all together - one last time

davie

Sunday sees the final game of Caley Thistle’s best ever season, and if you don’t know where it is or what’s at stake you must have been in the space station with that Canadian chap. Tickets for our end are selling like hot cakes as you would imagine, people are buzzing and the game is being broadcast on Sky. It’s as high as profile gets in Scotland. We are on course for Europe with a win, so please wear your holiday costumes. Anyone who has a sombrero please feel free to dig it out of the cupboard and wear the thing. There will be inflatables and beach balls for all. If we don’t qualify we will be disappointed but we can still celebrate our most successful season ever.

Of course having a party doesn’t imply going daft. Please - no pyrotechnics, no chanting about you know what’s and please try not to lob either yourself or anything else on the pitch whilst people are running about on it. And no streaking for God’s sake - it's only May. The Council have decided that no licenced premises will be open in Dingwall before the game, so if you are there early (especially off the train) please respect the locals and the fact that their places of worship will be open before ours is. At least the Caley Club in Greig Street will be open after the game and there will be a ceilidh band playing - Full Tilt Brian tells me, and hopefully it sounds like grounds for celebration. Brian also tells me that bus tickets are on sale at the Caley Club on Saturday between 2 and 3 - get down there and buy them so you won't be disappointed.

I know that, banter aside, our rivals will wish us all the best if we qualify for Europe on Sunday and I’ll take this opportunity to congratulate them on a magnificent first SPL season. Both sides will have a support that does the Highlands proud on Sunday, we’re sure of that.

The nation will be watching, so let's show them how to have a good time.

Davie Balfour

Caley Jags Together

• Agree 20

I echo the sentiments expressed by Davie in the opening post, and I'd just like to wish the team and management all the best for this crucial game. I'd have liked to be there but I'm off on a golf trip early Monday, so just couldn't get back down here in time.

Nevertheless, rest assured I and a few local ICT convertees will be having our own 'beach party' in our favoutite pub, and roaring the boys on watching it on Sky.

Hoping for a great result without the need for 'Well helping us out.

I have found a video that starts off with piccies of davie, followed by man4thejob, kingsmills,bughtmaster,Scotty,scarlet and a few others singing this melody.

Very interesting but do the afore mentioned qualify for royalties and when will it be released? Toneing up my voice as I type.  Come to think of it When it tops the charts we can all go to Europe and sing ICT into the final.  :lol:

If you fancy something more "manly" then I'm aiming to try and recreate this video of Ajax fans by gathering like minded ICT supporters in the Rose Street car park:

If you fancy something more "manly" then I'm aiming to try and recreate this video of Ajax fans by gathering like minded ICT supporters in the Rose Street car park:

Good enuff shout but ya had better change the venue now and whisper it before the game - I have a better venue !! :wink:

I have found a video that starts off with piccies of davie, followed by man4thejob, kingsmills,bughtmaster,Scotty,scarlet and a few others singing this melody.

http://youtu.be/F7MwXniOD44

• Agree 1

I have been present at most of ICT's historic games in the past 19 years but much to my great disappointment (and shame) I will not be able to go on Sunday.  I will be supporting and willing the team on from a distance to get over the finishing line and finish off the season in 3rd - where they deserve to be.  Please everbody who is going give an extra shout on my behalf.

• Agree 1

I had a dream - and if dreams come true - then Caley Thistle- I'll score the winning for you. On this day, Sunday 19th May 20013 the Howden End will transcend in to the sky of Ross-shire and will emit a ray of light down on the sandpit and even the oldest Jeggies will watch in awe.

The Howden End will never die, the Howden End is in the sky.