Serbia vs Scotland

KennySim93

We dont.  Sad but true.  Caldwell is far above Berra, Webster, Wilson etc. It was an experimental team and thats what we will need more of in the next few years.  Building a team like Wales have done, is more important than winning games.  Not gonna be great to watch though.

This result makes Scotland the first European team officially out of the World Cup.

Even San Marino, the Faroe Islands, Malta, & Andorra are not mathematically eliminated ..... how embarrassing.

• Agree 1

Come on lads lets keep up the blind optimism that we the Scottish national team supporters are renowned for. Lets not give up after a couple of trifling defeats to mediocre opposition. Lets continue to wallow, as usual,  in our triumph of hope over experience approach to the Scottish team.  It has stood us in good stead for over 20 years now and should last us another 20 years at least.  It also provides such great entertainment for so many people around the world to see such blind faith in operation,  game after game after game after game.

If you feel yourself getting a little bit down you can always sing the following ditty to yourself ( inspiration for it was taken from the time of one of our greatest displays on the world footballing stage )  - 

"We'er on the road with Gordies Army,  

we'er all going to Russia,

and we'll really shake them up,

when we win the World Cup,

Cos Scotland is the greatest football team".

Keep singing the last line of the song to yourself for about a year and you will find yourself believing in the team again, easy.

Och Aye the Noo !

• Agree 1

What i don't get is why most nations come on leaps and bounds, yet Scottish football stagnates/regresses. There is something fundamentally amiss with the game here. And another thing, in today's game in general...whatever happened to taking players on and trying to beat them. When i was younger, the ball was given to players who weren't afraid to run with the ball at their feet and try to bet players, and this would happen countless times through the game. Today...for the most part. Players, when faced with the opposition in front of them, would rather turn their back and pass their way out of the situation. 95% of the time this happens. No wonder my love for the game has waned over the years. I was spoilt as a kid watching Caley, a team who played with two attacking full backs, two wingers, two forwards, and centre halfs who loved to go on mazey runs forwards.

Watched the England game. :saythat:

It's been 20+ years since the national team were anything to get worked up about.

As for the phrase 'international break' appearing in the calendar...what's that about?! Internationals should be Wednesdays only.

Now, back to the best ever SPL.

alan hutton: spuds payed 9 million for him, villa payed 3 million for him.

charlie adam: liverpool payed 7 million for him, stoke payed 4 million for him.

english premier league clubs have forked out £23 million in total for those two? their both tragic, and arnt good enough in a scotland shirt imo.

these two should be our two stand out players but are they feck. huttons 28, adams 27. i see no reason to keep including them, play whittaker at right back hes a much stronger defender imo, and give someone like stuart armstrong whos 21 this year, david wotherspoon whos 23, or our own shinniesta whos 24 this year a chance ahead of adam. their younger, more willing, and the all round better choice at this moment.

id like to see bridcutt and hanley becoming fixtures in the side. hanleys a brute, hes only 22 this year and within 3 years he will be twice the player the likes of caldwell have ever been. liam bridcutt was, i thought, our best player last night, neat and tidy on the ball, and not scared of a challenge.

i have to wonder why george boyd was called up. hes 28 soon, so he hasnt got much of a future, he didnt look great at all, would it not be better to give a younger player a chance?

taking miller and burke on at the end was beyond me, burkes 29, whats he gonna do in a scotland jersey now? millers 105 or something. why not bring on gms?

wheres the plan for the future?

if the rest of the campaigns going to be using the same squad as this then we may aswell not try to qualify for euro 2016.

Edited by lukemackay