ICTFC U20s

TopSix

Following discussion between both clubs and acting in the best interest of the players, tomorrow's U20's match versus Hearts at the TCS has been shifted to a 2:00pm kick off.

The club have asked that I pass on their apologies for any inconvenience caused by this change.

Following discussion between both clubs and acting in the best interest of the players, tomorrow's U20's match versus Hearts at the TCS has been shifted to a 2:00pm kick off.

The club have asked that I pass on their apologies for any inconvenience caused by this change.

Cheers CaleyD! 

As the post above says it was 2-0 to ICT in a dominant performance from the U20s.

The first half was pretty uneventful in truth with both teams attacking each other but struggled to find the net.

The second half started off much more livelier than the first with Ali Sutherland popping up to score an opener for ICT. I felt that Adam Evans had a good game today and the thing I like about Evans is that he can hold the ball up well but I felt he could have benefited with a second striker up front with him. As time was rolling on Evans eventually got subbed and we brought on Jamie Wilson. I thought he had a good game while he came on with some bright spells and eventually getting on the scoresheet to make it 2-0 to ICT.

Nick Ross and Danny Williams both played today and I thought that Williams had the better game of the two. Williams played in the holding midfield role and I think he is starting to get used to it now. he was bursting with so much energy through the middle - Yogi will be happy with that!

Nick Draper had the best of games that I have seen of him since he joined. He made two excellent acrobatic saves to keep a clean sheet today - I can see what Marsella liked about him.

Despite the score today I thought that Hearts passed the ball well along the deck but I think defensively we were much better than them. Hearts had Paul McCallum (West Ham Loanee) up front but I thought Matthew Cooper and Jason Brown contained him very well and he didn't trouble them much.

Overall good home performance for the U20s today!

• Agree 5

We stared out with a 4-2-3-1 formation Draper, C Brown Cooper J Brown Howarth, Williams Polworth, Sutherland Christie Ross, Evans. Bench: Mackay, Wilson, Rennie, McCarthy. 

The first half was battled in the centre of the park with ICT dominating it creating good passages of play just not being able to hit the final shot, where as Hearts when they had the ball always seemed to make the most of it, even with Heart's striker Paul MacCallum (on loan from West Ham), Hearts couldn't break through our defence. By the looks of it when it came to corners or other set pieces that we were defending Duncan Shearer wanted Cooper to be taking control and make sure everyone was where they were suppose to be. The first half ended 0-0 with both teams needing to regroup and see how they could score.

The second half started and ICT dominated from the start, 15 minutes into the second half Ali Sutherland finished off a great footballing goal and netting from 12 yards out, ICT then went onto control the rest of the second half, on the 74th minute Jamie Wilson (who had come on for Adam Evans just before) made a darting run into the box and netted after a through ball into the box by Sutherland (i think) and netted from 6 yards. Near the end of the game Hearts starting pushing and without our keeper Nick Draper then chances are they might have gotten a consolation goal. Draper had a great game and in the last 10 minutes he made 2/3 outstanding saves.

It finished 2-0 ICT with a lot of positives from it, the young lads a few might not do much after us but there were a few who played brilliantly. From the first team we had Danny Williams and Nicky Ross and contrary to what ICTRoughi has said i feel Nicky had the better game, he was mainly covering Calum Howarth who was playing at LB while still trying to push forward, where as i feel Williams could have been better played on the wing instead of the holding midfield role but they both had a really good engine but i think when Williams was subbed he wasn't too happy about it cause he didn't even look at Shearer where as the rest got handshakes from him when they came off.

Edited by caleydawson
  • Agree 1

We stared out with a 4-2-3-1 formation Draper, C Brown Cooper J Brown Howarth, Williams Polworth, Sutherland Christie Ross, Evans. Bench: Mackay, Wilson, Rennie, McCarthy.

The first half was battled in the centre of the park with ICT dominating it creating good passages of play just not being able to hit the final shot, where as Hearts when they had the ball always seemed to make the most of it, even with Heart's striker Paul MacCallum (on loan from West Ham), Hearts couldn't break through our defence. By the looks of it when it came to corners or other set pieces that we were defending Duncan Shearer wanted Cooper to be taking control and make sure everyone was where they were suppose to be. The first half ended 0-0 with both teams needing to regroup and see how they could score.

