I see Butcher was saying in post-match interview that ICT look to be signing Burnley winger Adam Evans and he's already been up on trial.  Supposedly as well, there'll be another trialist game fairly soon as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I just don't understand one thing: He would be the third winger we sign. Does that mean that all wingers we have now are offski? Shouldn't we look for someone in the centre instead, both an understudy to Billy and some competition for Nicky in central midfield?

I would say the wing is one area where we definitely need strengthening from this seasons squad. IMO the only natural winger we have just now is Aaron Doran.

Nick Ross didn't cut it for me on the wing on Saturday and I feel he is much more suited to a central role. Likewise Foran is much more suited to a central midfield role now. Sutherland has not impressed on the wings and Gibbons/Roberts have barely featured but are loanees. Pepper may eventually be deployed on the wing but I think when he signed he was an central attacking midfielder/striker

If this signing does come to fruition then Evans along with Doran, Greenhalgh and Williams would give options on the wing allbeit very young ones

I think this summer our priorities in the signing department are a goalkeeper, an attacking mid to replace Andrew Shinnie, a striker or possibly two to give Billy competition and also cover for injuries.

• Agree 3

So close to liking Renegade's comment but, unless you mean a young up-n-coming striker who will spend most of his time in the U20s, hoping for a break here and there (I thought that was why we got Oswell), I think only one striker is needed - otherwise it just leads to unhappiness.  Maybe, with injuries, another striker at Xmas but not yet.  Who knows where the injuries will strike?

Oops, I forgot.  They will be at centre-back as usual.

Anyone else get the feeling, Doran will be away?  I'll be unhappy if that's the case mind you.