Cheerio Chuck

Kingsmills

Seems that Charles Green is to stand down as chief executive of Sevco.

The SPL has been a breath of fresh air this season without the union flag waving bigots. Scottish football as a whole will smell a lot sweeter once this buffoon who panders to racists and bigots departs the scene.

The SPL has been a breath of fresh air this season without the union flag waving bigots. Scottish football as a whole will smell a lot sweeter once this buffoon who panders to racists and bigots departs the scene.

But what will he do with his orange shirt? Will it fit anyone from Paisley, or is he paving the way for a veneer of respectability from the esteemed Walter or complete armageddon from QC Finlay? Will his "little" friend go with him. To paraphrase Angel Givet Ibrox is a cage full of madmen, none of whom can stand the other.

I'm almost (just almost) beginning to feel sorry for McCoist. On second thoughts.............................

Interesting - well, almost . . .

Once they get to the upper section of First Division I might take an interest in them. Until then I will turn attention back to Partick Thistle and the very real challenge they will be putting into our Division next season.

You are not a bigot because you wave the Union Flag. Millions of  Brits died for that flag over two world wars including many Scots. Have some respect.

• Agree 1

You are not a bigot because you wave the Union Flag. Millions of  Brits died for that flag over two world wars including many Scots. Have some respect.

Not how i read that Laurence, Kingmills said they were bigots who waved Union flags, not they were bigots BECAUSE they waved Union flags. 

With respect Laurence I did no say that the knuckle dragging brigade were bigots just because they sport union flags. While no unionist myself I respect the views of those who are. I have a great deal less respect for those who loudly proclaim the defence of the walls of a small city many miles from Govan.

I'm almost (just almost) beginning to feel sorry for McCoist. On second thoughts.............................

Oh no, I feel sorry for McCoist.  I think he's a rubbish manager (from the SPL times) but I think he only cares about the club.  Got a lot of respect for him.

With respect Laurence I did no say that the knuckle dragging brigade were bigots just because they sport union flags. While no unionist myself I respect the views of those who are. I have a great deal less respect for those who loudly proclaim the defence of the walls of a small city many miles from Govan.

Dont get him started, we might be there in July  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

You are not a bigot because you wave the Union Flag. Millions of Brits died for that flag over two world wars including many Scots. Have some respect.

Not how i read that Laurence, Kingmills said they were bigots who waved Union flags, not they were bigots BECAUSE they waved Union flags. Exactly how I read it too Dee. Chill oot Laurence.

Edit - for clarity.

Edited by fraz

Just because they wave union flags, does not make them bigots, if you don't like the flag of this country go and live somewhere else, I would suggest you are the bigot. Today at Parkhead we were entertained by a number of choruses of Paddy McCourt's Fenian army, because we live in a country where people fought and died, under the flag that you consider bigoted, they are entitled to do that. Did  I miss your post condemning the waving of the Irish flag and starry plough after the last time Celtic visited Inverness?. ..... Guess you weren't too disappointed in todays result!

The SPL hasn't been a breath of fresh air this season, ICT have had a magnificent season, but we all knew that Dundee were up against it and would get relegated and Celtic would win it. I would suggest the only fresh air is between your ears! 

Just because they wave union flags, does not make them bigots, if you don't like the flag of this country go and live somewhere else, I would suggest you are the bigot. Today at Parkhead we were entertained by a number of choruses of Paddy McCourt's Fenian army, because we live in a country where people fought and died, under the flag that you consider bigoted, they are entitled to do that. Did  I miss your post condemning the waving of the Irish flag and starry plough after the last time Celtic visited Inverness?. ..... Guess you weren't too disappointed in todays result!

The SPL hasn't been a breath of fresh air this season, ICT have had a magnificent season, but we all knew that Dundee were up against it and would get relegated and Celtic would win it. I would suggest the only fresh air is between your ears! 

Tetchy but never mind I am sure your big team will be back in the top flight within a few years. 

post-5792-0-99084100-1366580502.jpg

• Agree 1

Tetchy but never mind I am sure your big team will be back in the top flight within a few years

My big team, for a second I thought our season had been a dream my team are third in the table, what an idiot you really are. Did you even bother to get someone to read my reply out to you? Coming on here and in your clever way saying I'm a rangers supporter, or as you call them sevco, cant you even bear to type the name Rangers can you. I disagreed with your post and the tone of it, btw how are sevco as you call them racist. Come on answer the post..  

As usual with your type there will no doubt be a paragraph on how you have had ICT season tickets for every year and bought every strip, but unfortunately you can not go back on your first post, you have exposed yourself , you are the bigot, making false accusations as I said if you don't like this country go and live somewhere else and I would also prefer you kept your opinions and poison away from a my team ICT who welcome all Football supporters, even people with your attitude and baggage.