The second half started and ICT dominated from the start, 15 minutes into the second half Ali Sutherland finished off a great footballing goal and netting from 12 yards out, ICT then went onto control the rest of the second half, on the 74th minute Jamie Wilson (who had come on for Adam Evans just before) made a darting run into the box and netted after a through ball into the box by Sutherland (i think) and netted from 6 yards. Near the end of the game Hearts starting pushing and without our keeper Nick Draper then chances are they might have gotten a consolation goal. Draper had a great game and in the last 10 minutes he made 2/3 outstanding saves.

It finished 2-0 ICT with a lot of positives from it, the young lads a few might not do much after us but there were a few who played brilliantly. From the first team we had Danny Williams and Nicky Ross and contrary to what ICTRoughi has said i feel Nicky had the better game, he was mainly covering Calum Howarth who was playing at LB while still trying to push forward, where as i feel Williams could have been better played on the wing instead of the holding midfield role but they both had a really good engine but i think when Williams was subbed he wasn't too happy about it cause he didn't even look at Shearer where as the rest got handshakes from him when they came off.

It's really hard to compare a winger to a central midfielder because their individual roles are different. For me personally I felt that Danny Williams stood out more especially if you consider that central midfield isn't Williams natural position and you've got to credit his versatility to play that position very well. I understand where you're coming from when you say that Williams would be better on the wings because of his energy I get that but it would have been suited in Butchers attacking wing style of play. Using Yogi's narrow style of play, Williams done well getting the ball from deep and driving forward. In no way by stating Williams had the better game means that Nicky didn't stand out far from it. In terms of Nicky's individual performance he done really well trying to providing Adam Evans up front and swapping with Ryan Christie at times to keep the Hearts defenders on their toes. When you seen the left back overlap he didn't really need any significant defending to do.

Regarding Williams coming off and Shearer I wouldn't really read anything into that. I don't recall others interacting with Shearer.

The first half was battled in the centre of the park with ICT dominating it creating good passages of play just not being able to hit the final shot, where as Hearts when they had the ball always seemed to make the most of it, even with Heart's striker Paul MacCallum (on loan from West Ham), Hearts couldn't break through our defence. By the looks of it when it came to corners or other set pieces that we were defending Duncan Shearer wanted Cooper to be taking control and make sure everyone was where they were suppose to be. The first half ended 0-0 with both teams needing to regroup and see how they could score.

It's really hard to compare a winger to a central midfielder because their individual roles are different. For me personally I felt that Danny Williams stood out more especially if you consider that central midfield isn't Williams natural position and you've got to credit his versatility to play that position very well. I understand where you're coming from when you say that Williams would be better on the wings because of his energy I get that but it would have been suited in Butchers attacking wing style of play. Using Yogi's narrow style of play, Williams done well getting the ball from deep and driving forward. In no way by stating Williams had the better game means that Nicky didn't stand out far from it. In terms of Nicky's individual performance he done really well trying to providing Adam Evans up front and swapping with Ryan Christie at times to keep the Hearts defenders on their toes. When you seen the left back overlap he didn't really need any significant defending to do.

Regarding Williams coming off and Shearer I wouldn't really read anything into that. I don't recall others interacting with Shearer.

Yes they played different positions  but Nicky had to cover Howarth when he was tackled and lost the ball

Yes they played different positions but Nicky had to cover Howarth when he was tackled and lost the ball

Yeah I am not denying that he had to cover Howarth, it's common for a winger to cover a full back when they overlap the winger but in my opinion Nick Ross didn't need do any significant defending when he covered at left back.

Wow!  Can't believe Craig Moore has come all the way from Australia to play for Motherwell in the U20 League!  That's a lot of goals for a centre-back as well and he must be about 40 now!

Our next U20 home game is on Tuesday 22nd vs Dundee United at the TCS 6pm kick off. After that, we also have our final game of the season on Thursday 24th vs Dunfermline at the TCS 6pm kick off.

Our next U20 home game is on Tuesday 22nd vs Dundee United at the TCS 6pm kick off. After that, we also have our final game of the season on Thursday 24th vs Dunfermline at the TCS 6pm kick off.

Bump. Just a reminder that we have a U20 game at 6pm tonight at TCS vs Dundee United.