ICT -V- Motherwell

Scotty

we played very well and could have been more than 3 up.

about 5 mins before motherwell scored we started to get ragged. could not keep ball etc

game changed for me when meekings meet i think hammil in a 50/50. i was in the north stand and i could hear the thud of both players meeting the ball at the same time. looked like a good old fashioned tackle by both and the ball went out for a throw in to us.

referee collulm gave a free kick to motherwell which had butcher raging on the side line. only thing i can think of was that meeking had both feet off the ground. would like to see it again on sunday night.

from the free kick motherwell retained possesion and scored.

at half time thought next goal was crucial. motherwell got it and it was game on.

they were now playing like us in first half and could have scored more than the 3 they got.

billy's pen was the chance to kill the game at 4-2 but i dont think he missed, randolph is by far the best keeper in the spl and it was a super save.

could only see motherwell  winning when it went to 3-3 , but ojamma sent off was the luck we needed and we got another chance to win the game which billy took.

motherwell did not look like they had only 10 players as they created chances.

looking back a great game (but not during the game when you are holding on for the win.)

we were superb first 30 mins, and motherwell showed why they are 2nd behind cellic.

• Agree 2

Superb first 30 mins, maybe the best of the season. The wee man could have finished it then to make it 4 - 0 but he's lacking confidence these days and dithered - again. Things went a bit lumpy then and at 3 all I thought we'd blown it and was shouting for Sutherland to come on as a target and to run at them. With the penalty miss I thought here we go again but Billy was back on form and that might just be the goal that makes all the difference. Ojamaa deserved to go as he was at it all day and penalty looked soft.

Nearly lost my voice but what a win against a very good side. Jaisus we don't make it easy on ourselves though do we?

Shame Dundee Utd couldn't even draw at home but we're still in the driving seat and that perfomance showed plenty of grit so bring it on.

Possibly the result of the season we really should have had it sewn up when 3-0 up but to get the winner all be it against ten men shows we have some bottle

Wee bit disappointed that Utd couldn't have taken at least a point from St Johnstone but it's still very much in our hands

Looks like the game in Dingwall will be judgement day it's going to be some end to the season

Dougal

• Agree 2

We just do not lie down. At 3-0 we were in dreamland, at 3-3 with a penalty miss on our stats we were in hell but we got what we ultimately deserved which was 3 points and thats us now got the 3rd place very much in our own hands. Motherwell are clinical and did well to get level but Ojamaa deserved to go and with that the boys saw the chance to get our lead back

A crazy afternoon and as big Tel has said a great advert for scottish football. Thought our boys were top notch today, especially Hogg. 16 months with no gametime and to come back like that i think pays tribute to his character and all those who have helped him on his journey back to fitness. Will be gutted when we lose Shinnie and Reguero too, both were key players in securing the 3 points today, they will need to be well replaced. 

We have had many memorable moments throughout the campaign but this one will stick with me for a while, especially if this is the match that does it for us. Its moments like this that have typified our season so far. Well done lads.

• Agree 4

That second half was the most nerve straining 45 minutes of football I have endured since the game against Falkirk that ultimately led to our relegation three years ago but, thankfully, with a more pleasing outcome.

The game as a whole was a microcosm of our season, firstly, we seemed to have our European destiny well under our own control, then in the balance, then we appear to have thrown it away before finally pulling it out of the fire although, in my view the sending off was a game changer. Until that point there was only going to be one winner and it wasn't us but after the harsh sending off at Perth last week perhaps we deserved a bit of luck.

Don't think the result at Tannadice was entirely negative from our point of view as it now leaves the Arabs arithmetic out of the equation with nothing to play for.

The same effort and application as the boys showed today next week will leave us in a great position and, depending on results elsewhere, possibly qualified.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 4

What a result. I think it is just as well I was stuck in the car all afternoon. I don't think my old heart would have coped with listening to it live.

A massive 'thank you' to everyone concerned in a magnificent victory, surely the best of the season.

Europe is still in our own hands, and a big step closer.

Can't wait for the highlights.

What a brilliant result, and fantastic for McKay getting his hat-trick, sounds like a great, if topsy turvy game to watch....what with Palace winning their first match in ten games to cement their play-off place I'm in a very happy place tonight. I just hope both my teams can reach their respective targets.

I notice Hogg in the team, that must be his first start since his injury, how did he play?

• Agree 1

He was penalised for an alleged foul on Ojamma which gave Motherwell a penalty but I think he was very unlucky with that decision. Overall a very solid performance. I think Warren, Devine, Hogg and Meekings will be our CB next season.

Edited by RiG

Great game, some excellent play and everyone showed real guts towards the and for the winner. Good to see billy back in the goals and to those who question shinniesta and his commitment - doubt you can say that today.

3rd v 2nd chasing Europe, 2nd last home game this season but a crap crowd. Disappointed not to see more reward for the players effort this year.

• Agree 1

Andrew shinnie was my mom. the whole team were totally up for it today. great performance all round. don't know how to get the crowds up but aanyone who says spl is boring obviously sits at home on their laptop in a vegetative state

• Agree 2

Great game, some excellent play and everyone showed real guts towards the and for the winner. Good to see billy back in the goals and to those who question shinniesta and his commitment - doubt you can say that today.

3rd v 2nd chasing Europe, 2nd last home game this season but a crap crowd. Disappointed not to see more reward for the players effort this year.

that was quite a stunning game of footie. Just had a night out with a couple of gers fans who were telling me how poor the SPL was this year. Destroyed, so they were. Crowd could have been better, but crap, nah. There was little or nothing to be dosappointed about today but if you want to (potentially) be part of history, it might be a good idea to get your erse to Caley Park next week. Tell them davie sent you.

• Agree 2

That's a fitting end of this thread --- the last three posters exhorting the absent fans to get down to the park and support a fantastic team after a fantastic season.

Why was the crowd so low--saving their money for the last game of the season?

There is more joy to come chums--just watch this space.