ICT Fans XI v ICT Legends & Friends

davie

From my position in the stand near the half way line, I could just see over the rim of my plastic pint `glass` that the ball was clearly over the line.

A fantastic afternoon`s entertainment. Thank you  to all those that made this happen. 

Teams and scorers anyone?

LEGENDS:

Jim Calder, Charlie Christie, Barry Wilson, Alan Hercher, Danny MacDonald, Scott Kellacher, Colin Mitchell, Mike Sanderson, Bruce McGraw, Ross Jack, Gary Watt, Steve Mitchell, Dean Bowern, John Robertson, Mike Noble

FANS:

GK: Jamie Fraser

Def: Davy Brown, Dom Thompson, Alan Mair, Ian McCallum

Mid: Struan Balfour, Mikey Martin, Ross Paterson, Stephen Cameron

For: Rob Wilson, Colin Clellend

Subs: Davie Balfour, Jamie MacKinnon, Andrew MacDonald, Jack Davis

Special Guest Appearence: Kenny Cameron

It was a cracking day and all the fans got pretty decent time on the park. Everyone enjoyed themselves thoroughly and all are up for a repeat next season.

Jamie Fraser kept the score down with a string of magnificent saves and was deserving of winning the Man of the Match award.

Dom did very well at the back also and would have been up there for nomination too.

All the fans side gave it their best effort, and those that turned up to watch the event also seemed to have a good time (although that may have been because the sports bar was open throughout the contest.)

• Agree 1

Anybody got any info on Mike Sanderson, Bruce McGraw & Dean Bowern! I'm pretty sure they are not ex-players so I imagine they are "friends". What is their link to the club?

PS Sounds like a good day! Looking fwd to the highlights

Edited by BornCaley

Anybody got any info on Mike Sanderson, Bruce McGraw & Dean Bowern! I'm pretty sure they are not ex-players so I imagine they are "friends". What is their link to the club?

I remember Bruce McGraw and Mike Sanderson playing for us in the early days but I'm afraid I don't know who Dean Bowern is!

6-2 to the Legends

I believe scorers were.....

LEGENDS

Scott Kellacher
Alan Hercher
Mike Sanderson
Alan Hercher
Barry Wilson
Mike Sanderson

FANS

Rob Wilson

Davie Balfour

Danny Macdonald got the 5th goal not Barry. Are we not getting the 7th goal that gave Herchie his hattrick!

Bruce McCraw (not McGraw) scored 2 on his debut against Arbroath in October of the club's first season. He put Caley Thistle ahead in 25 mins and then Arbroath pummelled us for virtually the rest of the game which was played in a thick mist. They equalised in the second half and we feared the worst.

Eventually  the rain came on and killed off the mist, and in 92 mins, in a rare CT breakaway, McCraw was put through and scored the winner at the Codona end to the joy of the dozen or so CT fans gathered behind the goals.

Bruce never scored for Caley Thistle again...... he had a handful of games that season but then moved on (where?). He had a couple of seasons at Clach.

Sergei's team that day (and as usual he used none of the subs):

Mark McRitchie

Dave Brennan

Mike Andrew (Chunky)

Sergei Baltacha

Mark McAllister

John Scott

Graeme Bennett (Grassa)

Martin Lisle (Zico)

Norman Macmillan (Spineless Norman)

Colin Mitchell (Coco)

Bruce McCraw

subs:

Jim Calder

David Buchanan

Steven MacDonald (Biscuits)

Edited by TheMantis

To cheer me up from this Scotland result, please say the highlights and pictures from sunday are soon to be published online ;)

Edited by RossP

I have no reason to greet like Frank Lampard or Leigh Griffiths, cause my effort was clearly over the line and correctly spotted by the lino.

There's weren't even close :wink:

• Agree 1

6-2 to the Legends

I believe scorers were.....

LEGENDS

Scott Kellacher

Alan Hercher

Mike Sanderson

Alan Hercher

Barry Wilson

Mike Sanderson

FANS

Rob Wilson

Davie Balfour

Danny Macdonald got the 5th goal not Barry. Are we not getting the 7th goal that gave Herchie his hattrick!

Was there not one disallowed?  Hard to keep track when watching through a 2 inch screen and only had a quick skim through the video to get those.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...