For goodness sake Agent N chill out. Maybe a glass of wine and a nice gentle Indian head massage  :smile:

For what it's worth, I dislike the ugly sisters and what they stand for in equal measure. As a point of fact, they are no longer Rangers in the same way as Airdrie United are no longer Airdieoneans. They are The Rangers Football Club, formerly known as Sevco so you are quite right on that score.

That said, I have no difficulty in those who hold the institution close to their hearts continuing to refer to them as Rangers but, with respect, the rest of us are not obliged to do so.

Edited by Kingsmills

Kingsmills ( or should that be Parkhead) you haven't clarified your post, you like a lot of people are of the opinion that Scottish Football is better without Rangers. How is it better?. We have had a good season, but crowds are down, there was no competition to Celtic in winning the league, Celtic on the day they won the league had to do cheap tickets for kids  to boost the crowd, crowds are down at all grounds, standard of play hasn't improved (ICT exception). Your comments about racists and bigots need backing up, how did Green pander to them?  Despite my recent posts I don't have a drum to beat about Rangers but do feel they have been unfairly treated and their treatment has been to the detriment of Scottish Football. Celtic are going to win the league for the foreseeable future eventually TV audiences will get tried of it and stop paying subscriptions, meaning loss of  money to the game. Football needs competition to survive unfortunately in Scotland, that competition normally means Rangers and Celtic. 

Rangers unfairly treated!? Eh? The club were liquidated and relaunched as a Newco, (under Sevco 5088). The SFA bent the rules to allow them to go straight into Division 3 (even after Spartans had already applied). Sevco are very lucky that they are allowed to compete in the Scottish football set up at all. Have you seen the latest from Sevco HQ btw?!

• Agree 1

Kingsmills ( or should that be Parkhead) you haven't clarified your post, you like a lot of people are of the opinion that Scottish Football is better without Rangers. How is it better?. We have had a good season, but crowds are down, there was no competition to Celtic in winning the league, Celtic on the day they won the league had to do cheap tickets for kids  to boost the crowd, crowds are down at all grounds, standard of play hasn't improved (ICT exception). Your comments about racists and bigots need backing up, how did Green pander to them?  Despite my recent posts I don't have a drum to beat about Rangers but do feel they have been unfairly treated and their treatment has been to the detriment of Scottish Football. Celtic are going to win the league for the foreseeable future eventually TV audiences will get tried of it and stop paying subscriptions, meaning loss of  money to the game. Football needs competition to survive unfortunately in Scotland, that competition normally means Rangers and Celtic. 

Not inclined to get into a debate or certainly repeat what Charles Green is on record about saying about his erstwhile fellow director nor the comments he made in the summer during a meeting of fans who had formerly supported Glasgow Rangers and who he was trying to persuade to pledge their loyalty (pun intended) to his new company to be called, after a change of name, The Rangers. I take it you have not yet gone for my suggested relaxation therapy.

By the way, guess which 'big' team I supported as a child before I came to app

reciate what they stood for ? A brand new sash and bowler hat for the correct answer although it may be a bit tricky to guess as that club no longer exists. However, just to give you a clue, they were replaced by a club with a very similar name.

Och that whole 'bent the rules' is being too sensitive.  Spartans themselves said they wouldn't put a bid in against a team with a world class stadium, crowds to rival Celtic and bringing in money that dwarfs any other club that could gain entry.  Of course, they would get in.

Agent N: see above. No-one said they were bigots for flying the flag but bigots who fly the flag.  It's a subtle but important difference.

I don't think Green did pander to them (and I've never saw Rangers as racist [or at least in the past few decades] - bigots yes, but religion, not race).  Green just was a bit niaive.  Even that whole comment about Imran Ahmed was part of a speech saying he wasn't racist/bigoted.  Read the whole quote.  Indeed, he was saying the bigotry towards Rangers wasn't based on race or religion either but because of being a big successful club.  A brain-disengaged, loud-mouthed, money-obsessed man but doubt he cared much beyond that.

But this season's SPL has been more enjoyable than the past 10 years or more.  Who won the league has always been immaterial since Souness. Rangers/Celtic/who cares?  Who qualifies for Europe has taken in everyone in the league at some stage.  The old guard of Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen and, to an extent, Dundee Utd losing ground to new clubs has been more exciting than which millionaire team can score how many goals against which bankrupt club.

Who wins the league has always been of interest to Rangers, Celtic and outsiders.  Scottish fans of other clubs couldn't care less. Yeah, you're right.  Competition is needed.  But not the old two-horse race.  That's what's led to the staleness of so many years.  A number of clubs need a chance of winning.  Rangers haven't been missed but Celtic are still too rich.

• Agree 3