 6-2 to the Legends, but I think it's only right we declare it a draw with the Legends winning the first half and the Fans winning the second half.

So many people to thank for chipping in and helping....so I won't try and list them all for fear of missing anyone, just know that it was appreciated.

Special mention to the ICT Chairman, Kenny Cameron, for pulling on a shirt and making an appearance for the fans team....and doing so despite a shoulder injury, so don't anyone tell his osteopath!!!

• Agree 5

I too cant wait to see the highlights.

Sone decent play and us fans didnt deserve to be 3 behind. The penalty for their second seemed very soft.

Interesting to see if my goal crossed the line. Barry Wilson said it didnt, but the end of the day the linesman gave it, so i'm not too fussed!!!

Keeper Jamie Fraser was a deserving man of the match, although Ross, Colin, Don and Struan were also stand out performers in my opinion.

Delighted Davie got on the score sheet also.

Had the final ball been a little better, it could have so easily have been a draw... (he says under his breath)

• Agree 3