So long Broadwood

Naelifts

Seems like the Ice Station is being vacated by Clyde and that they will be relocating next season. Any good memories of the place out there? It was one of my least favourite venues and I cannot think what they may do with it now. Demolition?

I remember beating them 6-0 at Broadwood with Gardner Spiers in charge of Clyde.  I think we were Division 2 at the time. 

I looked this up because I found it hard to believe  :lol:

It was 6-1, 14 March 98 and my diary says I was there.... can't remember a thing about it  :ohmy:

All I can remember is how hard it was to win there, we always made it hard for ourselves by having red cards, gift goals etc. There was a 4-3 as well as Johndo's 4-1. Lost about 3 goals in 5 mins while Hastings was injured or something. One or two 3-0 defeats too. A backs to the wall 1-1 draw after Martin Bavidge was sent off quite early on with us leading.

One I remember that hardly anybody else will - we got a 1-1 draw thanks to a Martin Glancy equaliser, the year we went up with Livi, 98-99. This kept us 8 points ahead of Clyde.

The team bus made it over Drumochter but the supporters bus didn't as the snow gates got closed. Only a handful of Central belters there.

• Agree 1

Getting beat 4-1 on a ****** Tuesday night !!

I was screaming for Robbo's head that night. Hissy also took a lot of flak. I think the wound of Pele's departure was still a bit raw.

It was a turning point though, we beat Celtic the following Sunday and went on to consecutive Scottish semis and a glorious return to Broadwood on the way to promotion.

I'm with Gringo here. I think the 2-1 at Broadwood in May 2004 was a turning point in ICT's history. You can seldom put that kind of thing down to single games in a 36 match season and it was the St Johnstone result the following Saturday which clinched the First Division title and (eventually!) SPL status.

But my memory of the result at Broadwood was that it created a wind of change throughout ICT in terms of thinking and perceptions, when a lot of people really started to believe that the title could well be on.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

I remember beating them 6-0 at Broadwood with Gardner Spiers in charge of Clyde.  I think we were Division 2 at the time. 

One I remember that hardly anybody else will - we got a 1-1 draw thanks to a Martin Glancy equaliser, the year we went up with Livi, 98-99. This kept us 8 points ahead of Clyde.

The team bus made it over Drumochter but the supporters bus didn't as the snow gates got closed. Only a handful of Central belters there.

i remember that one - not cos i was there but because i was on the bus.  i'd taken 2 wee boys to thier first away game.  tried to get hold of the parents but couldn't as they were off enjoying themselves child-free.  ended up going to see Elf in Vue cinema, taking them to Pizza Hut for lunch then over the bridge to the County game in Caley colours!  guess it would be the away end we were in.

kids had a smashing day - cost me an arm and a leg....

• Agree 1

The highland march curse LOL and to think the shoebox is now on that list :O haha

Broadwood is a ground I sadly never visited, then again I heard it was more souless than ours. I believe they're moving to East Kilbride and will change their name to EK Clyde. Don't understand what differnce any of this will make tbh! EK is riddled with as much OF fans as Cumbernauld!